Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing troops home for the holidays

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Bringing troops home for the holidays

Wasn't sure where to post this. It's been going on for 12 years. The groups sole purpose is to fly our troops home for the holidays. They try to focus on the very bottom of the military, the low E's. What a great marriage though it could be between flyertalkers who know how to buy cheap tickets and use points and troops who need to see their families.

From their webpage:
http://lbeh.org/

Bringing military families together for the holidays since 2001!

It IS time!
Let's Bring Em Home 2013 is OPEN TO DONATIONS and we will open to INTERNATIONAL ticket requests today, at 6:00pm CENTRAL TIME. Domestic ticket requests will follow a week or so after.

TWELVE years ago I asked some of you folks for help with an idea I had. My idea was to gather up a few dollars and buy some plane tickets to allow some deserving young soldiers the opportunity to spend Christmas with their families. To say that I underestimated the response I would get, would indeed be an understatement itself. Rising to the challenge in grand fashion, you folks dug through your couch cushions and sent in over $14,000 dollars in just a few short days. Indeed, your generosity cemented the fact that our annual ticket drive would not be a one time shot, but an annual tradition. And hence the phrase, "Let's Bring Em Home" was coined.

For the next years years following that otherwise uneventful Friday afternoon in December of 2001, I have put forth the call for your help. Where upon I throw myself on my knees and humbly beg that you, fair reader, will help me help our country's young military members: the Airmen, the Marines, the Soldiers, the Sailors and the Coast Guardsmen. To show them that we understand they're people and not just statistics we see on our evening news, or blurry images that dance across our television screens. That we understand how they'd rather be with their families than any other place in the world, especially during this time of the year.

As always, we exist exclusively on donations, and as our administrative fees were all the way fown to 3.66% last year, LBEH is a charity that you can be sure as much of your donation is going directly to our military's benefit as possible! The folks who run LBEH -- including myself -- are volunteers! So remember... Lots of donations = lots of airplane tickets = Lots of happy soldiers! And as always, your donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

Thank you in advance for your support!

Ernie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.