Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

2013 Dahl Fund--$6K goal met; 2 donors won a ride on a Stinston Tri-Motor

Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund

"In 2002, the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund was established to provide two deserving aviation students a scholarship grant in Jasons name. Originally available to students at Dahls Alma Mater, San Jose State University and Metro State University in Denver where Dahl lived, the program has since been expanded to NATIONAL status as an IRS recognized 501(c)3 non-profit program supported through corporate and individual donations alike."

"Thank You For Your Support! Join us in helping reach our goals! All proceeds go to support our next generation Captains! Your generosity as already helped us award 23 scholarships to date! With your continued help we have an ambitious goal to offer the scholarship nationwide securing over $100,000 in donations."

The Fund has been a project of special interest to Flyertalkers, as so many of us are frequent flyers.
Print Wikipost

2013 Dahl Fund--$6K goal met; 2 donors won a ride on a Stinston Tri-Motor

Old May 11, 2013, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Great news and thanks for keeping us updated Capt Denny! ^
Old May 11, 2013, 10:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Good grief, Charlie Brown! Can't believe I won this... and now the Stinson Tri added to my Ford Tri (AA as well) and my D.H. 89 Dragon Rapide rides. Thanks, Dahl Fund and happy birthday, Lady Flanagan!

And I've got my tickets, hotel and rental car squared away! See you at Jane's Field!

Last edited by JDiver; May 12, 2013 at 11:08 pm Reason: add
Old May 12, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by BrettFrance
Hello everyone, my name is Brett France and I am a junior in the Professional Flight Program at Purdue University. This is my first time on Flyertalk and I am amazed about everything on this site. I am a recipient for the 2013 Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship and I cannot thank you all for what you do to make this scholarship what it is today. Back when I started my flight training, flying was nothing more than a hobby. Soon later, this was something I wanted to pursue as a career, and to this day I cannot see myself doing anything other than flying. The Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship is a representation of being the best in the aviation industry. This Scholarship is more than just a way to offset flight cost, it honors the life of Captain Jason Dahl and what he stood for. Again, thank you very much for what you all do, and I am excited to be part of this great aviation community.
Congratulations to you and the other scholarship winners. Thanks for posting here and letting us know a little about your experiences. The Dahlfund is a great cause and I'm happy to support it throughout the year.

Boiler Up!!!
Old May 12, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Hertz Gold, Marriot , Starwood
Originally Posted by Capt Denny
Sorry I won't be able to stay up till Midnight PST for all the last minute donors. I live in Ohio and hitting the sack. We currently are at $5600.

For those late night bloggers I want to say thank you for all your support over the years for the Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship. Besides these raffles we have a few other ways to raise money for the scholarships. United employees can donate $1(minimum) per pay period through a payroll deduction. Last year we raised $17,000 and each quarter the amount grows. Kicking off this month the Pennsylvania Tourism Bureau have brochures in all their 14 Welcome Centers through the summer. The brochure gives directions to Flight 93's final resting place in Shanksville Pa. It also provides information how to donate to the scholarship. In the fall we have a WWII T-6raffle. Of course the Chicago Seminar raises funds for us with their raffles.
Capt Denny
Going "home" this weekend for my mom's 80th BD party over there in Erie, will check out the welcome center at the OH border again and look for the brochure. Wasn't there last month in April when I was there last but? I suspect it was a bit early.

Last edited by Jubileesmom; May 12, 2013 at 8:32 pm
Old May 13, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: AAEP, other airs, hotels, ccs
Everyone's a Winner

OMG, Flyer Talkers came through with the donations! How great to hear from the scholarship recipient, and to know how the donations flow through to the future.

I'm also really happy to be one of the winners chosen to take the 'ride'. I haven't been on top of the arrangements yet, but as soon as i check the fly-in schedule, that is next on the list.

I hope to meet some of the FTs at the fly-in. The museum sounds like it offers enough on its own, to get to the fly-in. Can't wait. And i will definitely come up with some photos or vids.

Thanks again to Capt Denny for keeping us informed and motivated, and to all of the others who work behind the scenes to honor their friends and loved ones through these scholarships.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:01 pm

I couldn't have said it better myself; thanks.

If you go, I'll see you there...

Originally Posted by Travel & Leisure
OMG, Flyer Talkers came through with the donations! How great to hear from the scholarship recipient, and to know how the donations flow through to the future.

I'm also really happy to be one of the winners chosen to take the 'ride'. I haven't been on top of the arrangements yet, but as soon as i check the fly-in schedule, that is next on the list.

I hope to meet some of the FTs at the fly-in. The museum sounds like it offers enough on its own, to get to the fly-in. Can't wait. And i will definitely come up with some photos or vids.

Thanks again to Capt Denny for keeping us informed and motivated, and to all of the others who work behind the scenes to honor their friends and loved ones through these scholarships.
Old May 14, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Can I just fly in to join the exclusive tour? (I had so much fun last year, I want a second...)
Old May 14, 2013, 10:52 am

It's a Fly-In! Definitely open to pilots and the public.

Check the Discover Aviation Days web pages for the happenings and details - maybe we'll see you there.

Originally Posted by DLroads
Can I just fly in to join the exclusive tour? (I had so much fun last year, I want a second...)
Old May 15, 2013, 12:38 am

Programs: Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
You All Rocked My World,

I had the opportunity to sit at the awards table with severeal of the awards winners including Brett.

Looking at a June 6 2014 Awards next year and a possible big time 2013 911 in Denver this year.
We will keep you posted.

Cannot even do it without all of you folks.

David Dosch

360-239-2458

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.