Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

2013 Dahl Fund--$6K goal met; 2 donors won a ride on a Stinston Tri-Motor

2013 Dahl Fund--$6K goal met; 2 donors won a ride on a Stinston Tri-Motor

    Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 19, 13, 10:37 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund

"In 2002, the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund was established to provide two deserving aviation students a scholarship grant in Jasonís name. Originally available to students at Dahlís Alma Mater, San Jose State University and Metro State University in Denver where Dahl lived, the program has since been expanded to NATIONAL status as an IRS recognized 501(c)3 non-profit program supported through corporate and individual donations alike."

"Thank You For Your Support! Join us in helping reach our goals! All proceeds go to support our next generation Captains! Your generosity as already helped us award 23 scholarships to date! With your continued help we have an ambitious goal to offer the scholarship nationwide securing over $100,000 in donations."

The Fund has been a project of special interest to Flyertalkers, as so many of us are frequent flyers.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old May 10, 13, 10:28 am
  #61  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 179
Post

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I just tried to donate and the site is blocked by our firewall...
Kipper,

You can post your donation and we will add it to the total. If you cannot break through the firewall just mail it to the Littleton address.

Currently we are at $5250.

Capt Denny
Capt Denny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 1:42 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Programs: SPG Plat
Posts: 66
Just came across this on Flyertalk homepage. As a nervous flyer I want to thank all the pilots who bring me safely to my destination. I donated $100
Helloyellow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 1:58 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 179
Getting Closer

Originally Posted by Helloyellow View Post
Just came across this on Flyertalk homepage. As a nervous flyer I want to thank all the pilots who bring me safely to my destination. I donated $100
Thanks for your donation. Getting closer to the match bid. We are at $5350 and $650 to go.

Capt Denny
Capt Denny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 2:06 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CAE,AGS
Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,104
Thanks for the reminder - just squeezed my donation in....
miffSC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 3:09 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 179
May 10th Activity

WOW!!! Lots of activity today! We just reached $5425. A side note today is Mrs. Capt Denny 's birthday. I don't believe many people know my wifes name. Therese (Terri) (Maloney)Flanagan.

Capt Denny
Capt Denny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 3:19 pm
  #66  
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City/Honolulu
Programs: UA 2MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,273
Originally Posted by Capt Denny View Post
WOW!!! Lots of activity today! We just reached $5425. A side note today is Mrs. Capt Denny 's birthday. I don't believe many people know my wifes name. Therese (Terri) (Maloney)Flanagan.

Capt Denny
Happy Birthday Mrs. Capt Denny!
Pat89339 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 4:07 pm
  #67  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 36,601
Originally Posted by Pat89339 View Post
Happy Birthday Mrs. Capt Denny!
Happy birthday!
kipper is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 4:49 pm
  #68  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 36,601
Originally Posted by Capt Denny View Post
Kipper,

You can post your donation and we will add it to the total. If you cannot break through the firewall just mail it to the Littleton address.

Currently we are at $5250.

Capt Denny
I was able to make a donation at home.
kipper is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 8:36 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 1,627
I'm in. Here's to the memory of the captain and all impacted, and best wishes to the students.
starflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 9:11 pm
  #70  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW
Programs: AAdvantage Plt, Hyatt Plt, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold.
Posts: 69
I'm in. Sorry for being late to the game. Just saw this today.
system error is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 13, 9:28 pm
  #71  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 179
Just Four Hours To Go

Sorry I won't be able to stay up till Midnight PST for all the last minute donors. I live in Ohio and hitting the sack. We currently are at $5600.

For those late night bloggers I want to say thank you for all your support over the years for the Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship. Besides these raffles we have a few other ways to raise money for the scholarships. United employees can donate $1(minimum) per pay period through a payroll deduction. Last year we raised $17,000 and each quarter the amount grows. Kicking off this month the Pennsylvania Tourism Bureau have brochures in all their 14 Welcome Centers through the summer. The brochure gives directions to Flight 93's final resting place in Shanksville Pa. It also provides information how to donate to the scholarship. In the fall we have a WWII T-6raffle. Of course the Chicago Seminar raises funds for us with their raffles.


Capt Denny
Capt Denny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 13, 11:28 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 179
Reached $6000

We were at $5650 and shcooper01 made it an even $6000. Tonight we will draw two winners at the scholarship awards dinner. The winners + guest will be taking their ride June 1st.

During the early hours on Farm Flanagan our mare we rescued in January delivered a beautiful filly.

Capt Denny
Capt Denny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 13, 5:02 pm
  #73  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 36,601
Originally Posted by Capt Denny View Post
Kicking off this month the Pennsylvania Tourism Bureau have brochures in all their 14 Welcome Centers through the summer. The brochure gives directions to Flight 93's final resting place in Shanksville Pa. It also provides information how to donate to the scholarship. In the fall we have a WWII T-6raffle. Of course the Chicago Seminar raises funds for us with their raffles.
Capt Denny
Very cool--I'll have to stop by one that's about 20 miles away and look for it.
Originally Posted by Capt Denny View Post
We were at $5650 and shcooper01 made it an even $6000. Tonight we will draw two winners at the scholarship awards dinner. The winners + guest will be taking their ride June 1st.

During the early hours on Farm Flanagan our mare we rescued in January delivered a beautiful filly.

Capt Denny
Way to go shcooper01!

Congrats on the new filly, Capt. Denny!
kipper is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 13, 8:21 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 179
Winners Winners Winners Winners Winners Winners

The WINNERS are JDiver and since we reached $6000 and second name was pulled and it was Travel and Leisure.

The winners and their guest win the opportunity to take the flight on June 1st. Winners must make their own way to the Anoka County Airport, roughly 30 miles south of Minneapolis/St Paul. There, they will take a ride in the Stinson Tri-Motor and be given a private tour of the Golden Wing Museum. The museum houses close to 30 unique and one-of-a-kind aircraft from America's Golden Age of Aviation (1920's-1930's). June 1st will also be the airportís Aviation Days event. The civilian flying communities have "DOs" called FLY-INs. When an airport announces they are having a FLY-IN, everyone flies their small aircraft in for a pancake breakfast. That will start the day off and they have a weekend schedule of fun activities. A Swing Dance in the museum Saturday night. Check out the events calendar on the Golden Wings Museum web site for more details.

I will be in contact with the winners with more information.

My thanks to everyone who made this fund raiser a success. Our goal was $6000 and we reached it. My grateful thanks to Pat(with a bunch of numbers) for her assistance in making this possible.

Capt Denny
Capt Denny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 13, 8:23 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GRR, USA
Posts: 3,206
Originally Posted by Capt Denny View Post
The WINNERS are JDiver and since we reached $6000 and second name was pulled and it was Travel and Leisure.

The winners and their guest win the opportunity to take the flight on June 1st. Winners must make their own way to the Anoka County Airport, roughly 30 miles south of Minneapolis/St Paul. There, they will take a ride in the Stinson Tri-Motor and be given a private tour of the Golden Wing Museum. The museum houses close to 30 unique and one-of-a-kind aircraft from America's Golden Age of Aviation (1920's-1930's). June 1st will also be the airportís Aviation Days event. The civilian flying communities have "DOs" called FLY-INs. When an airport announces they are having a FLY-IN, everyone flies their small aircraft in for a pancake breakfast. That will start the day off and they have a weekend schedule of fun activities. A Swing Dance in the museum Saturday night. Check out the events calendar on the Golden Wings Museum web site for more details.

I will be in contact with the winners with more information.

My thanks to everyone who made this fund raiser a success. Our goal was $6000 and we reached it. My grateful thanks to Pat(with a bunch of numbers) for her assistance in making this possible.

Capt Denny
Congrats JDiver and Travel & Leisure! Enjoy the ride!
LufthansaFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread