2013 Dahl Fund--$6K goal met; 2 donors won a ride on a Stinston Tri-Motor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund

"In 2002, the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund was established to provide two deserving aviation students a scholarship grant in Jason’s name. Originally available to students at Dahl’s Alma Mater, San Jose State University and Metro State University in Denver where Dahl lived, the program has since been expanded to NATIONAL status as an IRS recognized 501(c)3 non-profit program supported through corporate and individual donations alike."

"Thank You For Your Support! Join us in helping reach our goals! All proceeds go to support our next generation Captains! Your generosity as already helped us award 23 scholarships to date! With your continued help we have an ambitious goal to offer the scholarship nationwide securing over $100,000 in donations."

The Fund has been a project of special interest to Flyertalkers, as so many of us are frequent flyers.
Print Wikipost

2013 Dahl Fund--$6K goal met; 2 donors won a ride on a Stinston Tri-Motor

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 4:43 am

Day One

What a great start. On the first day we have $1850 in donations. I'm off PHX-SFO-ORD.....Will give a recap each day. Thank you for your support.

Capt Denny
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Capt Denny
What a great start. On the first day we have $1850 in donations. I'm off PHX-SFO-ORD.....Will give a recap each day. Thank you for your support.

Capt Denny
Great to hear!!!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Pat89339--

Thanks for again spearheading the drive for donations. Contribution made!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:19 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
We would appreciate your spreading this far and wide on FlyerTalk by adding a link to your signature as I have. The link will show up in all posts you have made and will make until you change it (unless the viewer has enabled signature blocking ). Thanks!

Originally Posted by jmd001
Pat89339--

Thanks for again spearheading the drive for donations. Contribution made!
My pleasure. When Capt. Denny asks, how could anyone say no.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 3, 2013 at 4:08 pm
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pat89339
... The link [in your Signature] will show up in all posts you have made ....
Updated Signature only seems to appear in new posts, not posts made before the change.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:49 pm

Updated Signature only seems to appear in new posts, not posts made before the change.
thats strange, all my old posts show the new signature.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Okay, I bought 10 tickets but there is no way I am going to get my rear end into AA's oldest surviving plane and then up into the air.

(It doesn't matter anyhow as apparently I will not be eligible for the lottery because I didn't see the notice that "It is important that you note your donation is for the FlyerTalk raffle in order to participate. Use the “More Info: Send a Note to Seller” link on the final page or "Add Special Instructions to Recipient" and note: “FlyerTalk raffle.”"

Unfortunately, this does mean that I will not be able get a ticket to send Cholula up in that plane.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat
I was lucky enough to be one of the winners last spring. As a private pilot myself, it really felt great to make a small contribution that helps aspiring young pilots. Oh and the Stinson airplane ride was awesome, too.

But that's not all. We also got a private tour of the Golden Wings Museum, where Greg Herrick has assembled a collection of nearly 30 perfectly restored historic aircraft, all with their own amazing history and story. He spent a couple of hours telling us about each one and letting us sit at the controls. Sitting at the controls of an airplane piloted by Charles Lindbergh was pretty special. This really was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I would encourage anyone with an interest in aviation and airplanes to join in to support the cause.

This year, I'm going after the UA Sim ride, so I'm going to head down to the Birding Festival on May 11 and try to win that.

Happy flying!
Ace
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That is incorrect information; when you update your signature, it will apply to your signature in all previous posts populated with your signature (as updated in My FlyerTalk, not inserted into a post by your hand, of course).

Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This year, there will also be a number of events, as can be seen here, during June 1 - 2 weekend.
● The Fly-In, with many flying in their own homebuilt, experimental, vintage commercial and military aircraft.

● A Hangar Dance! 1940s Swing Era, 14 piece band, in the hangar on Saturday night.

● Pancake Breakfast, and Lunch.

● Aircraft and Helicopter Rides!

● Vendors of aviation-related and other products, foodstuffs, etc.

● The Golden Wings Museum will, of course, be open.
If FTers wish it, we could do a FT Vintage Aviation DO.

Thanks for posting about the 2012 Discover Aviation Days and your winning ride, Ace.

Originally Posted by AceAirspeed
I was lucky enough to be one of the winners last spring. As a private pilot myself, it really felt great to make a small contribution that helps aspiring young pilots. Oh and the Stinson airplane ride was awesome, too.

But that's not all. We also got a private tour of the Golden Wings Museum, where Greg Herrick has assembled a collection of nearly 30 perfectly restored historic aircraft, all with their own amazing history and story. He spent a couple of hours telling us about each one and letting us sit at the controls. Sitting at the controls of an airplane piloted by Charles Lindbergh was pretty special. This really was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I would encourage anyone with an interest in aviation and airplanes to join in to support the cause.

This year, I'm going after the UA Sim ride, so I'm going to head down to the Birding Festival on May 11 and try to win that.

Happy flying!
Ace
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Added my contribution. I couldn't afford much, unfortunately, but as a veteran of fundraising for good causes (like MS), I truly do understand that every little bit adds up and makes a difference.

Cheers
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:03 am

You Are Right

Originally Posted by MPsince1984
Added my contribution. I couldn't afford much, unfortunately, but as a veteran of fundraising for good causes (like MS), I truly do understand that every little bit adds up and makes a difference.

Cheers
MPsince1984, You are right every amount makes a difference. We had a great start over the weekend. We raised $1925.00. This coming May 11th we will award 17 scholarships. The Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship accepts applications from every college affiliated flight program. We select one applicant from each college with the intention to keep Capt. Dahl's memory and love of flying alive.

Capt Denny
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
I put my share in, I'm in to win :-)
And for those of you who doubt- it's really worth it. The scholarships are for a great cause, and the plane ride and private tour of the museum is wonderful. Wonderful.

And here is also a picture of Amelia Earhart's plane...

And I took a close up on the dedication from Mary Heath, another great aviation pioneer.

Last edited by DLroads; Apr 23, 2013 at 8:50 am
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:39 pm

Tally

Day six of the raffle and we are taxiing just fine. Have not even lifted off and we are at $2175. Looking forward to getting to cruise altitude to pick up our speed.

Capt Denny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.