Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I hope others will make a donation.
Additional donations were made by:

dovster
dhammer53
iluv2fly

Dan
Clarification: I made it very clear that my contribution was conditional upon my NOT being required to fly in AA's oldest surviving airplane should I win.

Needless, perhaps to say, that if the Ford Tri-Motor flown by Amelia Earhart is substituted I still am not going up in the air on the thing. Not, at least, until Ms Earhart is found and discovered to be alive and well and living in Tahiti.

Now that Capt Denny has confirmed that the winner can give the flight away, I am not only more relaxed but trying to think of who on Omni/PR I disagree with so much that I want him to take my place.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:32 am

Still Growing

As of Friday evening on the 27th the total donated to the scholarship fund is $2475. It was a slow growth in the last couple of days but there is still two weeks to go. If anyone has any ideas how to promote this fund raiser your services would be appreciated.

Capt Denny
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:36 am

Dovster, If I can find Amelia Earhart's grand daughter. She will probably be 40ish. Would you take her as your guest if the Ford Tri Motor is available.

Capt Denny
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:37 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Capt Denny
Dovster, If I can find Amelia Earhart's grand daughter. She will probably be 40ish. Would you take her as your guest if the Ford Tri Motor is available.

Capt Denny
He's sussed you out, Dov. Like catnip to the cat....
Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Capt Denny
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
He's sussed you out, Dov. Like catnip to the cat....
You both fail to realize that my cowardice overwhelms even my lechery.

Feel free, however, to put the above-mentioned grand daughter on a flight to Israel.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:20 am

As of Friday evening on the 27th the total donated to the scholarship fund is $2475. It was a slow growth in the last couple of days but there is still two weeks to go. If anyone has any ideas how to promote this fund raiser your services would be appreciated.

Capt Denny
I am giving it a shot with this thread.

As Capt Denny is not Omni-enabled, I will send him the post I made by PM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 4:47 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by general45
I'm in. What a great cause!
+1 and I just shared the link on FB
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:01 am

Saturday's Update

We are still growing. On Saturday we reached $2600. Thank you for your support of the Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship. On May 12th we will announce the winners for this year and will be giving our $18,000 in financial assistance to 10 students for their flight training.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
We are still growing. On Saturday we reached $2600. Thank you for your support of the Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship. On May 12th we will announce the winners for this year and will be giving our $18,000 in financial assistance to 10 students for their flight training.
Great news, Denny!!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Is it possible to automatically buy a flight? I'm not the lucky sort, but if it were possible to buy a seat, depending on price, I might be willing to make a more significant contribution.
Old May 1, 2012, 8:54 am

Greg Herrick, the generous owner of the plane, is a good friend of mine. The winner will not only have a super flight experience but will get to meet one of the coolest guys I know.
Old May 1, 2012, 9:24 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by chefdg1
Greg Herrick, the generous owner of the plane, is a good friend of mine. The winner will not only have a super flight experience but will get to meet one of the coolest guys I know.
Would he be willing to donate another flight for someone to simply purchase for this charity? SomeGuy could make a sizeable donation for the flight.
Old May 1, 2012, 9:27 am

Donated Ride

Originally Posted by SomeGuy
Is it possible to automatically buy a flight? I'm not the lucky sort, but if it were possible to buy a seat, depending on price, I might be willing to make a more significant contribution.
When the American Airlines Tri-Motor was found an offer was made to pay for an hours ride. The owner could not accept any compensation because of insurance. And since there is not enough demand for rides to make it worth while and to cover his libality he did not accept our offer but made one of his own. He donated the ride for the Flyer Talk raffle.

At a much younger age when I was trying to accumulate flight time I would hang out at a small airport and help anyone flying in with their tie downs, transportation to a diner, wash their plane etc.....I eventually received rides in numerous aircraft and was able to log the time. My seat mile cost was $0.00 and my time involved was worth escaping the bonds of earth. We called this being an airport bum!

All participants in this fund raiser are invited to attend the flight and you will personally meet the owner of the Golden Wings Museum. After the flight he will give a personal tour of his vintage aircraft collection. I suggest you google Greg Herrick and volunteer for one of his events and who knows what might happen.

Another choice is to purchase a chance at $25. The more chances you take the price drops to as low as $5. For example for $200 you get 40 chances. $500 you get 100.

If the winner takes their ride on June 2nd the airport which the museum is located is having an "Aviation Days". Aircraft fly-in, pancake breakfast, fun activities and a swing dance in the Golden Wings Museum in the evening. Check out the events link on their web site for photos and videos from last years event. This would be a great place to have a "DO"

SomeGuy.....As of today we are at $2975 and our goal is $3000 and we still have 10 days remaining so it looks like our goal will be exceeded. Thank you all!!! On another note only 503 chances were purchased so your odds are pretty good. 1 in 500 odds on a Tri-Motor ride is better than getting upgraded.

Capt Denny
Old May 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
SomeGuy.....As of today we are at $2975 and our goal is $3000 and we still have 10 days remaining so it looks like our goal will be exceeded. Thank you all!!! On another note only 503 chances were purchased so your odds are pretty good. 1 in 500 odds on a Tri-Motor ride is better than getting upgraded.

Capt Denny
Hey, I still haven't donated yet. I'm thinking those odds are going to be a bit higher.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:36 am

Private Ride Update

Originally Posted by SomeGuy
SomeGuy,

Greg Herrick, the owner of the golden Wings Museum and I just discussed your offer to buy a ride and he declined because of insurance. He was quite impressed that we are at $4225 that he offered to add a THIRD rider if we reach $6000 and a FOURTH rider if we go over $10,000. He did stipulate that the ride will be given to all four at the same time and June 2nd would work the best for him.

Capt Denny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.