Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

Support SF's Gubbio Project and see an amazing play!

Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB

Inspired by Francis of Assisi's solidarity with and love for the poor and outcast, The Gubbio Project provides daytime shelter, food, clothing and other necessities in SF's Tenderloin District. I've known them since my long-ago counseling work in community clinics.
This year, the theatre company I direct, Jump! Theatre (www.jumptheatre.org) is partnering with several other non profits to present the world premiere of the play Hunter's Point by Elizabeth Gjelten. ALL ticket proceeds go directly to the Gubbio Project - the costs of the production are being funded by the community agencies and grantmaking organizations sponsoring the premiere.
I've known the playwright Liz for many years , saw an early version of Hunter's Point a couple of years ago and said, we HAVE to do this play with Jump! That journey has evolved into a true community partnership with several agencies and individual donors coming forth to insure that community residents in the Tenderloin and other low-income neighborhoods are able to attend this stunning production.
Not to mention the acting , staging and original music is nothing short of incredible....

To read more see below and /or go to
http://thegubbioproject.org/

Hunter's Point
a play with music & bicycles
about fierce outsiders, the complicated love of sisters,
and the meaning of home
Written by Elizabeth Gjelten
Directed by Christine Young

A benefit for The Gubbio Project

St. Boniface Church Theater
175 Golden Gate Ave., SF

Pay What You Can
(suggested $15-25 donation)

Info: www.strangeangelstheater.org

Buy tickets: http://hunterspoint.eventbrite.com/

Sept. 16- Oct.1
FRI 9/16 @ 7PM
SAT 9/17 @ 7PM
FRI 9/23 @ 2PM
SAT 9/24 @ 7PM
THU 9/29 @ 7PM
FRI 9/30 @ 7PM
SAT 10/1 @ 7PM
Join us for pre-show art exhibit and post-show panel discussions

On the toxic edge of San Francisco, a homeless singer seeks refuge from psych wards and social workers as her errant sister closes in. Ruthie, an extreme travel writer, hires a beat-boxing street musician and bike thief named Hunter to find her sister Eva, while avoiding love and responsibility in her own life. A play with music and bicycles about fierce outsiders, the complicated love of sisters, and the meaning of home.

**Funded by Walter and Elise Haas Fund, Zellerbach Family Foundation, Stanley S. Langendorf Foundation, Puffin Foundation, Theatre Bay Area CA$H grant program, and the University of San Francisco; with participation of North of Market - Tenderloin Community Benefit District.

Thanks all.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:01 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
The Gubbio Project is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization; contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law in the USA. (The donation amount, less the amount of value received for goods or services, may be deducted.)

Good luck with your theatre endeavor!

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 15, 2011 at 10:07 am Reason: typoe
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:08 am
Original Poster

thanks for the addt'l info....

Originally Posted by JDiver
The Gubbio Project is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization; contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law in the USA. (The donation amount, less the amount of value received for goods or services, what may be deducted.)

Good luck with your theatre endeavor!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

we made the NY TImes!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/16/us...oin-stage.html
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

if any of you happen to go -

could you shoot me a PM or post here? Thanks.

Again it is DONATION ONLY and no one is turned away.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.