Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

Old Sep 10, 11, 10:50 pm

I didn't picture it here myself, but this picture is just in from Reno. The Flyertalk logo has its own place on the airplane for maximum recognition. I think it will really stand out and get noticed here.

Old Sep 11, 11, 2:26 am

Bidding is closed and we collected $6043. What and amazing support we received from all of you. Tomorrow I will be at the United Training Center in Denver where two buildings will be dedicated in the memory of those who lost their lives on United Flight 93 and United Flight 175. Mrs Jason Dahl will be present and she will pick out the lucky winner. I will try and find someone to take photos.

Again thank you for your generosity. You exceeded my expectations...........

Capt Denny
Old Sep 11, 11, 3:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well done FTers! And Dan, great pic of the FT logo!

Cheers.
Old Sep 11, 11, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Captain Dan View Post
has its own place on the airplane for maximum recognition. I think it will really stand out and get noticed here.
^

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
goal of $5K for FlyerTalk to raise this year. The MegaDo participants alone raised $2K in 2009 and $3K in 2010.
Originally Posted by Capt Denny View Post
we collected $6043.
Old Sep 11, 11, 11:09 am

Thank you all. We are very glad and honored to be a part of it especially on this particular weekend.

Dan
Old Sep 11, 11, 4:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Holy cow! FT gets to STEER the plane!
Old Sep 11, 11, 10:37 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

And the winner of the ride on Radial Velocity is.....

pshuang

Thanks to everyone who gave generously to this great cause. Contributions currently stand at $6378.
Old Sep 11, 11, 10:57 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Starwood, Priceline
yay!

So proud of FT'ers on this sad anniversary. And congratulations to pshuang!
Old Sep 12, 11, 1:31 am

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Somebody had to win, and I look forward to enjoying the ride!

But I hope those of you who haven't gotten around to giving yet will still make the effort to give to this worthy cause. So let me make this offer: if an additional $500 FlyerTalk-designated donations are made between now and 11:59 PM Pacific Time on September 12 (about 24.5 hours from now), I will donate a matching $500. If we don't reach an additional $500... no match!

GO!

P.S. The real winners here of course are the men and women who will benefit from the scholarship fund....

Last edited by pshuang; Sep 12, 11 at 12:33 pm Reason: Added postscript.
Old Sep 12, 11, 7:58 am

pshuang thank you for your generous offer. I just received $100 and another donation for $93 which I assumed represented Flight 93 which was Capt Dahl's last flight.

Capt denny
Old Sep 12, 11, 11:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

OK, folks, I have heard we need another =$57.00= to make pshuang eat his words before he goes flying!

Let's get this done. And, thanks so much, pshuang!
Old Sep 12, 11, 12:22 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Starwood, Priceline
I'm in for $57

Mr. s just got another job offer much better than the last one, which means we can afford to be generous right now to this worth cause. And in thankfullness for the bounty of the universe which found work for him just when we didn't know what we'd do after October 1.
Old Sep 12, 11, 12:27 pm

I made a technical goof. I did not check the time of pshuong's challenge and the $193 in donations was made two or more hours prior. We do have $250 in donations after the challenge was made. My apologies to everyone that I did not do a time check.

So we have $250 to go before midnight. We are also open to more challanges!!!!!!!!!

Capt Denny
Old Sep 12, 11, 1:32 pm

So far, very confusing.

I see $100 and $93, another $250 was also made; squeakr has generously contributed $57, so in my parallel universe and new maths, the Foundation has $500 for esteemed and fortunate member pshuong to match.

If you are saying the $193 was made prior to the pshuong Challenge, we are then $193 short, right?

This all goes that humans can err, but it takes computers to really mess things up. Or an instrument hood and a particularly hardnosed IP.

Originally Posted by Capt Denny View Post
I made a technical goof. I did not check the time of pshuong's challenge and the $193 in donations was made two or more hours prior. We do have $250 in donations after the challenge was made. My apologies to everyone that I did not do a time check.

So we have $250 to go before midnight. We are also open to more challanges!!!!!!!!!

Capt Denny

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 12, 11 at 3:38 pm
Old Sep 12, 11, 1:44 pm

This is definitely pilot error. I do not want pshoung to be deceived because his offer is very generous. If anyone feels uncomfortable they can contact me directly and I will refund their donation. Sorry for the confusion. [email protected]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: