Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

Old Sep 3, 11, 8:13 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Mrs. Dahl, thank you so much for your post. We are hard at work raising money for the Scholarship fund with the help of Captain Denny and Captain Dan. Captain Dan's brother is giving a ride on his T-6 advanced trainer from WWII to one lucky person if we succeed in raising at least $5,000 for the fund. Captain Denny told me yesterday we are at $3,600, so we are well on our way.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ace-plane.html
Old Sep 3, 11, 8:21 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
I'm in.
Old Sep 3, 11, 9:51 pm

I had a very memorable flight today. Flt 281 ORD-SFO and Neil Armstrong was onboard. I was very humbled and honored.

Todays balance $4025.00 WOW I am so impressed.

Capt Denny
Old Sep 4, 11, 11:22 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Captain Denny asked me to post the attached article about Captain Dahl. It was written by one of his coworkers in the training center at United. It reflects on Flight 93, the subsequent 10 years, and the work being done by the scholarship fund.

Click on the link in this post in order to see the article.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Flight 93 Ten Years Later.pdf (147.5 KB, 335 views)
Old Sep 4, 11, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Gold
Thank you for letting us know about this. The donation amount has increased and I have posted this to my facebook wall. Lets get to that 5K mark FTers!
Old Sep 5, 11, 3:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I am impressed once again by FTers - and of course, by Capt. Jason Dahl.

Knowing he was a trainer for United Airlines and only flew passenger flights a couple times a month to keep up his hours, his dedication to flying (got his pilot's license before his driver's license), I can't imagine a better role model for today's young men and women with air careers in their sights, nor a better memorial - a flying memorial raising funds to help others continue down the lengthy and difficult path to the cockpit.

Our contributions by Sep 10 can help others on this tenth anniversary of the tragedy of Sept 11, so let's get them in!

Visualize FT on Radial Velocity in the Reno skies and make it a reality!

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 5, 11 at 5:09 am
Old Sep 5, 11, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Just remembered that I've told others about this, but forgot to donate myself. So did just now. I know we can beat the $5K goal - We're FTers!!

Cheers.
Old Sep 5, 11, 4:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus,Marriott Rewards,Priority Club,Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Don't forget this part:

"It’s a bit tricky to be sure that FlyerTalk gets credit. You have to go all the way thru to the Paypal page. There you will find a link that says “Add special instructions to recipient”. Click it and write “FlyerTalk – handle.” Captain Denny will be tracking donations and reporting back."

BTW - knowing that FTers are competitive, I think it would be cool if we beat the $5K goal!

Cheers.
Just donated but never got the link. I did get a confirmation email. Anyway to add this information later.
Old Sep 5, 11, 5:02 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Foxhat View Post
Just donated but never got the link. I did get a confirmation email. Anyway to add this information later.
Try a PM or an email to Captain Denny. You'll need to give him your name and the amount you contributed. We certainly want you in the drawing for the ride.

I'm not surprised that you failed to see the link. As I posted, it is tricky. I'll repeat this for others, so hopefully folks get in the drawing and give FT credit without problem.

You have to go all the way thru to the Paypal page. There you will find a link that says “Add special instructions to recipient”. Click it and write “FlyerTalk – handle.” Captain Denny will be tracking donations and reporting back.
Old Sep 5, 11, 5:16 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Just so no one misses out on the opportunity to be part of the drawing - this is what you're looking for: Click the link at the red arrow when you're checking out and you get a little drop down box for your Flyertalk info.....

Old Sep 5, 11, 7:20 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, ICHPlat, MarriottR, SPG Gold
Donated - link worked fine. Best of luck in reaching the Goal - Flyertalkers can do it for sure!
Old Sep 5, 11, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
You have to go all the way thru to the Paypal page. There you will find a link that says “Add special instructions to recipient”. Click it and write “FlyerTalk – handle.” Captain Denny will be tracking donations and reporting back.
That's what I did. Thanks to SD1K, I knew to look for the special instructions part.

Cheers.
Old Sep 5, 11, 9:09 pm

If anyone missed putting their Flyer Talk handle in the special instructions and want to be in the raffle just email me, [email protected] and I will be sure you are included. Also you do not need to be present to win. The raffle will be on Sept 11th and Capt Jason Dahls wife, Sandy, will pull the lucky winner.

As of this evening we are at $4725

Capt Denny
Old Sep 5, 11, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by Capt Denny View Post
If anyone missed putting their Flyer Talk handle in the special instructions and want to be in the raffle just email me, [email protected] and I will be sure you are included. Also you do not need to be present to win. The raffle will be on Sept 11th and Capt Jason Dahls wife, Sandy, will pull the lucky winner.

As of this evening we are at $4725

Capt Denny
kent State - wow
Old Sep 6, 11, 9:06 am

What I have found interesting is donations have been made from countries that I have visited. Canada, Ireland,Australia and New Zeland. For the Flyer Talkers that live in Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Bermuda, Argentina, Brazil, Jamica, Mexico, Panama, Iceland, Greenland, Scotland and Antarctica I have also visited your countries.

Thank you for your support of the Capt jason Dahl Scholarship.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: