Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

DREAMFLIGHT 2011 - Ironman for charity (FT Approved)

Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.

Well it has come to the time of year where I come to you with cap in hand to try and raise some money for Dreamflight.

As many of you are aware they have been one of the BA boards charities of choice for a number of years and I have helped in a small way thanks to the HUGE support from here raise over Ł6000 for them over the last few years.
This year I aim to propel my living the high life fashioned body around another triathlon to raise money for the kids.

The triathlon in question is Ironman St George in UTAH so a little 2.4 mile swim, 122 mile bike ride and 26.2 mile run all to be completed in 17 hours. The event is May 7th 2011

Dreamflight is in my opinion a fantastic charity that raises money to send seriously ill children off to Disney every year thanks to the efforts of volunteers.

If you have a moment please read their website.

http://www.dreamflight.org/

If you feel that this is a worthwhile charity then please donate whatever you can as every penny helps.

http://www.justgiving.com/cteasdel

Thanks

Christian
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:59 am

Wonderful CT-UK! ^:-: Will donate again this year.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Good Luck

All the best CT ^^
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Good luck CT-UK - a wonderful thing to do for such a wonderful charity. :-::-::-:

And here's video footage of the Dreamflight arrival in Orlando in, I believe, 2009.

If this doesn't bring a lump to your throat, you're obviously made of much tougher stuff than me! I cried my eyes out seeing this.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks FT for kicking off with my first donations. ^^

What I forgot to say is that this year Dreamflight celebrate their 25th year ^

A 3 minute Glimpse of the Dreamflight trip set to the charity's own special song.
If you get a moment or 3 to watch this video you will notice one common thing and that is every child has a smile on their face
Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:43 am

Bear in mind that in addition to Dreamflight reclaiming the basic rate of tax on your donation, you can reclaim the difference between the basic rate and the higher rate of tax on your tax return if you are a higher rate taxpayer.

So if you are a 50% rate taxpayer, a donation of Ł100 will in fact cost you Ł62.50
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Fantastic Charity!!!!

I hope the trip goes well
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Have you read the latest "Triathlete" magazine? They rank the St. George run as more difficult than Wildflower. (I assume they adjusted for the different lengths.)
Good luck.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:25 am

A very worthy cause! Good luck!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oscietra
A very worthy cause! Good luck!
Indeed it is a very worthy cause!

I recieved a call a couple of days ago and I have been asked if I would like to go as a volunteer ^ Work comitments at the time may stop this from happening but if I can I will.

73 days to go until my little event so roll up doante if you can

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.