FlyerTalk amenity kits for the homeless

FlyerTalk amenity kits for the homeless

Old Dec 29, 10, 10:36 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jan_az View Post
There is usually a collection box at SEADO
A huge one.

So much that I have started giving most of mine to a local women and childrens shelter.

I've also got friends and family to bring me their stuff to donate also.

Now, we just need to get MD to announce thet next one.
Old Dec 30, 10, 7:38 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have done this for years... I have always been able to find a local women's shelter that loved getting the amenities....
Old Dec 30, 10, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond & MM; Lifetime AA Plat; Starwood Plat; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; AvisFirst
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe View Post
If you think this is a good idea - please respond to this thread. I'll set up a PO box and start working with charities for distribution. Let's make this a continuous effort from the FT community. I know all of the compassionate folks here at FlyerTalk can make a huge difference!!!
Its a great idea. Count me in.
Old Dec 30, 10, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by youreadyfreddie View Post
The future Mr youreadyfreddie and I dropped off two full grocery bags of shampoos, disposable razors, toothbrushes/toothpaste, etc., to the Embry Rucker Shelter in Reston, Virginia yesterday, along with a couple of plates of home-made fudge. They were very appreciative.
Did you have just the cheapo razors hotels will hand out? Hotels seem to only give me single blade razors and all the agencies around me require dual blade razors.

-------------
For those of you who sort you stuff do you put like items together or do you put together a baggie of certain items? I've always just brought my bag of stuff to the church and let them do what they see fit, but it does take time for someone to sort. I guess I'd have to talk to a particular agency about their requirements.
Old Dec 30, 10, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond & MM; Lifetime AA Plat; Starwood Plat; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; AvisFirst
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe View Post
Raise awareness around FT. Edit your signature line to refer to this thread.
Can someone point me to a link that tells you how to do this? The FAQ for signatures directs you to go to MyFlyerTalk and then click on "signatures". I do not see any menu items on this page nor in the edit profile details pages.

Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 10, 6:29 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by sgblack View Post
Can someone point me to a link that tells you how to do this? The FAQ for signatures directs you to go to MyFlyerTalk and then click on "signatures". I do not see any menu items on this page nor in the edit profile details pages.

Thanks!
Go to "Private Messages" and click on "Edit Signature" in the "Your Control Panel" section.
Old Dec 30, 10, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by sgblack View Post

Thanks!
Due to signature abuses you need to be a member for 90 days and have 90 posts to have a signature. Since you don't have 90 posts you don't have the option to set one.