Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

DAHL Fund Fundraiser: LUFTHANSA Junkers Ju52 Experience & 825th HAMBURG Port Festival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DAHL Fund Fundraiser: LUFTHANSA Junkers Ju52 Experience & 825th HAMBURG Port Festival

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

I’m thrilled to announce the first Jason Dahl Scholarship Fundraiser for 2014!

What we’ve put together promises to be perhaps the best Grand Prize yet!

One Lucky GRAND PRIZE Winner Will Receive:
1 ticket for a ride aboard LUFTHANSA’s Junkers Ju52 during the opening parade of the 825th Hamburg Port Festival on May 9, 2014 courtesy of LUFTHANSA.

Round-trip airfare between Frankfurt & Hamburg courtesy of LUFTHANSA.

1 Night Hotel Accommodation at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Center on May 8, 2014 courtesy of LufthansaFlyer

1 Night Hotel Accommodation at the Park Hyatt Hamburg on May 9, 2014 courtesy of LufthansaFlyer

VIP Tour of Lufthansa Technik Hangars in Frankfurt courtesy of LufthansaFlyer.com and LUFTHANSA.

The tentative/example itinerary:
Winner arrives in Frankfurt on May 8th and will be met by Dennis from LufthansaFlyer.com and be taken on a VIP tour of various LUFTHANSA TECHNIK Hangars and other facilities in Frankfurt.

After spending the night in Frankfurt, the winner will fly to Hamburg on May 9 and board Lufthansa’s Junkers Ju52 for an afternoon touring flight. This flight will fly over the opening parade of ships signaling the start of the 825th Hamburg Port Festival. TICKETS FOR THIS FLIGHT HAVE ALREADY SOLD OUT!

Winner will then spend the night in Hamburg at the Park Hyatt and fly back to Frankfurt on May 10.

Please note that the winner is completely responsible for transportation to and from Frankfurt as well as arranging for any travel documents/passports/visas that may be necessary. I will be available during the course of this itinerary to assist as needed.

Additionally, there will be a 1st Place Prize:
Boeing 787 Dreamliner simulator session in Houston (travel arrangements to and from Houston are the responsibility of the winner).

In past fundraisers other prize packages have been added during the course of the entry period. We may be adding prizes as we go!

Here is the donation ‘schedule’ and the amount of entries that you’ll have based on your contribution:

• $25 = 2 chances
• $50 = 5 chances
• $100 = 15 chances
• $200 = 40 chances
• $300 = 60 chances
• $400 = 80 chances
$500 = 100 chances

As in the past, please make your contributions at the Dahl Fund contribution page and use PayPal. It is important that you note your donation is for the FlyerTalk raffle in order to participate. Use the “More Info: Send a Note to Seller” link on the final page or "Add Special Instructions to Recipient" and note: “FlyerTalk raffle.” Please also include your handle (if you have one—friends and lurkers are welcome to participate) and your preferred email address. Remember, many companies will match charitable gifts. The winner, as in the past, will be able to donate/gift the ride to someone else if they are unable to attend.

The deadline for entries is January 25, 2014 at Midnight US Eastern Time. A winner will be selected by random drawing by midnight US Eastern Time on January 27 and will be contacted via E-mail or Personal Message on Flyertalk. Additionally the winner will be posted in this thread as well.

Captain Denny will keep us informed on the amount of donations and we'll update the thread with those that have contributed to this great cause. Captain Denny has been raising funds for the Dahl Fund since 2005.

A VERY BIG thanks goes out to FlyerTalk's Oliver2002 (mod in the LH threads) for working with Lufthansa to make this event possible. Without his help, the Junkers ride would never had been a possibility!

Please help spread the word about this on FlyerTalk and elsewhere by forwarding a link to this thread to your friends. You do not need to be a member of FlyerTalk to participate in the raffle.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send me a Direct Message via FT. The contest is open to anyone / anywhere as long as your local laws allow you to participate!

Thanks in advance for you participation and see you in FRANKFURT!

Please note: The Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund is recognized by the US Internal Revenue Service as a qualified 501(c)(3) organization.

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Jan 11, 2014 at 6:20 pm
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Fantastic prize! I'm in for the win!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Me too! ^
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: WN A+CP, UAL, Marriott LTPPE
I'm in too ! ^ ^
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
I’m also in!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:28 am

NYC just brought the donations up to $475 which is a great start. iluv2fly just emailed and when we reach $2000 he will send in a match donation.

Thank you all for your support.

Capt Denny
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:48 am

I'm in again!

Good luck all...
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Here we go!! Some great momentum starting!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

hmmm, wonder if I should put on a duck costume during the event if we reach a certain threshold.......
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat
I'm in! Thanks to all who set this up and Capt Denny for his continued efforts in Capt. Dahl's memory.

Last edited by AceAirspeed; Jan 9, 2014 at 5:21 pm
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
1 Night Hotel Accommodation at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel...courtesy of LufthansaFlyer.com
1 Night Hotel Accommodation at the Park Hyatt Hamburg...courtesy of LufthansaFlyer.com

The deadline for entries is January 25, 2014 at Midnight US Eastern Time.

A VERY BIG thanks goes out to FlyerTalk's Oliver2002 (mod in the LH threads) for working with Lufthansa to make this event possible. Without his help, the Junkers ride would never had been a possibility!
big thanks and thumbs up to LufthansaFlyer and Oliver2002 ^

Originally Posted by Capt Denny
$475

iluv2fly just emailed and when we reach $2000 he will send in a match donation.
^

wonder if I should put on a duck costume during the event if we reach a certain threshold
for a good cause!

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 18, 2014 at 1:54 am
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
hmmm, wonder if I should put on a duck costume during the event if we reach a certain threshold.......
Nope, we want you to fly LH coach the next time
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nope, we want you to fly LH coach the next time
but as long as I'm paying for my tix can't I at least chose where to sit???
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Flying LH coach is more painful than wearing a duck costume
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Flying LH coach is more painful than wearing a duck costume
OK OK I'll bite.

If we raise 10k, I will fly LH coach on my next trip to Europe. The next trip being the one after the trip for this event since I already booked my tix.

I'll even offer to sit in the back of an A330 and fly through DUS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.