FLL Hotel

Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

FLL Hotel

Looking for advise on choice of hotel in FLL. At same rate, Bahia Mar or Embassy Suites on 17th? Any advise? Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:27 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let me move this to our Florida forum in order to aid the OP. /Senior Mod.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

FLL Hotel

Thanks, I didn't see the Florida thread.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Bahia mar is right across the street from the beach. I like the area but I mostly stayed there on a sailboat in the marina.

The embassy suites I have stayed at as well for a conference and its a nice hotel but the parking was too expensive and the area can get crowed with rush hour traffic. or vaca I would stay at the Bahia mar.

But I really liked the Lago Mar for seclusion just down the street. Its just over 300 for an ocean front view I just checked.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:08 pm

I'm local to Fort Lauderdale, so I haven't stayed at either hotel. But, the surrounding areas for each hotel are drastically different.

The Embassy Suites is on 17th Street, which is a very busy street. It is surrounded by strip malls with chain restaurants. Some views from this hotel include massive tanks at the port. Here's an aerial view looking east courtesy of Bing Maps. (The hotel is on the bottom right.):

The Bahia Mar is located across the street from the beach. As Ceres notes, it is surrounded by a marina. Here is an aerial view facing the same direction at the same scale. (The hotel buildings are to the right and left of the "A1A".):
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Ceres
Bahia mar is right across the street from the beach. I like the area but I mostly stayed there on a sailboat in the marina.

The embassy suites I have stayed at as well for a conference and its a nice hotel but the parking was too expensive and the area can get crowed with rush hour traffic. or vaca I would stay at the Bahia mar.

But I really liked the Lago Mar for seclusion just down the street. Its just over 300 for an ocean front view I just checked.
I would second the Bahia Mar over the Embassy Suites. The area around it is more interesting to stroll.
The Embassy Suites is a slightly nicer hotel, but my experience is dated, I will admit.
Why those two choices only?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Same question about only those two?

I personally like the seclusion of the Marriott Harbor Beach (3030 Holiday Drive) and it's beachfront access. It is not directly on A1A and the only traffic around it is to a small condo community just to the north of the hotel.

It's located about half way between the two aforementioned hotels and is priced similarly if you were to look through Trivago.

Last edited by teddybear99; Sep 22, 2016 at 2:34 pm
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:16 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teddybear99
I personally like the seclusion of the Marriott Harbor Beach (3030 Holiday Drive) and it's beachfront access.
To me, this is one of the best Marriott resorts in the US. I too agree it would be a superior choice over the other 2, except....it will normally be more expensive than either of the other 2 options the OP mentioned. So if the OP can handle a higher rate, then I would definitely include looking the Harbor Beach Marriott.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:41 pm
Suspended

You can't go wrong with the Embassy Suite on 17th street.

Free Breakfast and Free Manager's Reception (free drinks and snacks) = a huge value.

It is a very nice hotel. I have stayed here many, many nights in the past 10+ years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.