Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

10 000 bonus miles for new Finnair members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum

10 000 miles for new Finnair members after one return flight.
http://feel.finnair.com/
Old May 27, 2009, 7:34 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
What about giving something for their long term loyal customers? To be it seems that Lufthansa cares more about us nowadays than AY themselves...
Old May 27, 2009, 11:34 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
What about giving something for their long term loyal customers? To be it seems that Lufthansa cares more about us nowadays than AY themselves...
Think about past five years with Finnair Minus, what kind of caretaking you have received by Finnair Minus -loyal customer program?

They don't even answer for feedback given on Finnair Plus site. Probably they don't have to do it, business is running so well.

Last edited by OH-LGG; May 27, 2009 at 11:43 am
Old May 27, 2009, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Think about past five years with Finnair Minus, what kind of caretaking you have received by Finnair Minus -loyal customer program?
Hmm...maybe I was too quick with my initial response... on top of the status renewal & christmas gifts (which are all quite nice quality) I can remember invitations to golf tournaments they sponsor (last few years it has been ladies Finnair Masters and some years back it was men's challenge tour), some hockey games and to one concert + their big birthday party last autumn.

Anyway, very little promos and targeted campaigns during the last few years, this was my point and I'm sure yours as well.
Old May 27, 2009, 9:32 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Can you get a one way ticket somewhere with 10k miles? Does AY program has fues surcharges?
Old May 27, 2009, 11:25 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by al613
Can you get a one way ticket somewhere with 10k miles? Does AY program has fues surcharges?
Nope. The cheapest awards are domestic flights in Finland, which cost 13K points one way and 20K points for a return flight. For 10K points you can upgrade one AY European one way flight to business (from any economy revenue booking class), which is quite a good value for longer sectors.

Fuel surcharges are levied for award flights as well. For European flights this is currently 26 EUR per segment on AY metal, for interconntinental it's way more.
Old May 28, 2009, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by al613
For yourself no - for your underage kids 50% off makes one domestic return (10k) or nearly one intra-Scandinavia (15k)

Of course if you can combine with one of their Gold status offers it's well worth a (second) account.

10k points will also get you

4 Hertz upgrade vouchers á 2500 points, or

3 Sony d/l codes á 3500 poins or

1 Gateway lounge visit voucher (8k)

1 tapas & glass of wine or 2 glass of champagne at the Viinibaari (8k)

The Hertz might even be a good value.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; May 28, 2009 at 1:26 am
Old May 28, 2009, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, M&M, PC PlatAmb, Marriott, SPG
I can't seem to find the offer on the website?

Is there a way to keep the points from expiring after 5 years? Can one do a household account like with BA?
Old May 28, 2009, 6:09 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Shinigami
I can't seem to find the offer on the website?
You need to use the link on the original post, not go to the regular Finnair website. After skipping the intro you will see a "Join Finnair Plus and get 10000 points" at the bottom of the screen. Click it for instructions.

Is there a way to keep the points from expiring after 5 years? Can one do a household account like with BA?
Nope, they expire in 5 years and that's it. No household accounts either.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:02 am

I followed the link, but don't see a button to get the 10k points

I'll try again later...
Old May 28, 2009, 1:28 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
It takes a while to load but it does finally appear for me.
Old May 28, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Hmm...maybe I was too quick with my initial response... on top of the status renewal & christmas gifts (which are all quite nice quality) I can remember invitations to golf tournaments they sponsor (last few years it has been ladies Finnair Masters and some years back it was men's challenge tour), some hockey games and to one concert + their big birthday party last autumn.

Anyway, very little promos and targeted campaigns during the last few years, this was my point and I'm sure yours as well.
I do have a "feeling" that some major changes are going to happen at Finnair Plus. Wait and see...
Old Aug 24, 2009, 3:22 am

I was wondering why the 10k points had not been awarded to the people who I flew with, and when I queried from the Finnair servicedesk, they said the offer was valid only until the end of July...

Oh dear, and we flew in the beginning of August. I don't recall seeing any fine print mentioning this in the registration process. I thought it said end of August or something like that Can anyone confirm?

Oh well... the flight however was good. Risotto with plenty of butter on the way to Helsinki (pretty tasty IMO, then again I'm sometimes easy to please), and a decent pasta dish on the way back (not overcooked/dry pasta like you sometimes get on the plane). Wine wasn't too bad either and the FA's came around for multiple drink sessions. Silverwings lounge in Helsinki was a little crowded (and almost nobody in the BA lounge in GVA), but overall the flight was very good ^

The FA's were also smiling ear to ear, much more so than on most carriers, and throughout the entire flight (their cheek muscles must be quite tired at the end of the day).
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
The FA's were also smiling ear to ear, much more so than on most carriers, and throughout the entire flight (their cheek muscles must be quite tired at the end of the day).
Are you sure you were flying Finnair?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:56 pm

Is there a way to keep the points from expiring after 5 years?
Most likely irrelevant point but as long as you (re)qualify for AY Plat every 2nd year your points won't expire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.