Original Poster

Programs: BA/OW Sapphire, TK/* Gold
M&M status "match" for Finland

FYI,
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...h-finland.html
Old May 18, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
What kind of conditions are there?

LH is pretty tempting for my North American flights. Munich and Charlotte are rather nice transfer hubs to my preferred destinations. And I could easily arrange a Finnish address if needed...

Full fare Y or biz/first required for the qualifying flight(s)? The Senator status is only valid until Dec 2009?
Old May 18, 2009, 12:01 pm

Any booking class qualifies and the status seems to be valid until February 2011. Such a nice offer that it seems that the M&M Flyertalkers are angry about the benefits given to Finnish residents.

For more information see the pdf form and http://www.miles-and-more.com --> Finland.

I have already booked my first *alliance flight on LH to Munich in June.

Now, if only BA or AY would match *alliance status.

Last edited by nordic; May 18, 2009 at 12:08 pm
Old May 18, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Excellent offer. I am willing to try M&M benefits and compare them to BA. LH is advertaising 99 € rt trips to MUC and FRA. Have anyone found these fares for May or June? All other bargains are also welcome. United flights in July and August are my next scheduled *A flights and I would like to have *G in my pocket then.
Old May 18, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by nordic
Any booking class qualifies and the status seems to be valid until February 2011. Such a nice offer that it seems that the M&M Flyertalkers are angry about the benefits given to Finnish residents.

For more information see the pdf form and http://www.miles-and-more.com --> Finland.

I have already booked my first *alliance flight on LH to Munich in June.

Now, if only BA or AY would match *alliance status.
LH had the same offer going for Italian residents, too.

Feb 2011 - if you have OW Gold, you'll be LH SEN (*A Gold) till Feb 11 and LH FTL (*A Silver) till Feb 2013!

AY does publicly match *A status (or even giving it away, without matching!) on certain conditions (ex-Germany to Asia, ex-Korea to Europe, etc - one return flight gets you AY Gold) Who knows, maybe they'll match privately, if you ask nicely?

(I have a strange feeling about this - I "worked" hard last year to qualify for both LH and AY Gold, and now it turns out any one of them would have been enough.)
Old May 19, 2009, 12:00 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
This is great stuff. Our summer vacation flights were already booked a long time ago on LH and OS, so a free FTL status will be appreciated. I just need to be bothered to fill out the paper work and fax it in...
Old May 19, 2009, 12:50 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
LH Senator until Feb -11? Oh yes please!
Old May 19, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
Let me get this straight: by signing up and taking one LH flight I'll earn two M&M eVouchers - which I can then use to upgrade from business to First on, say, SQ or ANA?

Sounds too good to be true.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-carriers.html
Old May 19, 2009, 6:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Where do you see, that one economoy roundtrip give you 2 E-vouchers?
Old May 19, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: AY LUMO
It's nice to see there is someone who cares Finnish elites also.
Our national carrier's Minus program forgot us elites about 5 years ago.

Never flown with LH, now it's time for check it out as Senator.
Old May 19, 2009, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Never flown with LH, now it's time for check it out as Senator.
Actually you will first check it out as no status passenger since the requirement is to fly a single roundtrip flight before being status matched. Of course you could also fly OS (or LX, OU etc. but those are a bit harder to access ex-HEL) and your original statement would still hold true
Old May 19, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE51-1/300.34.56; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

I am still looking for cheap LH or other eligible flights ex-HEL to fullfil the requirements. All ideas are welcome.
Old May 19, 2009, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Anselmi
I am still looking for cheap LH or other eligible flights ex-HEL to fullfil the requirements. All ideas are welcome.
Are those OS offers ex-HEL still available? There were quite a few destinations (AMS, CDG, OTP, ATH, IST, FCO, MXP, BUD etc.) available for 149 EUR all in. These fares are not exactly MR-material as there's a Sat night stay requirement and availability on Sundays seemed to be a little tight, but if you want to turn it into a nice extended summer weekend break you could swat two flies with one strike.

If that fails the best option are to search wide for el cheapo FRA or MUC r/t on LH. It might be too late to score any 99€ tickets, but it should be possible to find some availability for less than 200€. You just need to be very flexible with dates and be prepared to fly in the middle of the week. The multiple day search on the LH website shoudl be able to find you something.
Old May 19, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: AY Lumo.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE90-1/07.40.1.2; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Originally Posted by Richey66
Where do you see, that one economoy roundtrip give you 2 E-vouchers?
Senator status comes with 2 eVouchers.
Old May 20, 2009, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by hermanni
Let me get this straight: by signing up and taking one LH flight I'll earn two M&M eVouchers - which I can then use to upgrade from business to First on, say, SQ or ANA?

Sounds too good to be true.
Yes, it's true, but with reservations:

If you have two eVouchers, you can upgrade your seat on an intercontinental flight. eVouchers are non-transferable, but they can be redeemed for a travelling companion. Here's another benefit: eVouchers never expire!

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000266

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.