Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Luggage Transfer to AirAsia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:04 am
gms
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond

I am looking at an itinerary from HEL-BKK-SIN, flying Finnair on the first leg, connecting to AirAsia for the final leg. I would expect this to be on one PNR.

Does anyone have any experience as to whether Finnair and AirAsia allow automatic luggage transfers? I know that if the flights are on one PNR there is normally no issues, but I'm just concerned that as AirAsia is a low-cost airline and I know some of them do not allow luggage transfer (unfortunately the AirAsia website doesn't really help, many of the FAQ links don't seem to work!).

Any experience would be welcome!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:10 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Who will issue such a ticket on the same PNR? I'd be very surprised if it will work but good luck! AFAIK those two airlines do not co-operate and AY partners with CX on that route..
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:11 am

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
I don't think you can book that flight under 1 PNR. They even don't allow any connection service within their own airline. If someone need to connect from an AirAsia flight to another AirAsia flight, they must claim their luggage and check-in again for the next flight. So I don't think it will be different to other airline.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 7:00 am
gms
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Well, my rather useless corporate travel agent would certainly have a good go at issuing on one PNR, then fail to tell me they couldn't and leave me stuck in BKK!

Thanks for the replies. At least this gives me the answers I needed to get me onto a proper airline like CX.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Even if you can issue it as one ticket (which you can't), Air Asia has no interlining agreement with anyone. So even if AY will transfer the bag to AK, AK will not pick them up!

You need to book AK's flights only on their website.

www.airasia.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.