Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
Finnair announced increased frequency to STO, now flying "up to 15" daily (funny how they found a way to call a new 5 weekly for "up to daily").
Oh, LGG-running just became easier now
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by FFlash
Oh, LGG-running just became easier now
Yeah, But I cant find any extra ARN flight.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No. Three new flights to BMA, though. Starting JAN 2018.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:57 am

ATR is BIG no no! I hate those machines.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:11 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Finnair timetable does not show aircraft model anymore, but since some of these are op by TF, they might be Avro RJ-100.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:00 am

AY845
OPERATED BY BRAATHENS REGIONAL FOR FINNAIR
Total duration 01h 15min, no stopover, ATR 72 Aircraft type
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

I guess same goes for AY846?
So then Finnair har leased ATRs to TF?! Didn't know they had any ATR but apparently they have 12...
Attached Images  
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:11 am

9 active ATR72's operating for DC now.

Braathens Regional DC is old Golden Air. I remember Golden operating for AY with Saab 340 noise monsters in early 2000's.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Since when has AY1437 to TXL at 16:15 been operating? I can find it for this weekend and in a few weeks but not constantly. Finnair announced the fourth flight on from next spring... (AY1435 is still departing at 17:00.)
Attached Images  
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Samara departure has been moved beyond midnight. Is this a first? Will the lounges stay open longer? Although, at least today, there's only one added connection because of this: BA798/AY5908 from LHR at 23:20:
Attached Images  
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by UpperDeck87K
Samara departure has been moved beyond midnight. Is this a first? Will the lounges stay open longer? Although, at least today, there's only one added connection because of this: BA798/AY5908 from LHR at 23:20:
The lounge is open until 00 as always, that should be enough, right?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
NKG starting 13MAY18:

HEL-NKG AY 105 19:00-09:00(+1) 357
NKG-HEL AY106 10:50-15:25 146
NKG service now retimed:

HEL-NKG AY 105 18:05-08:05(+1) 257
NKG-HEL AY 106 09:55-14:30 136
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by UpperDeck87K
I don't know the LF for Samara, but it's a nice use of aircraft during the idle hours. Back in time for the morning departure wave (and giving all the Russian pax good connection)
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:15 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by intuition
A bit OT, but I figured it would fit best here.

AY has moved from T1 to T3A in CKG. This terminal (and the third RWY) is new and I can find very little factual information about it.
Finnair and oneworld.com still lists the lounge in T1 as contracted, but I reckon they must have a new lounge in T3. It will also be interesting how transfers to Taiwan and Hong Kong will be done (in T1 you could do a semi-airside transfer, where you'd have to pass through immigrations but did not have to go to departures hall).

Also will be insteresting how far T3 is from metro station. If anyone has experienced T3A, it would be good to hear from you, otherwise I will find out in about 2 months.
A quick post-back about arriving CKG T3

AY91 taxied to the very last gate of southeast leg (blue track). From there you walk back to the middle of the "X"-shaped buidling where quarantine and immigrations are. Airport was pretty deserted with AY as the only arrival I saw.
Immigrations had 1 foreigners and 3 chinese lanes open, but all served foreigners as there were so few chinese. Immediately before immigrations there was a "Visa on arrival" desk but it was unmanned. I assume it will handle 72h TWOV (but I didn't see any signs for it) if you can get their attention and someone to serve!

After immigrations (or possibly after customs, memory is a bit hazy now) there was a transfer bypass, but I don't know if it was open. I didn't see anyone using it and frankly I don't know what you'd be transferring to...

Then baggage hall with 7-8 belts (in mint condition!), customs that x-rayed all bags and then out. Pretty easy.

It seems terminal 3 isn't 100% finished. The -1 level where metro is supposed to be was sealed off. A lot of exit/entry doors are also closed. I didn't explore too much, when I couldn't find any rail based transfer I just went outside and took the shuttle bus to T2. Perhaps rail transit isn't yet working or I just didn't researched well enough. For me trusted old line 3 works just fine, so I went for that.

There is no walking path to T2. I assume you can if you really want, it will be roadside walking. But it will be much worse than the T2-T1 walking. And some 3-4 km!

Outside terminal it looks like just about any newer chinese airport. There are 4 buses to city and to the extreme left there is the terminal shuttle. Sign said shuttle would cost 5 yuan (daylight robbery!) but no one wanted my money and I could't see anyone else paying either.
Shuttle has a few stops along the way (path as green track shows, but it starts much further to east, GPS can't get fix as it is under roofs). Today for some reason it skipped T2A but T2B is where you wanna go anyway. Stop is right next to monorail 3 entrance. Rail ride is still 6 Yuan to the city.
Attached Images  

Last edited by intuition; Nov 25, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:48 pm
Moderator, Finnair

And here is a quick announcement about departing CKG T3.

This is a terminal on the huge scale - just waiting for passengers. HKG has nothing on T3 when it comes to space. Then you take a look at the departure board and there are 8-10 flights listed. For the day.

I need to correct an earlier statement. We were 11 J pax on the flight here. I got the same crew on the return so we talked numbers. We are 8 J pax on todays flight and 60-something Y.

A note on the CKG first class lounge. Don't go to the airport early on account of the lounge. Foodwise the T1 lounge was better, and that was abysmal. Beer is warm as they didn't bother to run the refrigerators as there are no guests.

Also, make sure you have you Weixin account in order (Tencent Wechat). Airport wifi requires it. Government accused me of being a robot and had cancelled my account so no wifi for me. There is a SMS code too, but it doesn't work.

Perhaps some pictures of the terminal will follow.
cistavoda likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.