Wiki Posts
Search

SH J and same day changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
SH J and same day changes

I have a 4 hour domestic-LHR connection on a business ”I” fare coming up. Changing onto an earlier flight currently would incur a €200 fare difference cost. At that price I’d rather enjoy the Platinum Wing and get the later flight.

I am wondering if there is any chance of flexibility asking at the airport on the day, if there happens to be room on an earlier flight. I have asked before on a value ticket, and that resulted in a fare difference + change fee. In your experience, are they any more flexible for business tickets? If so, where is my best bet to ask, gate/PW/transfer desk?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Basically no chance to get it for free.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Basically no chance to get it for free.
Unless the later flight is overbooked there is zero change AY will rebook without charging extra.
OTOH it will not cost anything to ask when you arrive, otherwise, enjoy the Platinum lounge.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you for your responses, I figured as such. Overbooking does not look likely, the earllier flight seems to be the full one.

I shall enjoy the PW, the hours will fly by I'm sure.
SPBanker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.