Strike February 1 and 2

Old Jan 19, 2024, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Strike February 1 and 2

A strike will affect air travel at most Finnish airports on Thursday February 1 and Friday 2: https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000010127730.html

What will Finnair do with affected passengers?
Is there any difference in how revenue and award passengers are affected in situations like these?
135pilot likes this.

Last edited by yoghurt; Jan 19, 2024 at 7:09 am
Old Jan 19, 2024, 7:21 am

Finnair has not yet made any changes to its traffic program for February 1.-2.,but offers customers the opportunity to change their flight to another Finnair flight so that the flight does not fall on strike days. Customers who have a booking between 31 January and 3 February can choose to travel earlier or postpone their travel so that the travel date is no later than March 15, 2024. If the customer’s ticket type allows changes, they can change travel dates via Manage Booking on Finnair’s website. If the customer’s ticket type does not allow changes, the change to the travel date can be made by contacting the travel agency that booked the ticket or Finnair Customer Care.
https://news.cision.com/finnair/r/fi...can-r,c3912510
135pilot, plain and yoghurt like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: AY: Platinum, Emirates: Gold
I don't know the answer, but in case it's helpful, I spoke with customer service and they said that -so far- flights for Feb 3 will proceed as scheduled. Anyone has any other information? I was on a waitlist for a flight on Feb 3 and there were enough seats, but now I stand no chance.
Clarity_ likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:59 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Feb 3 is zeroed out and not available for rebookings, according to Platsapp.

31 Jan seems to be zeroed out too.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by lkrt

yes, potentially to be able to use those flights for rebooking. Lets see if things change in the next days.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Uh outbound 31.1, inbound 2.2, I guess my week is doomed. It seems also pilots are striking, so it leaves maybe 10-20% capacity to operate? Nice friday gift for irrops-team.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:16 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
...., this has an effect on 3.2. to my flight, it probably needs to be brought up to at least 30.1.. All my flights zeroed right now. Can I also change the return or does this only apply to the part of the journey that is in between 31.1.-3.2.?
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:26 am

I didn't ask that, but the web chat customer service queue for platinum is very short right now. I spoke to them twice and waited max 6-7 mins compared to the whatsapp as I never got a response from the whatsapp
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:08 pm

Programs: AY
Our flight is 4th Feb.(50mins pass mid night of 3rd Feb) I wonder how likely it would be affected.....we got our upgrade cleared not long ago.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:56 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by cantongirl
Our flight is 4th Feb.(50mins pass mid night of 3rd Feb) I wonder how likely it would be affected.....we got our upgrade cleared not long ago.
inbound or outbound? Might be some knock on affects on flights but I dont see them cancelling many LHs after the fact
cantongirl likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt

Flights on 31st Jan and 3rd Feb can also be changed free of charge, so they may expect some disruption as they prepare for, and recover from, the strike action.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Inbound on the 2/Feb - luckily/hopefully there should be lots of non-AY options KL/LO/LH/AF/SK, but I think I'll wait a bit to see how this play out.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Out Jan 31st and back the next day. Oslo, so there are likely options on SK. I also think Ill wait and see. Hoping for original routing credit.

I havent gotten any information. Booked via Egencia, maybe thats why.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:35 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Inbound on the 2/Feb - luckily/hopefully there should be lots of non-AY options KL/LO/LH/AF/SK, but I think I'll wait a bit to see how this play out.
Lots of ground personnel will be on strike too, so lets see what the total effect is.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:26 am

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by kauppias
inbound or outbound? Might be some knock on affects on flights but I dont see them cancelling many LHs after the fact
HEL to HKG , so far it is still bookable on website. Hope for the best!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.