Strike February 1 and 2

Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Email? Typical? You mean the regular flight reminder? I have not received any proactive communication from AY and I'm ticketed on February 2.
The email contains further info via this link -

​​​​​​https://www.finnair.com/en/flight-information/travel-updates/impact-of-the-political-industrial-action-on-finnair-flights-3260450

No real details though.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 11:58 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
No, not a typical flight reminder, specific email about the disruption, in fact 2 identical ones, lol.
Yeah okay, I received one just an hour ago. But it is very misleading, stating "you can cancel your booking and apply for a refund" even though that is not actually possible for non-refundable fares, whilst no flights are yet officially cancelled.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 12:21 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Yeah okay, I received one just an hour ago. But it is very misleading, stating "you can cancel your booking and apply for a refund" even though that is not actually possible for non-refundable fares, whilst no flights are yet officially cancelled.
It is possible.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:13 am

Full refund

I got in contact with the chat and they said because my flight was on FEB 1st I could cancel and get a full refund so I did
manywhere likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Bulletin released: https://www.ais.fi/bulletins/envfra-fr.htm

TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS: DLY 2200-0500: ALL COMMERCIAL FLIGHTS AND DIVERSIONS WILL BE RESTRICTED TO 0 OPS PER HOUR. ONLY MIL/AUTHORITY FLIGHTS AND STS/HEAD, STS/SAR, STS/ATFMX, STS/FFR, STS/MEDEVAC ARE ACCEPTED. REF AIP, ENR 1.9 PARA 4. DLY 05000-2200: EST AP CAPACITY 10 OPS PER HOUR. OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO CONFIRM THE AVBL OF GROUND HANDLING SERVICES IN ADVANCE BEFORE THE FLIGHT. REF AIP SUP 011/2024FROM: 31JAN24 2200 TO: 02FEB24 2200 (A0199/24)
​​​​​​​FIRE FIGHTING AND RESCUE DOWNGRADED TO CAT 5FROM: 31JAN24 2200 TO: 02FEB24 2200 (A0205/24)
​​​​​​​
SAR CAT5 will limit aircraft to small size, for example A32X requires CAT6
Cloud Lounger likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 12:18 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
So, full shutdown of airport or just for anything AY operates...Norra would be ok? But SAS seem to fly with a320 to HEL so...goddamnit if this is valid.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 12:42 pm
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
So, full shutdown of airport or just for anything AY operates...Norra would be ok? But SAS seem to fly with a320 to HEL so...goddamnit if this is valid.
Seems like 10 ops per hour from 05-22?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
I would assume NoRRA crews belongs to the same labour union as Finnair crews, so I wouldn't expect any planes with Finnair livery flying during these strike days. The other airlines most likely may have to also cancel as majority of the ground services are also on strike.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:25 pm

So day time ops down to 10 flights an hour and only for stuff smaller than A320 size - pretty much a full closure then.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:38 pm
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
So day time ops down to 10 flights an hour and only for stuff smaller than A320 size - pretty much a full closure then.
I wonder what that will mean for long-haul outbounds on the 31st as they cannot turn around for a few days.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:45 pm

They probably need to run them and leave crew and aircraft down route for the extra days - that'll surely cost them less than cancelling and trying to deal with even more disrupted PX.
a_k likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 6:53 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
Damm, seems like HEL will be closed to all commercial flights from 31JAN 22.00 - 02JAN 22.00.
And I have a LH flight from Asia arriving HEL on 01.FEB

I wonder if it's an option for FIN to land aircraft at TLL rather than HEL, only 50km away
Old Jan 27, 2024, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by beachboy1966
Damm, seems like HEL will be closed to all commercial flights from 31JAN 22.00 - 02JAN 22.00.
And I have a LH flight from Asia arriving HEL on 01.FEB

I wonder if it's an option for FIN to land aircraft at TLL rather than HEL, only 50km away
If you need to travel I'd have a backup plan in mind, as they will reroute you normally to an airport within a certain distance of your original destination, they'll look at other One World carriers first. Perhaps they could put you on BA via LHR to TLL?

​​​
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, LH M&M SEN, airbaltic Executive, Radisson VIP
If you need to travel I'd have a backup plan in mind, as they will reroute you normally to an airport within a certain distance of your original destination, they'll look at other One World carriers first. Perhaps they could put you on BA via LHR to TLL?

​​​
BA do not operate TLL anymore.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:44 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)

​​​

BA doesn't fly to TLL. AY is the only OW carrier serving TLL at the moment.
If AY would redirect flights to TLL, which i kind of doubt they will, it would mean a 2 hour ferry ride to get to HEL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.