Strike February 1 and 2

Old Jan 20, 2024, 1:07 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1L these days :)
Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Posts: 8,275
Originally Posted by cantongirl
HEL to HKG , so far it is still bookable on website. Hope for the best!
I doubt there will be a issue for you then. At home base after the strike days
cantongirl likes this.
kauppias is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2024, 2:20 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 271
Sigh, chat customer service seems to be stuck for me right now. 6th in queue for 10 minutes.
Have a flight to FRA is on 2nd Feb and I used an upgrade voucher from last year, so probably that upgrade will be nontransferrable to new flight if I want change the flight date?
manywhere is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2024, 2:33 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1L these days :)
Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Posts: 8,275
Originally Posted by manywhere
Sigh, chat customer service seems to be stuck for me right now. 6th in queue for 10 minutes.
Have a flight to FRA is on 2nd Feb and I used an upgrade voucher from last year, so probably that upgrade will be nontransferrable to new flight if I want change the flight date?
they can add it to the new flight, I would even ask them to see if they can process/clear it right away. This is not a situation where the customer is trying to get something extra, both pax and ay are at a disadvantage here whatsapp is a good tool usually but they may be overwhelmed now too
manywhere likes this.
kauppias is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:20 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat
Posts: 3,630
What happens to the subsequent flights on a reservation if the first leg is cancelled? I don't suppose I could just show up for my return flight on the 4th if my outbound was cancelled?
Courmisch is offline  
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:51 am
  #20  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HEL
Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Posts: 14,195
Originally Posted by Courmisch
What happens to the subsequent flights on a reservation if the first leg is cancelled? I don't suppose I could just show up for my return flight on the 4th if my outbound was cancelled?
Not necessarily - call them. Once I had a HEL-TLL and a separate (turnaround) TLL-HEL-NRT, the HEL-TLL was cancelled so I called and I could just take the HEL-NRT.
pptskyy likes this.
WilcoRoger is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:08 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Platinum
Posts: 219
Just asked to rebook my 3.2. Flights but CS just said, I can move only1.-2.2. Flights, not 31.1. Or 3.2.??
Extra Mile is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:29 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Keskellä metsää
Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Posts: 964
Originally Posted by Extra Mile
Just asked to rebook my 3.2. Flights but CS just said, I can move only1.-2.2. Flights, not 31.1. Or 3.2.??
Im guessing Bulgarian CS? Just paste them from AY webpage where it clearly says 31st-3rd can be changed or wait until tomorrow for Finnish service.
Jorma is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:37 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Platinum
Posts: 219
I took a quick contact via chat and managed to transfer my flights. Is the protocol going to change on Monday?

PS. my original request was rejected on platinum whatsapp.
Extra Mile is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:42 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1L these days :)
Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Posts: 8,275
Originally Posted by Extra Mile
I took a quick contact via chat and managed to transfer my flights. Is the protocol going to change on Monday?

PS. my original request was rejected on platinum whatsapp.
as allways with ay YMMV the level of flexibility and willingness to bend is huge I have now had 4 agents tell me that it is IMPOSSIBLE to wait list for 2 flights on the same day, yet I have done it on 4 occasions previously as LUMO and I am still LUMO so not sure if they tightened the rules or if its just 4 agents now on the same misconception or were the previous agents more yoga inclined (ie flexible)

I DONT SEE any losing proposition for ay not to waitlist 2 flights but there must be a big no no there somewhere 😀😉
kauppias is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 5:33 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
Posts: 162
Damn! Will loose my non changeable hotel booking. Well, I took the risk… Sorry for the needless post, just had to vent somewere…
ffay005, SPBanker and diaz like this.
jann3 is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 5:55 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1L these days :)
Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Posts: 8,275
Originally Posted by jann3
Damn! Will loose my non changeable hotel booking. Well, I took the risk… Sorry for the needless post, just had to vent somewere…
depending on the hotei I would contact them and explain the situation in cases of strikes they may offer to give hotel credit or refund. Never hurts to try for sure

Also if you have insurance you can ask there
Cloud Lounger and jann3 like this.
kauppias is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 6:37 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
Posts: 162
Originally Posted by kauppias
depending on the hotei I would contact them and explain the situation in cases of strikes they may offer to give hotel credit or refund. Never hurts to try for sure

Also if you have insurance you can ask there
Well, I definitely check those, but I don't expect too much…
kauppias likes this.
jann3 is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 6:54 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by jann3
Well, I definitely check those, but I don't expect too much…
One time in the same situation I did not bother to cancel a non-refundable booking I made through hotels.com and just did not show up. After few weeks, the booking was refunded even without asking I have been able to change dates of non-refundable bookings multiple times by just asking directly from the hotel.
jann3 likes this.
Lauri_fly is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:47 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Programs: AY+
Posts: 206
I have an award booking on 2nd Feb. Called to plat CS and inquired about date change (anything between 29-31 Jan. Answer: "sry, no can do, no availability". What a bunch of BS this is again
Advised to wait for the cancellation email and if need be then call again. If i get rerouted on a later date, its going to be a less-pleasant situation, as I have another flight on a different airline and PNR on 6th Feb. Also there's the hassle with hotel bookings etc etc. Would AY have to comp those at least in part?

Any thoughts whether EC261 would be applicable in case of cancellation? External strikes (which are also present in this case) would be considered extraordinary circumstances whereas internal strikes (which are also present) IIRC would not...
Wondering how to proceed or should I just wait it out.
Olperoo is offline  
Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:06 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1L these days :)
Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Posts: 8,275
Originally Posted by Olperoo
I have an award booking on 2nd Feb. Called to plat CS and inquired about date change (anything between 29-31 Jan. Answer: "sry, no can do, no availability". What a bunch of BS this is again
Advised to wait for the cancellation email and if need be then call again. If i get rerouted on a later date, its going to be a less-pleasant situation, as I have another flight on a different airline and PNR on 6th Feb. Also there's the hassle with hotel bookings etc etc. Would AY have to comp those at least in part?

Any thoughts whether EC261 would be applicable in case of cancellation? External strikes (which are also present in this case) would be considered extraordinary circumstances whereas internal strikes (which are also present) IIRC would not...
Wondering how to proceed or should I just wait it out.

No comp for hotels but perhaps via travel insurance...

Its a intresting thing the internal vs internal strikes, AY WILL deny I am sure and claim extraordinary but I am sure its a long fight to get comp. Rather ridiculous they wont change due to no award space, I would call again and try with another agent...
kauppias is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.