Strawberry status match

Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:04 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
I had old account and received only one year of goldship. Spouse opened a new account and received two years of goldship. Unfair !
Old Oct 1, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I created an account and got two years of Gold. Not sure that I'll be using them though.
Clydez likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat
This has been useful for further match to BW Diamond Select.
r2d2, GUWonder, Jyrsa and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Matched and 2 years of Gold. For the sake of the free coffee in Helsinki hahah (Talking about being cheap!), it seems that the free coffee works for blue as well.
I almost never stayed in their hotels, i'm mostly Marriot + Hyatt.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Thanks for posting this. I cant find the valid until date for my Strawberry status so I dont know if this has extended it successfully. Any tips?
Old Oct 2, 2023, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by salut0
Thanks for posting this. I can’t find the “valid until” date for my Strawberry status so I don’t know if this has extended it successfully. Any tips?
Select the the English version of the site and do the following with your account number/email address and password used to log in. Then do as indicated in this post:

Originally Posted by GUWonder
After logging in on the English language version of the site, go to My Page. Then under the section that has something like “POINTS EARNED LIFETIME
xxxxxxx points
BLUE 0 GOLD 500 000 PLATINUM 1 000 000
Earned since joining” look below and seek out language that says something like this:

“You are a valued member and will retain GOLD until 2025-08-31.”
Originally Posted by Clydez
Matched and 2 years of Gold. For the sake of the free coffee in Helsinki hahah (Talking about being cheap!), it seems that the free coffee works for blue as well.
The coffee/tea thing works for even basic level members.

I’ve replaced a bunch of my Marriott/Starwood stays in Sweden and Denmark with Nordic Choice/Strawberry hotel stays over the years. Hyatt gets a fair amount from me in Stockholm and also some on the sides of the bridge connecting Denmark and Sweden, but Marriott has been a weaker value proposition for me in the region than it used to be due to the program just not providing me the best value for my expenditures given room pricing and how the upgrade practices have worked out for me.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 2, 2023 at 12:35 pm
Old Oct 2, 2023, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by Clydez
Thanks OP for this thread. I rarely stay in hotels in the Nordics but am, nevertheless, always thankful for new status matches.

Do they really serve free coffee at places like Kmp? Im not particularly cheap, but definitely cheap enough to hang out at Kmp without paying anything 😁
avermat and a_k like this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 12:41 am

Free coffee benefit works. Thought I would never use it, but now that I had extra 45min in Helsinki to spend, it was a perfect excuse to get a place to work.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
Free coffee benefit works. Thought I would never use it, but now that I had extra 45min in Helsinki to spend, it was a perfect excuse to get a place to work.
How? Is there a thermos bottle in the lobby or is it in the caf/restaurant of the hotel?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
How? Is there a thermos bottle in the lobby or is it in the caf/restaurant of the hotel?
It varies a lot by Nordic Choice/Strawberry hotel, and it can vary even by time of day or what’s going on at a specific hotel on a given day. Looking around the lobby or conference room areas or asking the restaurant staff, bar tender or front desk receptionist — if those employees are even different persons at times since some hotel employees are wearing multiple hats at the same time — is the best way to know for the place when showing up.

Radisson used to reserve for its elites a similar benefit, and that benefit definitely made for some interesting times in the hotel lobbies.

One of the interesting new features of the Strawberry hotel program is this “be my guest” rate thing where you can book a stay for visitors to get the member discount and then enjoy a complimentary breakfast with the visitors staying at the hotel. So some HEL residents may want to use this for visitors whom they aren’t generously hosting in their own palatial mansions finished with the latest Finnish wood finishings.
avermat, Clydez and cantongirl like this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 3, 2023 at 6:54 am
Old Oct 3, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, EBG, FB Blue, Asante Platinum, AB Exec
Completely failed to notice this status match in time. Wrote Strawberry 30 mins ago asking if it's still possible to participate and even implied I have a fairly good status at Scandic but it was a straight forward "no".
Old Oct 3, 2023, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Walked to the reception and asked for a free coffee for a status member. They said take a seat and brought me the coffee in 3min. Glo Hotel Art, Kamppi.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 1:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
Walked to the reception and asked for a free coffee for a status member. They said take a seat and brought me the coffee in 3min. Glo Hotel Art, Kamppi.
its a nice benefit and surely doesnt cost alot for the hotel, in the end its a great sdvertisement too IMO
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
In the thread on SAS and Star/SkyTeam GUWonder noted that:

Originally Posted by GUWonder
About a program not getting overwhelmed by status promotion players, I think we just saw how that can happen with the Finnair-Strawberry game that went on. They had to shut it down, and it doesnt take millions of applicants for it to get to be an unwelcome expense exposure.
What happened? Did they shut the status match program before the end of October 2nd?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by salut0
What happened? Did they shut the status match program before the end of October 2nd?
No. I applied with a hours to spare before the deadline. Late enough that I got the Gold welcome mail the following day, after the deadline.
r2d2 and GUWonder like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.