Strawberry status match

Old Sep 29, 2023, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jyrsa
I also ran into the same. Will offer an FT like to anyone who solves this problem.
Emailing Nordic Choice/Strawberry customer service with the Nordic Choice Club/Strawberry account number and the Hertz number is what has been done before to get the Hertz account upgrade.
Jyrsa likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I am a big fan of the Strawberry hotels value proposition for me, and its my main program for continental Scandinavian hotel stays.
What factors do you value most in Strawberry hotels?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jyrsa
What factors do you value most in Strawberry hotels?
The 6pm late checkout, the gym access even when not staying at the properties (for Platinum), their upgrading me, the same-day cancellation for free up to 9pm, and a few other things that provide me great value even on various award night stays. And their prices tend to be competitive — to say the least — in Sweden. Also, they tend to have one of the best footprints with properties across Norway and Sweden and provide me good value in Copenhagen too. Their game in HEL is not bad either.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Well I cannot find the track period anywhere on my account neither app nor website, where is it?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Interesting match. Thanks for sharing! Let's see if I end up using it at all. Being Helsinki based lack of hotels in Finland makes it rather uninteresting unless there are some good perks when not staying with them.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Well I cannot find the track period anywhere on my account neither app nor website, where is it?
Go to my page and then to the award points from sidebar.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 4:35 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by LaplandFlyer
nope, says only which points expire next, is it aupposed to be that then? Unclear if so, IMO
Old Sep 29, 2023, 5:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
nope, says only which points expire next, is it aupposed to be that then? Unclear if so, IMO
Above that there is "Points transactions". Then there is a dropdown menu showing membership periods.
FFlash likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LaplandFlyer
After logging in on the English language version of the site, go to My Page. Then under the section that has something like “POINTS EARNED LIFETIME
xxxxxxx points
BLUE 0 GOLD 500 000 PLATINUM 1 000 000
Earned since joining” look below and seek out language that says something like this:

“You are a valued member and will retain GOLD until 2025-08-31.”
SPBanker likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Interestingly the St George in Helsinki is both a Strawberry and a Marriott Bonvoy hotel.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 5:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Sadly, St George is usually excluded from all promotions.
GUWonder and SPBanker like this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 5:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If this promo brings more people here to use Strawberry in Finland it will be interesting to hear your experiences in regards to tier perks. IME the newly built Clarions are good at giving recognition. But the older hotels, who got "forced" into the program sometimes couldn't care less about strawberry members.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 6:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by intuition
If this promo brings more people here to use Strawberry in Finland it will be interesting to hear your experiences in regards to tier perks. IME the newly built Clarions are good at giving recognition. But the older hotels, who got "forced" into the program sometimes couldn't care less about strawberry members.
It’s bringing in lots of people from what I can tell of the responses I got from my social circles and questions I got.

The worst Nordic Choice/Strawberry properties with regard to recognizing NCC/Strawberry elite status have been the hotels that are relatively newly built properties such as the Comfort Hotel Malmo and have that kind of ownership type/history. The older properties that have had extensive renovations within the last 20 years — at least by my proxy measure of updated bathrooms in the rooms — have been very good toward myself and those affiliated with my program status acquisition games, although not as good as the newer build properties with the most expensive rates in the hotel group. FWIW, I’ve found upgrades at least as easy — or easier — to get with Nordic Choice/Strawberry properties as with Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt properties in the regions of relevance to NCC/Strawberry. And the upgrade practice has been better for me during the last several years than it was in the first 10-15 years of my being on FT and using these hotels.

The only thing I don’t like about this promo is how many new Golds will tend to be eating into my upgrade chances — especially if they start frequenting Sweden and Norway more.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 30, 2023 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Yeah, we were just seeing number of top tier members going down after pandemic extensions and promos.

Stordalen had big plans for Finland after the Kmp investment but that feels like a long time ago. At that time he said he wanted to have 25-30% market share in Helsinki, but I'm not sure he is positioned to compete with Sokos. Perhaps this match is meant to support that - after all there is one Finnair card on average in every Finnish household.

But I feel Kmp is being Kmp and doing Kmp stuff like they always did, and while I'm sure they are providing turnover and profit to the owner they are not the tool to increase market share.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:59 am
Suspended

Someone who knows him well was making a comparison between his romantic life history and how he approaches business. It is sort of entertaining in a way, but he’s been seriously playing a long game that he has been delivering on with footprint expansion. But in these markets saturated with supply most of the year and limited pricing power most of the year because of that, Finland is probably a bit like Denmark for him. But he already has more in Finland than in Denmark. The question is what more he will pick up in Finland, but he’s definitely into getting stuff out from the credit card game and Finland makes more sense than Denmark in that regard. And who better to target for credit cards in Finland than Finnair credit card holders with Finnair elite status?
intuition likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.