Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair flight delayed & rebooked on Singapore Airlines - points redemption question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair flight delayed & rebooked on Singapore Airlines - points redemption question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:22 am
Original Poster

I had a flight scheduled (and purchased) with Finnair with an itinerary of SIN-HEL-AMS on 23-Jan-23. The original flight of SIN-HEL was significantly delayed (initially 12 hours but subsequently increased to 24 hours) due to technical issues with the aircraft. Finnair rebooked me on a revised itinerary of SIN-FRA-AMS on 24-Jan-23 on a combination of Singapore Airlines and KLM.

This flight would have given me a bump in status on a OneWorld partner.

Am I entitled to claim frequent flyer points and status credits based on the original booking? This was a revenue flight and I paid Finnair for the ticket. Or does the fact that I was rebooked via Singapore Airlines and KLM prevent me from claiming these points now?

I've looked through the forums but could not find the answer to this question hence this post.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Last this this happened to me I was able to double-dip. So claim original points both from Finnair and the airline that ultimately flew me!

you have to manually claim tho
florens likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
AY will issue ORC, but as AY points only. Not on behalf of any other OW carrier.

On top of that, you have good chances to retroclaim miles to a Star Alliance and Sky Team programme, presumably in high booking classes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.