Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Qatar Privilege Gold
Oneworld FF Issue

Oneworld Status:
QR: Ruby
RAM:Sapphire

In May I flew with Finnair to Bangkok.

When I tried to check in before my first flight I had an issue with check in, and without too much of a wait got onto live chat with a real person at Finnair. Amadeus had an issue when trying to update my FF (from RAM to QR), I was assured by the Finnair rep that my QR FF would be the one to be credited with accruals.

Anyway, check both accounts (RAM credited, QR not).

Obviously I have to put the request in with QR to request this to be fixed, but does anyone have any words of wisdom! I wouldn't mind but the guy at Finnair promised me the right account would be credited after the Amadeus check in issues.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by coatesh89
Oneworld Status:
QR: Ruby
RAM:Sapphire

In May I flew with Finnair to Bangkok.

When I tried to check in before my first flight I had an issue with check in, and without too much of a wait got onto live chat with a real person at Finnair. Amadeus had an issue when trying to update my FF (from RAM to QR), I was assured by the Finnair rep that my QR FF would be the one to be credited with accruals.

Anyway, check both accounts (RAM credited, QR not).

Obviously I have to put the request in with QR to request this to be fixed, but does anyone have any words of wisdom! I wouldn't mind but the guy at Finnair promised me the right account would be credited after the Amadeus check in issues.

Its allways tricky when using benefits from one card while trying to credit elswhere. These mix ups happen and are not allways easy to fix with certain airlines to be honest. Never had this with qatar but I cant imagine they would be easy to deal with.

A frontline agent of Finnair would not be in a position to promise anything, but I would check with QR first if they would even be willing to credit it if you can get RAM to uncredit it, but Finnair cant do much now its up to RAM and QR...
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Qatar Privilege Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
Its allways tricky when using benefits from one card while trying to credit elswhere. These mix ups happen and are not allways easy to fix with certain airlines to be honest. Never had this with qatar but I cant imagine they would be easy to deal with.

A frontline agent of Finnair would not be in a position to promise anything, but I would check with QR first if they would even be willing to credit it if you can get RAM to uncredit it, but Finnair cant do much now its up to RAM and QR...
Thanks for the reply! Yes, although the problem was Finnair's Amadeus system wasn't allowing me to check in! It was an absolute nightmare and took Finnair about 45 minutes to rectify.

I'll try with RAM and QR.....
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by coatesh89
Thanks for the reply! Yes, although the problem was Finnair's Amadeus system wasn't allowing me to check in! It was an absolute nightmare and took Finnair about 45 minutes to rectify.

I'll try with RAM and QR.....
just make sure before you remove the points otherwise you may find yourself with NO credit at all
intuition likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I am pessimistic here. It is a nightmare trying to change what's already been given. You would need to first remove the points from RAM and then ask QR to add them. Unfortunately, my advice here would be to let it be. Too much trouble and an uncertain outcome.
kauppias, mrow, nancypants and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.