Wiki Posts
Search

Changed booking transiting Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by og
They might be award tickets but the airline still gets money for them from the FF program. Can even be more than the sector yield from something such as a 16 segment RTW. The ticket still carries obligations.
Agreed. And I no longer have any confidence that they'd live up to any of their obligations, hence my decision not to fly with them. I could fly with one of the LCCs and be more confident about how I'd be treated.

I've also contacted Qantas as my contract is technically with them. I'm sure I won't receive anything meaningful from them, but it allowed me to whinge. :-)

Thanks again for your and everyone's input. It's sad that they seem to be doing the same to everyone and that mine isn't just an isolated incident.
esledo likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:19 pm

Asked the plat whatsapp line what to do with my (business award) flights to tokyo and got a really snarky response: "Flights to haned have been cancelled, there's some flights to narita but award space is very limited."
..., Finnair, *you* cancelled the flights on me..
FFlash and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by elventhor
Asked the plat whatsapp line what to do with my (business award) flights to tokyo and got a really snarky response: "Flights to haned have been cancelled, there's some flights to narita but award space is very limited."
Just wow.
So they did not offer you any solution for a cancelled flight? (ie they basically told you to find availability in U yourself, and if none then that's your problem?)
Do they offer full refund or do they plan to keep the taxes for the cancelled flights?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Just wow.
So they did not offer you any solution for a cancelled flight? (ie they basically told you to find availability in U yourself, and if none then that's your problem?)
Do they offer full refund or do they plan to keep the taxes for the cancelled flights?

This is a really pathetic case, they should of course move you to NRT on ay metal by opening up U for yoU 😏🤷‍♂️

Its their metal its their problem jeesh!
Purjelentaja and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I had also a somewhat nastyish feedback for them at watsapp. They offered free refund, and some unuseful other dates for NRT.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
This is against EC261. If they cancel, you may choose new dates of your preference. Regardless of which booking classes they choose to open up. EC261 applies to award flights as well. Please try to escalate, and let us know how it went.

I haven't had similar problems in the past. When they've cancelled a flight where I've had an award ticket, I've simply given them new dates and that has been accommodated. Maybe I was lucky? Or maybe this has to do with the fact that they're reportedly only accepting 50 pax on those NRT flights so they want to fill those 50 seats with expensive tickets. I can understand their wish, but while I understand it, I don't accept it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.