Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Helsinki Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Helsinki Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Except the ramen, the food is very nicely presented. It already makes the taste and lounge experience better on its own.
FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
The food is indeed very tasty, I am on thirds already food wise drinks we wont discuss

This arrival lounge concept is making my flights much much more enjoyable 😀👍
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by elventhor
Haha, well, confirmed, they already enhanced it away
Or then the junior staff member has been told to try to downsell for Karhu

Anyhow, a very well welcome addition to HEL, hope they make their money to stay. Idioottoflyers trying the opposite
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Promo till 31MAR22: entry + 1h sauna 36€. After that 40€. I was disappointed to learn that the sauna undergoes a 2–hour cleaning just when the afternoon wave arrives at HEL (16-18 pm). Great planning again for an “arrival” lounge no doubt from some cv self-upgrader
who has so much relevant experience that they were gaining experience for this role before they were born.
I visited today and used the sauna at 1600. Perhaps they only close for the 2 hours cleaning when it’s been busy. There was only 2 or 3 others there when I was there.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by Mgo6
I visited today and used the sauna at 1600. Perhaps they only close for the 2 hours cleaning when it’s been busy. There was only 2 or 3 others there when I was there.
So how was the sauna? Enuf löyly? Good facilities?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Edit. Double
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by kanamurva
So how was the sauna? Enuf löyly? Good facilities?
Fellow comrade above reported the heat is sufficient. We should invite mr putain for a löyly contest and beat the fire
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I popped by after an afternoon flight yesterday. I received a very warm welcome after my Amex Plat and BP were checked. I was told that Karhu, red, white and sparkling wines were complimentary. I had the chicken wrap (pictured) which was delivered quickly and presented nicely. All in all a very positive experience and I like how fresh the lounge seemed.

The only question I had for myself was who this really is for. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't hang around at HEL after a flight - but perhaps the temptation for a glass of wine and a nibble is enough to change my mind.

intuition, esledo, FFlash and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by GaryK84
I popped by after an afternoon flight yesterday. I received a very warm welcome after my Amex Plat and BP were checked. I was told that Karhu, red, white and sparkling wines were complimentary. I had the chicken wrap (pictured) which was delivered quickly and presented nicely. All in all a very positive experience and I like how fresh the lounge seemed.

The only question I had for myself was who this really is for. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't hang around at HEL after a flight - but perhaps the temptation for a glass of wine and a nibble is enough to change my mind.

U know, at P Plaza they have ”listened to AY customers” and found out there is enough demand to set up an arrival lounge to serve for the craving LCC flyers😁
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by GaryK84
Take a a shower before heading to a meeting or a quick cup of coffee? If you're a departing pax and you have a non-traveling companion (or not traveling yourself), the PP lounge seems like a nice place to pass time.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
U know, at P Plaza they have ”listened to AY customers” and found out there is enough demand to set up an arrival lounge to serve for the craving LCC flyers😁
Pretty weird lounge, isn't it - they serve meat and it's always Gin o'clock there.
ffay005, FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by on22cz
Pretty weird lounge, isn't it - they serve meat and it's always Gin o'clock there.
Again, they have listened to clients who can erase the yellows and beGin with red meat there
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:45 am

I think it's a pretty easy spot to have a drink and a snack when realizing that you have no chance to make it to your VR and have an hour or two to kill. Sure beats Tikkurila railway station.
Also, last time I was flying FROM Helsinki I definitely preferred to have a bite there as the food is about 100x better compared to the AY lounge and you can actually fit in there around 16.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:48 am

You can also have a drink without entering the lounge. The bar is open. This might be a short-term possibility though.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by elventhor
I think it's a pretty easy spot to have a drink and a snack when realizing that you have no chance to make it to your VR and have an hour or two to kill. Sure beats Tikkurila railway station.
Also, last time I was flying FROM Helsinki I definitely preferred to have a bite there as the food is about 100x better compared to the AY lounge and you can actually fit in there around 16.

Its definately my go to spot after a flight now 😀😀

No need to cancel AX anymore 😀
ffay005 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.