Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Helsinki Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Helsinki Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Someone should try inviting Erica to get her +3 hours.
Old May 11, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Didnt find the thread for the non-schengen plaza but they have also changed the menu.

r2d2 likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum
I visited the arrivals lounge for the first time, using Amex, still no BP required. I don't know if this has been a usual schedule there, but when I was entering at around 19:45 the guy at the reception/bar told me that the kitchen would be closing in 45 minutes. That was enough time to try out a couple of dishes however. The chicken ramen was probably my favorite, very tasty, the blueberry pie was nice as well, while the lasagne and chicken avokado wrap were decent if a bit dry.

When I asked about complimentary drinks, he replied that since I entered with Amex, I could choose between Karhu, two red and two white wines and prosecco. Enjoyed a few of those as well and all in all it was a nice experience with friendly and attentive service.
vulle and jimmathin like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Visited end of April on AmexPlat. BP pass was asked. Spent about 5 hours there - no one bothered to kick me out. It was mostly empty...

There is an asian guy that works both PP lounges. He has great customer service skills!
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Menu is still the same in middle of June even though it was supposedly changing , personally I dont mind as I like the food but I suppose variety could go a long way.

Kitchen closes now at 2030 even though the lounge is open till 2300.

Today they were cleaning both beer taps when I visited during the day and they had NO alternative beers at that time, kind of sucked, perhaps some cans or bottles for auch situations would be better then nothing...

Beer still semi coolish only 🤷‍♂️

During the day it was busier with only one staff it meant waiting often.

Now in the evening its quiet and onlan5 people here with 3 being finnair staff 😀 and the other with me 😁
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
FYI

Good news for us frequent users the new menu should come on next monday
FFlash, on22cz, strx and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:31 am

New menu tasting was not a success today, the new menu lauch pushed back till tomorrow so lasagne it is again tasty as allways
vulle likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
New menu tasting was not a success today, the new menu lauch pushed back till tomorrow so lasagne it is again tasty as allways
Will be there on Wednesday again, let's see what I'll be getting
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by vulle
Will be there on Wednesday again, let's see what I'll be getting
I may be there wed eveningish too... friday is my all day tournee of PP arrivals, AY schengen, Aspire & wine and view 🥰🥰
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
I will be having a roughly 4 hours layover in HEL on my way to Bangkok. Since the plaza lounge was great the last time I used it, I wanted to use it again. There's probably no problem as long as I have enough time for security left right?
Also special question: I will be buying cigarettes for my father in bangkok airport, I was wondering if there is a problem if I leave the airside with them and then return for my schengen flight? Is it ok to take them with me through security again?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Compliment
I will be having a roughly 4 hours layover in HEL on my way to Bangkok. Since the plaza lounge was great the last time I used it, I wanted to use it again. There's probably no problem as long as I have enough time for security left right?
Also special question: I will be buying cigarettes for my father in bangkok airport, I was wondering if there is a problem if I leave the airside with them and then return for my schengen flight? Is it ok to take them with me through security again?
no problem with either assuming your bringingin under the customs limit 😃
Compliment likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by kauppias
no problem with either assuming your bringingin under the customs limit 😃
I don't think the security theatre minds about customs limits (customs will, of course).
Compliment likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
I don't think the security theatre minds about customs limits (customs will, of course).
and they will be coming through customs to get to the arrivals lounge hence my comment 😃
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:26 am

So the new menu is up. Today I tested the entire menu with the exception of the tofu, for spiritual reasons I had to pass 😏🤪

Chixken teryaki was very tasty

Meatballs and potatoes. Odd choice of potatoe wedges not mashed potatoes which is more traditional. The sauce was a terrible match for this, more like a salsa go figure. Meatballs were a little dry, but still good quality.

Bao bun BBQ chicken. This was way too dry, nearly NO sauce inside. If they add more sauce it will be great.

The spaghetti carbonary was very tasty and seemed to be high quality ingridients.

Mushroom and rice noodle soup was suprisingly good.

Chocolate mousse was good, a but too rich for me but sure to be a hit. Strawberry stems were left on which was a pity but not a deal breaker

Happy face in my beer was a good omen Kauppias Jr said 😃
cistavoda, on22cz, avermat and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Thanks for the report! It looks like a great change - it's just unfortunate that all the people in AY clothes visiting there are apparently from wrong departments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.