Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Points purchased from Finnair Store still hasn't posted HELP

Points purchased from Finnair Store still hasn't posted HELP

Old Dec 27, 21, 3:57 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by mikeecix View Post
Not sure if the issue is with new accounts as I signed-up and immediately bought points - was that the same for you Sonny84 ?
Yes my account is new. I created yesterday

Last edited by Sonny84; Dec 27, 21 at 5:06 pm
Sonny84 is offline  
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:54 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Well the points literally just posted to my account....the 400k and 100k tier points!

Last edited by mikeecix; Dec 27, 21 at 5:42 pm
mikeecix is offline  
Old Dec 27, 21, 9:02 pm
  #18  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 7
Still have not received my points/tier. I have a friend who literally bought hers just last night and got it after 3 minutes.

Chasing everyday because I'm worried they might not honor the transaction, sent them the automated email they sent acknowledging payment. Also managed to get thru their support line, who was unhelpful, and told me to wait until January 3 when Points.com would be available to respond with my concern.

Pretty hopeless at this point and not expecting it anymore.
Geoffmbs is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 2:32 am
  #19  
TTL
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/IHG/VISA Plat, Melia/Bonvoy/Radisson Gold, PP Prest, BT Vip
Posts: 2,065
They will appear, rest assured - as long as Your credit card has not been declined. That happened to my MC but not to my VISA.
TTL is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 3:44 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 77
Originally Posted by TTL View Post
They will appear, rest assured - as long as Your credit card has not been declined. That happened to my MC but not to my VISA.
Interesting info pal. I paid with MC... So it makes sense.
Sonny84 is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 4:06 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 2,357
I had an old account an used a MC. Posted in seconds. Trust me, this issue will get sorted. Its a legit company that is flying hundreds of flights a day.
Helsinki Flyer is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 4:12 am
  #22  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Posts: 12,838
I think the "confirmation from Finnair" that people are referring to above is actually from points.com (sender has domain points-mail.com and the mail contains every detail of the purchase and ends with a OW logo and a copyright Finnair 2013 (!)

Of course they will honour it. Just because a shady blogger gave you the tip, it doesn't mean it is a dirty trick to get the points and status.
intuition is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 7:36 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Posts: 168
I seem to be having exactly the same issue. No points posted after purchase, only got the receipt from the middle-man (points.com).

Apparently no use to call AY, so will just wait it out. If I dont see the points in a week or so I guess it will be chargeback time.
DrSickle is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 9:02 am
  #24  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by DrSickle View Post
I seem to be having exactly the same issue. No points posted after purchase, only got the receipt from the middle-man (points.com).

Apparently no use to call AY, so will just wait it out. If I dont see the points in a week or so I guess it will be chargeback time.

When did you purchase?
Geoffmbs is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 9:29 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: EFHK
Programs: AY+ Plat / LH Sen / AA CK
Posts: 32
Contacted AY and got an email response hinting that there might be a problem with my AmEx not accepting the charge. This is total bull#### as I can see the charge on my statement, and I already got a receipt from Points.com.

After the email, I called them, and a friendly customer service attendant told me that an insane amount of folks has been buying points and in most cases, the system has worked flawlessly, but for a few customers, the points haven't been credited as they should -- something to do with manual review or IT problems.

Go figure.
ffay005 likes this.

Last edited by jessejarvi; Dec 28, 21 at 9:35 am
jessejarvi is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 9:43 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Posts: 168
Originally Posted by Geoffmbs View Post
When did you purchase?
Yesterday evening around 10 PM, well before the midnight cutoff.

The charge appeared on my CC immediately, so should not be a CC issue.
DrSickle is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 10:09 am
  #27  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by jessejarvi View Post
Contacted AY and got an email response hinting that there might be a problem with my AmEx not accepting the charge. This is total bull#### as I can see the charge on my statement, and I already got a receipt from Points.com.

After the email, I called them, and a friendly customer service attendant told me that an insane amount of folks has been buying points and in most cases, the system has worked flawlessly, but for a few customers, the points haven't been credited as they should -- something to do with manual review or IT problems.

Go figure.

Same case. It was charged to my card and already received a receipt from them.

What was the resolution offered?
Geoffmbs is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 10:19 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 72
It took 5 days for my points to post. I spoke with customer service and they wrote to the backoffice team to highlight that the points had not credited. I provided the transaction number from points.com for the rep to quote. The rep said there was nobody to deal with the request 25-26th Dec and someone would pick it up on 27th....which they did as the points updated very late yesterday. Suggest asking customer service to raise the issue with the back office team and hopefully the points will post more quickly.
mikeecix is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 10:24 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: EFHK
Programs: AY+ Plat / LH Sen / AA CK
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by Geoffmbs View Post
Same case. It was charged to my card and already received a receipt from them.

What was the resolution offered?
She told me that she would check up on my account tomorrow morning, and if the points haven't been credited by then, she will escalate the issue further.
jessejarvi is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 11:30 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Programs: AA Exec Plat
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by mikeecix View Post
It took 5 days for my points to post. I spoke with customer service and they wrote to the backoffice team to highlight that the points had not credited. I provided the transaction number from points.com for the rep to quote. The rep said there was nobody to deal with the request 25-26th Dec and someone would pick it up on 27th....which they did as the points updated very late yesterday. Suggest asking customer service to raise the issue with the back office team and hopefully the points will post more quickly.
which customer service # did you call? The regular line, or the finnair plus line?
peezondeez is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread