Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Points purchased from Finnair Store still hasn't posted HELP

Points purchased from Finnair Store still hasn't posted HELP

Old Dec 27, 21, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by mikeecix View Post
Not sure if the issue is with new accounts as I signed-up and immediately bought points - was that the same for you Sonny84 ?
Yes my account is new. I created yesterday

Last edited by Sonny84; Dec 27, 21 at 5:06 pm
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:54 pm

Well the points literally just posted to my account....the 400k and 100k tier points!

Last edited by mikeecix; Dec 27, 21 at 5:42 pm
Old Dec 27, 21, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Still have not received my points/tier. I have a friend who literally bought hers just last night and got it after 3 minutes.

Chasing everyday because I'm worried they might not honor the transaction, sent them the automated email they sent acknowledging payment. Also managed to get thru their support line, who was unhelpful, and told me to wait until January 3 when Points.com would be available to respond with my concern.

Pretty hopeless at this point and not expecting it anymore.
Old Dec 28, 21, 2:32 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/IHG/VISA Plat, Melia/Bonvoy/Radisson Gold, PP Prest, BT Vip
They will appear, rest assured - as long as Your credit card has not been declined. That happened to my MC but not to my VISA.
Old Dec 28, 21, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by TTL View Post
They will appear, rest assured - as long as Your credit card has not been declined. That happened to my MC but not to my VISA.
Interesting info pal. I paid with MC... So it makes sense.
Old Dec 28, 21, 4:06 am

I had an old account an used a MC. Posted in seconds. Trust me, this issue will get sorted. Its a legit company that is flying hundreds of flights a day.
Old Dec 28, 21, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I think the "confirmation from Finnair" that people are referring to above is actually from points.com (sender has domain points-mail.com and the mail contains every detail of the purchase and ends with a OW logo and a copyright Finnair 2013 (!)

Of course they will honour it. Just because a shady blogger gave you the tip, it doesn't mean it is a dirty trick to get the points and status.
Old Dec 28, 21, 7:36 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
I seem to be having exactly the same issue. No points posted after purchase, only got the receipt from the middle-man (points.com).

Apparently no use to call AY, so will just wait it out. If I dont see the points in a week or so I guess it will be chargeback time.
Old Dec 28, 21, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrSickle View Post
I seem to be having exactly the same issue. No points posted after purchase, only got the receipt from the middle-man (points.com).

Apparently no use to call AY, so will just wait it out. If I dont see the points in a week or so I guess it will be chargeback time.

When did you purchase?
Old Dec 28, 21, 9:29 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / LH Sen / AA CK
Contacted AY and got an email response hinting that there might be a problem with my AmEx not accepting the charge. This is total bull#### as I can see the charge on my statement, and I already got a receipt from Points.com.

After the email, I called them, and a friendly customer service attendant told me that an insane amount of folks has been buying points and in most cases, the system has worked flawlessly, but for a few customers, the points haven't been credited as they should -- something to do with manual review or IT problems.

Go figure.
ffay005 likes this.

Last edited by jessejarvi; Dec 28, 21 at 9:35 am
Old Dec 28, 21, 9:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Originally Posted by Geoffmbs View Post
When did you purchase?
Yesterday evening around 10 PM, well before the midnight cutoff.

The charge appeared on my CC immediately, so should not be a CC issue.
Old Dec 28, 21, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jessejarvi View Post
Contacted AY and got an email response hinting that there might be a problem with my AmEx not accepting the charge. This is total bull#### as I can see the charge on my statement, and I already got a receipt from Points.com.

After the email, I called them, and a friendly customer service attendant told me that an insane amount of folks has been buying points and in most cases, the system has worked flawlessly, but for a few customers, the points haven't been credited as they should -- something to do with manual review or IT problems.

Go figure.

Same case. It was charged to my card and already received a receipt from them.

What was the resolution offered?
Old Dec 28, 21, 10:19 am

It took 5 days for my points to post. I spoke with customer service and they wrote to the backoffice team to highlight that the points had not credited. I provided the transaction number from points.com for the rep to quote. The rep said there was nobody to deal with the request 25-26th Dec and someone would pick it up on 27th....which they did as the points updated very late yesterday. Suggest asking customer service to raise the issue with the back office team and hopefully the points will post more quickly.
Old Dec 28, 21, 10:24 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / LH Sen / AA CK
Originally Posted by Geoffmbs View Post
Same case. It was charged to my card and already received a receipt from them.

What was the resolution offered?
She told me that she would check up on my account tomorrow morning, and if the points haven't been credited by then, she will escalate the issue further.
Old Dec 28, 21, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by mikeecix View Post
It took 5 days for my points to post. I spoke with customer service and they wrote to the backoffice team to highlight that the points had not credited. I provided the transaction number from points.com for the rep to quote. The rep said there was nobody to deal with the request 25-26th Dec and someone would pick it up on 27th....which they did as the points updated very late yesterday. Suggest asking customer service to raise the issue with the back office team and hopefully the points will post more quickly.
which customer service # did you call? The regular line, or the finnair plus line?

Search this Thread