Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
New cabin on:
333 LTM LTO LTP LTR LTS LTT LTU (C28W21Y230)

359:
LWB (C43W24Y211)
LWC (C43W24Y211)
LWD (C43W24Y211)
LWE (C43W24Y211)
LWF (C43W24Y211)
LWG (C43W24Y211)
LWH (C43W24Y211)
LWI (C30W26Y265)
LWK (C30W26Y265)
LWL (C30W26Y265)
LWM (C43W24Y211)
LWN (C30W26Y265)
LWO (C30W26Y265)
LWP (C30W26Y265)
LWR (C30W26Y265)
LWS (C30W26Y265)

Routes with "guaranteed" new cabin W23–24 (29OCT23 onwards):
BKK (AY141/142), DFW (AY19/20), DEL (AY121/122), DOH (AY1981/1982, AY1983/1984, AY1985/1986), HKG (AY99/100), JFK (AY15/AY16), SIN (AY131/132), HND (AY61/62)

Print Wikipost

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
They had an equipment swap with the brand new J seat ORD-HEL, and I was impressed. There was plenty of space in the footwell and I’m 5”11. The only thing I don’t like is the inability to recline the chair whereas you can only lift the foot rest up and scoot forward.

But I got a solid seven hours of sleep, the bedding is great and the pillows are really good. I love finnair and really like these seats so id go out of my way to get on an A330 instead of a A350, in hopes you get the new seat. Are they rolling that seat onto the 350? Even the older seat on the A330 looks acceptable. Here are a few pictures:

PS, sorry the other is a video so this is the only pic I have.
Carfield, r2d2, nordic and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
They had an equipment swap with the brand new J seat ORD-HEL, and I was impressed. There was plenty of space in the footwell and I’m 5”11. The only thing I don’t like is the inability to recline the chair whereas you can only lift the foot rest up and scoot forward.

But I got a solid seven hours of sleep, the bedding is great and the pillows are really good. I love finnair and really like these seats so id go out of my way to get on an A330 instead of a A350, in hopes you get the new seat. Are they rolling that seat onto the 350? Even the older seat on the A330 looks acceptable. Here are a few pictures:

The A350 will get the seat too, yes.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

My next flight to ORD is showing a350 with these new fartcage J seats, hopefully I can be as pleased with these seats, I am dreading it so maybe I just need to have a few extra drinks before

Maybe a day flight ia not the best first test
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Can one sleep such that the head goes into the footwell like in a capsule hotel?
That worked well on the window seat and not so well in the middle: shoulders don't fit. Also couldn't find a way to turn off the footwell light but salads might have affected that.

Old Mar 4, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by strx
That worked well on the window seat and not so well in the middle: shoulders don't fit. Also couldn't find a way to turn off the footwell light but salads might have affected that.
Hahaha. Salads might have affected my original question too... I can't wait to try the new seats myself. If I'm lucky it'll be on upcoming ORD and JFK flights, but I've postponed upgrade till checkin or gate as only at that point will they know for sure if it's the new cabin, and also I don't want to overpay for the old product that I might not necessarily need or like on these flights especially with enhanced catering.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Looks like Platinums will have to pay 119€ for a PE seat with no extea service on longhauls

those who have tested it is it worth it over a free comfort seat on a 9hr flight?
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
Looks like Platinums will have to pay 119€ for a PE seat with no extea service on longhauls

those who have tested it is it worth it over a free comfort seat on a 9hr flight?
And it’s €55 for the 3h HEL-LHR flight…. I’ve stuck with economy comfort for tomorrow’s flight.
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by offshore_bob
And it’s €55 for the 3h HEL-LHR flight…. I’ve stuck with economy comfort for tomorrow’s flight.
Im debating, mainly for testing purposes, but I am ennpyed at ay even more so for offering very little to plats and then not even here a small tier discount. Part of me does not want to give ANY extra revenue to ay 😀🤣🤣🤣
joorinainen likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kauppias

What is AY management smoking? Ridiculous.
Purjelentaja and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, EBG, FB Blue, Asante Platinum, AB Exec
Has it already been announced how upgrade vouchers will work in the future? W or J upgrades? Also if one has a confirmed J upgrade but plane will change to new cabin layout, is there a chance to be bumped to W?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

No announcement yet, but I think they said early April.
Theoretically, downgrades are always possible, but you'll get compensation according to EU261 rules.
Finaviator likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by florens
What is AY management smoking? Ridiculous.
I don’t really think it’s ridiculous. Any other airline, BA, VS, DL charge extra for Premium Economy - why would AY give it for free to customers - regardless of status?
esledo and mpkz like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by celsdon
I don’t really think it’s ridiculous. Any other airline, BA, VS, DL charge extra for Premium Economy - why would AY give it for free to customers - regardless of status?
its not premium economy right know its just a extra space seat.

For example AA sold therirs as MCE seats until they rolled out the entire service, so elites received it at a discount or for free at check in
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I’d say EUR 119 would be in line for what I would pay for premium economy on long-haul.

The ”real pricing” of W seems to be almost double on the SIN route (Y ~550 EUR and W ~1055 EUR). The ”extra service” there is that you can have additional drinks. Does PE have any other benefits?

On no airline I’m aware of, the seats in real Premium Economy would be free to any elites either.
NoWindowSeat and FFlash like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by lkrt
Does PE have any other benefits?
When it’s rolled out for real, W will have better food than Y. However, with the catering levels that J have today, I doubt whether that W food is worth a penny more than your average Y tray.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.