Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL T2 opens

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by ffay005
It was just closed two hours earlier than usual yesterday evening. Up and running again today. I don't know why the media made such a huge fuss about it.
Oh, I see YLE has now edited their article about it too. So everything is still going as planned, T1 is to be closed at 21st of June.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
HEL is doing it's best at making people reconsider traveling. Last Sunday Saturday at 10pm sharp it took over 25 minutes to pass through security. Priority gates closed. During quiet hours why not just make the gates feed in front of the line like in many other airports?

25 min queue to security and priority security closed.
r2d2 and FFlash like this.

Last edited by avermat; Jun 8, 2022 at 7:53 am Reason: Don't know my week days anymore...
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by avermat
HEL is doing it's best at making people reconsider traveling. Last Sunday at 10pm sharp it took over 25 minutes to pass through security. Priority gates closed. During quiet hours why not just make the gates feed in front of the line like in many other airports?

25 min queue to security and priority security closed.
Bad.
reason is behind my fav topic: poor execution/arrangement, so typical everywhere in Finland
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
I don't know why the media made such a huge fuss about it.
Because you could read Finavia's tweet so that the closure would be permanent. They tweeted yesterday in Finnish that the security in T1 will be closed "6.6. klo 18 alkaen". It didn't say the closure was about to last only that evening, even though it was obviously the intent. The tweet was published at 5 PM so obviously someone had written it in a hurry and didn't have the time to think about a good wording.

Today Finavia announced that for the remaining two weeks of T1 the security there will close at 5:30 PM, so passengers for evening flights will have to use the security in T2.
ffay005 likes this.

Last edited by r2d2; Jun 7, 2022 at 9:55 am Reason: Added info about the evening closure for the next two weeks
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Originally Posted by FFlash
Bad.
reason is behind my fav topic: poor execution/arrangement, so typical everywhere in Finland
Although they do say priority security is only open until 8PM.... :
"Priority Security at Helsinki Airport is open daily 4:30 a.m.–8 p.m."
esledo and mpkz like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), KQ Plat (*S Elite Plus), Amex Platinum, Priority Pass
Any experiences of how AY priority check-in and HEL priority security in the new terminal worked yesterday, when HEL allegedly set a new all time high in passengers per hour? Would be an interesting data point as per maximum waiting times to expect during rush hours.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by BlueCross
Any experiences of how AY priority check-in and HEL priority security in the new terminal worked yesterday
Second hand knowledge from my brother, yesterday at morning peak hour: Less than 30 minutes from P2 to shengen lounge with checked luggage.
ffay005 and BlueCross like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
“Super busy” HEL today:
15:38 arrival at T2
15:43 through priority security
15:46 enter lounge
r2d2, cistavoda and mpkz like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Today the queue for non prio was bearable at 14:45 and zigzagged by the left entrance half an hour later.

edited to add: at least JL and AFKL check-in desks (normal, priority) are left of the normal security queue which is roped off pretty far in the back. I don’t understand how prio pax are supposed to go to prio queue from there.
esledo likes this.

Last edited by remymartin; Jun 12, 2022 at 7:51 am
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: AY+ plat / SK EBG
Today (Monday June 13th) no noticeable congestions in the morning. From P2 parking to lounge the usual 12 minutes with a stop at check-in to pick up the paper BP.

However, Schengen lounge was a disgrace: overcrowded, food spilt all over the floor and tables, dirty dishes everywhere, no clean cups for coffee... Had to ask the personnel if they had some sort of staff shortage, but surprisingly she said no.
intuition and FFlash like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Last Sunday morning (perhaps at around 6.30 am) when catching the first LHR flight of the day the priority security queue took about 10-15 minutes to clear. Lots of families travelling. The regular queue wasn't as long as I'd seen in newspaper photos but still significant...
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Priority line
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I skipped today the lines at HEL and enjoyed an almost deserted security point at my local airport.

It looks like this was a good choice.
r2d2 and TTL like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Priority line
Does any other FFP give priority access to silver members?
SuloL likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:00 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Jorma
Does any other FFP give priority access to silver members?
What could they possibly give anymore…Discount for seat reservations and luggage, maybe?

Silver has really become nothing…some of us still remember the days when they had ”Silver Wings” lounge at HEL..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.