Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL T2 opens

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Yes, worked nicely yesterday - it’s behind the new premium check-in desks.
r2d2 and FFlash like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Likewise works fine, quite easy to miss but when the old T2 hall is closed I assume there is only one way. At 7.00 quite fast security, only downside is bit of a walk to lounge. So, Overall travel time to cup of coffee is same as in old priosec but with the new machines, one could assume this will handle the loads better.

Covid passport check was still ongoing, good thing we can spend 500k/month as it is clear there is no covid in Finland and checking the passport will stop virus to spread.
Kelju, cistavoda and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
only downside is bit of a walk to lounge.
To the Non-Schengen side the walk is now shorter. Today I entered the AY Non-Schengen lounge 15 minutes after my train had arrived.
ffay005, SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
It's all zoo now:

Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What? Are all these people queueing for security? So much for shorter waiting times due to enhanced procedures.

How long was the wait in the priority queue?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Luckily my issues this morning were on arrivals floor but I noticed something crazy going on on departures level while people were lining up stairs.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
What? Are all these people queueing for security? So much for shorter waiting times due to enhanced procedures.

How long was the wait in the priority queue?

Maybe they forgot to train the staff on the new machines
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
The new priority security worked well and very quickly just now. The gigantic queues posted earlier had dissipated and there was no one in front of me at priority security. As others have indicated, the signposting is a bit poor: you have to go behind the check-in desks and then veer right. There were no automated entrance gates but rather a person with a handheld machine checking boarding passes. I was very glad that SK had resumed paying for fast track at HEL...

The new technology worked very well in that all I needed to do was put my blazer and overcoat in and my briefcase on top of that. Belts and watches on and laptop and liquids stayed in the bag. It brought back memories of airport security in the early 2000s!

Others have mentioned the distance to the lounge. Since I'm on SK this morning, it's Aspire for me which is very convenient from the new security - particularly compared to the old setup of checking in at T1, walking to Aspire and then walking all the way back to gate 11 or thereabouts...
r2d2 and Vliegende Hollander like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Did they close T1 security already?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I don't think they did but wasn't at that end of the building to check. I went straight to T2 security as I had a digital BP and no luggage to check.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
No, gradually little later as told by finavia. I wish they used it for ventilation of these stupidities as LGG photo above. What did I say earlier about queues?😁😁😁😁
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
It's all zoo now:

But a much fancier one
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
New T2 will be a disaster. Cramming all the previous check in and security control functions into such small space won't work. Where's the expansion for T2 expansion planned for?
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by avermat
New T2 will be a disaster. Cramming all the previous check in and security control functions into such small space won't work. Where's the expansion for T2 expansion planned for?
Agree. You go there now in a silent time and look around, envision the signage and flow ergonomics in your mind , imagine lots of folks there and you will start sweating.
Typical finnish great design (without ergonomics) and bad execution.
Worse is to come as reports come in later.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:54 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
This morning the first time with new check-in and security. Everything very smooth, taxi => lounge less than 15 minutes. There was a line to normal security, but nothing too bad. New security worked flawlessly.
ffay005, mpkz, miamiflyer8 and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.