Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL T2 opens

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:06 am

Yeah, this mixing of families and prio doesn't work today either. Utter queueing chaos and bags took forever to move thru the "fast" xray machine. Looked at the other queues and the xray machine was chugging thru bags like on rails and people moving on to gates much quicker although long queues before the security control. Meanwhile in priority security, about 40 pax waiting for bags. Certainly 80% of bags were stopped by xray machine while it was thinking "should I let this thru or not, hmmm" for minutes. Where is Finavia's complaint form?

Originally Posted by remymartin
The parquet side of the airport had a family lane shared with staff in the past. It appears an oopsie in the new terminal design....
Seems they have removed the old family lane graphics and TUI ads and placed them in one heap at the wall nearest to priority security line. However, I don't dare to dream that they will be reintroducing a separate security line for families . 😓
remymartin likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by mpkz
Yeah sounds like a bit of a nightmare.. hope they are installing moving walkways
There are already moving walkways on the corridor between T2 security and ATR gates.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by avermat
There are already moving walkways on the corridor between T2 security and ATR gates.
All four of which were turned off when I walked to my plane last Sunday during rush hour. I guess it's more sustainable to have them turned off.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
About 15 minutes.

They take families with small children to the same line with priority boarding pass holders..
When did finavia start this shitshow? Some, for example latin countries, who love kids do this regularly but finland???
We are a land of tasapäistäminen, which works opposite here and not tasa-arvo equality which ks pure fake in finland and this? Beyond me…

All respect to disabled, elderly, even families in some cases, I would pretty much like to honor them a dedicated line, but NEVER EVER SAME AS fastrack line!
r2d2, henry999 and ffay005 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by henry999
Upon arrival the other day in the 'new' T2 we had some time to kill before our train so I decided to reconnoitre. After strolling up and down, I thought 'Hmmm, something's missing'. So, I went to the info desk to ask and, sure enough, the HEL Alko is no more.
unfortunately it was closed a few years ago. In the old terminal it was replaced with R-kioski 😩. Alko used various locations at the airport and it was my favourite service in the public area 🤭
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:47 pm

I had checked a bag MAD-HEL, but on arrival at the new baggage claim entrance, via the revolving doors, I only saw a sign showing that some belts are to the left and some to the right. No board to show which flight uses which belt. How is that possible? How would I know whether to turn left or right?

Didn't see any boards anywhere so I finally went to the health aunties and asked if they know where the boards are. The auntie asked which flight I was coming from and looked up the right belt on her phone – the first time the health aunties were of some use!
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
There was a board a few weeks ago. I doubt they've taken it down.
esledo and mpkz like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by ffay005
I had checked a bag MAD-HEL, but on arrival at the new baggage claim entrance, via the revolving doors, I only saw a sign showing that some belts are to the left and some to the right. No board to show which flight uses which belt. How is that possible? How would I know whether to turn left or right?

Didn't see any boards anywhere so I finally went to the health aunties and asked if they know where the boards are. The auntie asked which flight I was coming from and looked up the right belt on her phone – the first time the health aunties were of some use!
Signage seems to be very poor judging by the fact there's daily people trying to go back to the baggage claim from the arrivals hall. When arriving through T2A it's easy to walk out from the baggage claim area without noticing the belts.

Signs and display at T2A.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:06 pm

Strange sign, the belts were numbered something like 10–12 in old 2A and 1–3 in old 2B yesterday.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
A few weeks ago I picked up bags at belt 22, so I guess the recently re-numbered?

The route getting to the belt was anything but "tailored to my needs"...
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
About the HEL security scrum: what's more, one of the Premium (or Priority?) security lanes mixes with a normal lane. The normal lane bags are on one side while Premium on the other and the human operators work in the middle, picking bags that the machine ejected from either side. So, the operators took bags from the normal lane in ratio 5:1, and they must have known what they were doing. I asked a supervisor why the operators are picking bags from the normal lane and not from the priority lane (which at the time had 6 bags waiting while the normal lane had 1 and still they went and chose the normal lane bag). Naturally the supervisor had no excuse, but didn't apologise either. I asked why the Priority lane bags aren't given even equal priority with the normal lane, but no answer. I guess they do it on purpose because the working conditions must not be that great and if they can cause some drama by irritating Priority lane pax then they do it. I am just wondering why the supervisor isn't doing their jobs and making sure it is the normal lane that has 6 bags waiting while they are still picking the 1-2 remaining bags from Priority, and not the other way around as it now is.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Annoys the living daylight out of me. Families with kids shall get absolutely no Premium treatment unless they are tier members or bought the correct tickets.
Exactly. The families can make the choice to obtain status or buy an outright Business ticket. If they choose not to, then they have no business in Priority lanes.

Another point: Finnair really should make sure the outstation staff follows priority check in as well. This means the check-in staff at the Economy desks should call pax from the priority queue and let the economy queue wait, especially when the single priority desk is blocked by some pax who didn't make sure their documentation is in order. This they never do. When I sometimes ask from the agent why this is not so, of course there are never any real answers or even apologies. I have even witnessed an economy pax just marching to the Priority desk when there were pax in the priority queue, and the agent did nothing and accepted the pax (not sure if they had status, but if so why go to the economy queue).
ffay005 and remymartin like this.

Last edited by zxcv1; Jun 18, 2022 at 5:25 am
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by zxcv1
About the HEL security scrum: what's more, one of the Premium (or Priority?) security lanes mixes with a normal lane. The normal lane bags are on one side while Premium on the other and the human operators work in the middle, picking bags that the machine ejected from either side. So, the operators took bags from the normal lane in ratio 5:1, and they must have known what they were doing. I asked a supervisor why the operators are picking bags from the normal lane and not from the priority lane (which at the time had 6 bags waiting while the normal lane had 1 and still they went and chose the normal lane bag). Naturally the supervisor had no excuse, but didn't apologise either. I asked why the Priority lane bags aren't given even equal priority with the normal lane, but no answer. I guess they do it on purpose because the working conditions must not be that great and if they can cause some drama by irritating Priority lane pax then they do it. I am just wondering why the supervisor isn't doing their jobs and making sure it is the normal lane that has 6 bags waiting while they are still picking the 1-2 remaining bags from Priority, and not the other way around as it now is.
Sounds like Finavia would need to get some feedback on this. The security theater guys are not working for Finavia, but some outsourced contractor.
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Very likely finnish jealousity behavior and highly likely your viewpoint is true one.

Same with any other solution where different statuses are lined up adjacently, just like you wrote about that checkin desk shitshow. It is most annoying when u go handbag only and then the AY olci wont work and asks u to go to checkin desk to print your bp, just to find out that prio line is full of silver aunties with 4x32kg bags and another silver spouse, and there u wait while 5 adjacent eco lines continue serving econometrics.
Other parts of the globe are so much more trained to serve first status pax.
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
So, what is the current verdict for a plat needing to check-in bag on a morning flight 7.2xish. How early one really need to be there to catch the flight? Breakfast in lounge is nice to have, but not a must.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.