New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Superfast
Did you or anyone else already receive the first invoice?
I received the paper invoice today. (I only gave the permission in my own bank for e-billing after the invoice had been generated. Luckily there's no monthly fee on this invoice for a partial month)
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by jonivatj
I had this same problem. Card worked normally through Google Pay but the physical card got rejected. Called Aktia and they said that my card activation was only "partly completed" when I installed the app. They were able to fix it during the call.
Thanks, will drop them a message then!
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It seems the 5k limit is a per day total not a single transaction as I was just denied on a 3.8 charge at the grocery store after making a couple of bigger purchases 🤪 I guess I have to call or chat with them to remove that silly limit
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by jonivatj
I had this same problem. Card worked normally through Google Pay but the physical card got rejected. Called Aktia and they said that my card activation was only "partly completed" when I installed the app. They were able to fix it during the call.
Better half had this exact same problem. Card working fine via Google Pay but the physical card getting declined no matter what.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So has anyone received points from the aktia card yet? Curios when they post
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Aktia declined my application but didn't bother to tell me anything. Also they won't tell me any hints why. F them.
FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Its cryptic these cards sometimes.
I have a friend who I have referred several times various cards, and he has pretty ordinary consumer and family profile and decent earnings too, but he is pissed being rejected every time too. Except the everymans green magic visa😁
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
Better half had this exact same problem. Card working fine via Google Pay but the physical card getting declined no matter what.
They have a "feature" in the issuing flow that activation of virtual card seem to mess up the physical card activation for quite a few persons. Message them in the app and they fix it. Wonder why they can not do it as batch because it is basically preventing card usage and now CS is likely flooded with these requests.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Wonder why they can not do it as batch because it is basically preventing card usage and now CS is likely flooded with these requests.
Sounds like a perfect fit for AY.
TapioR, on22cz, seldomrfly and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by strx
Aktia declined my application but didn't bother to tell me anything. Also they won't tell me any hints why. F them.
I tried to get AY Diners Club 3 times and always declined. My solution was to get the wife to sign up and give me a secondary card.
Steve_Hun and kauppias like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda
I tried to get AY Diners Club 3 times and always declined. My solution was to get the wife to sign up and give me a secondary card.
you had a wife way back then? 😀
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Some people here does not only collect airline miles...
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:56 am

I have to remember to contact aktia as this 5000 daily limit is quite annoying 😩

And no way to change it online
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:48 am

Another odd quirk with Aktia is they count the daily limit by day of setteling and day of hold so for example

Charge made yesterday for 3000 you can use 2000 the rest of the day as there is a hold for 3000 (katevaraus)

So the charge finalizes the next day or following day then you can once again use only 2000 that day as the3000 is counted on that days limit too... 🤷‍♂️ annoying
TapioR likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
Some people here does not only collect airline miles...
airline miles or airlines wifes, who checks the spelling anyway
kauppias likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.