Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Covid testing options at HEL [was Finnair to offer rapid covid test at HEL for 65€]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
COVID-19 test services at or around HEL airport
  • 9Lives - walk-in: T2 bus platform 37 and drive-in: Lentoasemantie, airport-bound, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (43 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 135 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (35 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/testing-...antaa-airport/, walk-in: 0900-1700 (9 AM-5 PM) and drive-in: 1400-2200 (2 PM-10 PM), optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • Aava - T2 3rd floor, antigen (LFT): 139 € (127 € per person for a group) with 30-45 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 189 € with next day turnaround or 300 € with 2 h turnaround, https://www.aava.fi/en/service/coron...air-passengers, paper certificate extra
  • Finnair - Tietotie 9 (Finnair HQ), antigen (LFT): 65 € for Finnair pax (79 € others) with 2 h turnaround, RT-PCR: 93 € for Finnair pax (120 € others) with 2 h turnaround, https://www.finnair.com/en/safe-trav...avirus-testing, Mon-Fri 0800-1600 (8 AM-4 PM), needs to prebooked
COVID-19 test services in Helsinki
  • 9Lives - Vuosaari, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 100 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • 9Lives - Kamppi and Pasila, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 135 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (35 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • A5 Laboratoriot (Testaakorona.fi) - Kamppi shopping centre (next to the Narinkkatori entrance), antigen (LFT): 39€ (69 € with English e-mailed certificate) with 15 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 100 € (inc. certificate) with a same day turnaround by 2000 (8 PM), https://www.testaakorona.fi/, Mon-Fri 0800-1600 (8 AM-4 PM)
  • Medipulssi - Pikkalankatu 3 (Malmi), antigen (LFT): 50 € with 30-45 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 100 € with approx. 24 h turnaround or express service with a 40 € surcharge (140 € in total) and a same day turnaround by 2100 (9 PM), if the sample is taken by 1300 (1 PM) - otherwise by next day 0900 (9 AM) on weekdays and noon (1200/12 PM) on weekends (Sat-Sun), https://medipulssi.fi/palvelut/koronatesti-ja-todistus/, Mon-Fri 0800-2000 (8 AM-8 PM), Sat 1000-1600 (10 AM-4 PM), Sun 1200-1600 (12 PM-4 PM), needs to be prebooked
  • Medipulssi - Itäkeskus (Tallinnanaukio) and Kamppi shopping centre (Narinkkatori entrance), RT-PCR: 100€, express service +40€ (test done by 13:00, result same day before 00:00. antigen (LFT) 50€
  • Pihlajalinna - Munkkivuori, antigen (LFT): 80 € (with Finnair discount), RT-PCR: 93 € (with Finnair discount), https://www.pihlajalinna.fi/finnair, needs to be prebooked
  • PR2You - Länsisatamankatu 23 (Jätkäsaari), RT-PCR: 99 € with SMAL discount code (others: 120 €) and currently a 12-30 h turnaround, https://www.pr2y.fi/, the certificate is in English and German
COVID-19 test services in Espoo
  • 9Lives - Espoonlahti and Tapiola, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 100 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • Pihlajalinna - Matinkylä, antigen (LFT): 80 € (with Finnair discount), RT-PCR: 93 € (with Finnair discount), https://www.pihlajalinna.fi/finnair, needs to be prebooked
COVID-19 test services in Vantaa
  • 9Lives - Ala-Tikkurila, Koivukylä and Martinlaakso, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 100 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • A5 Laboratoriot (Testaakorona.fi) - Tammiston kauppatie 13, antigen (LFT): 39 € (49 € with printed certificate) with 15 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 100 € (inc. certificate) with a turnaround by 2000 (8 PM), https://www.testaakorona.fi/, Mon-Fri 0700-1500 (7 AM-3 PM)
The current wiki entry format in a nutshell: Service provider - location, antigen (LFT) or RT-PCR, price and turnaround, website, opening hours, anything else relevant (e.g. prebooking).

Print Wikipost

Covid testing options at HEL [was Finnair to offer rapid covid test at HEL for 65€]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
What is the certificate like that you get from an antigen test at Medipulssi and A5 Lab / Testaakorona? If it's only the EU covidpass, I'm not sure it qualifies for all travel as eg passport info is missing. Can you also get their own certificate, which includes these details, as a pdf per email?
Hmm..i am noob with these as I never tested before, so I ask: can I just book an antigen test and leave for airport after sample is taken, then just pull it up from omakanta at checkin to show for required antigen proof, or do I need to browse all idiot rule differences whethwr one antigen test is proofed or not by myself?? If latter applies, then these rulings are plain idiots.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Jorma
Here is my old one i printed now from the link provided. Looks like the system dates it when printed, as this is from December but dated today.
This paper is available also from the reception after the results are in, i waited 15mins in car and picked it up. No extra cost.
Thanks! It looks like this certificate does meet the standards for eg USA just fine. When I lfew to JFK, I used the HUS test, and for me, it has so far been reliable, with results within 24 hours. But if and when I finally get to fly to DFW this spring, and the time limit is still 24 hours (or 1 day, hopefully AY interprets it the correct way), I suppose Medipulssi might be more reliable.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by FFlash
Hmm..i am noob with these as I never tested before, so I ask: can I just book an antigen test and leave for airport after sample is taken, then just pull it up from omakanta at checkin to show for required antigen proof, or do I need to browse all idiot rule differences whethwr one antigen test is proofed or not by myself?? If latter applies, then these rulings are plain idiots.
Yes, if you're travelling to a country in the EU. However, Omakanta suffers from occasional delays (and the system is down every now and then, too). So if time is an issue, I would rely more on these certificates that the providers produce themselves.

Moreover, if you're flying to a non-EU country, they may have certain requirements, ie the test certificate must include this and that, and the EU covidpass may not be enough.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:10 am

Anyone knows how the drip-in queues are from 8am onwards at Kamppi Testaakorona.fi A5 Laboratoriot? They take only walk-in without res, and the Tammisto place is a bit clumsier for me transport-wise.

PS thanks mods for changing the thread title
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:13 am

Some serious advice here and a bit more which suits here as it fits well in this thread as it is all about testing needs…

Sweden has ambiguous exempts in what refers to transit. Dont fall in it, take the test if you fly to Sweden from HEL.

Also, DO NOT TRUST THE TURNAROUND TIMES FOR ANTIGEN promises for these providers, they are not that fast (as neither are PCR , but this is known for all already) as they advertise.

Here is the story.
I was about to gamble to fly hel-arn-tll without any tests, as Estonia requires none and Sweden has a contradictory transit exempt in their official pages. But I prebook that Tammisto A5 place for antigen just in case. Arriving there, I chatted about how the results will be given (bought the 30€ version with email and print), and they said the print email will ve just the same as in omakanta, so I could change it to normal 25€ omakanta result.
I suspected a check will com since OLCI was not possible so I had to go to checkin counter.
At checkin, there was a lady ahead of me in prio line with some trouble and I overheard Iceland and ”transit”. Turns out the lady had no test and another agent came in said ”since last week also transit in sweden requires a test proof”. I jumped in to tell her all the HEL test places nearby and hurry up, and there she left, never saw her again.
I got worried, my antigen result was not yet ready. Finally my omakanta result came. Had I not pushed it at A5testaakorona, what then: they seem to process them in batches, since I pushed them at testing site with ”missing my flight” and the nurse said ”okay lets send this right away” to the other guy…before that we had chitchatted about my flight and upon saying it is in 2 hours the nurse said ”its not gonna make it”…
Then, checkin asked also my pax locator form for Estonia. I urged it is not needed I read yesterday I am exempt and asked her to show me why. Timatic says so, she didnt budge, so I had to start filling in online.
Okay finally it was done online in 5 minutes.
Finally, landing at arn gate 19 behind the passport booths, there was nobody, just walk in.
ffay005, remymartin and kauppias like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Some serious advice here and a bit more which suits here as it fits well in this thread as it is all about testing needs…

Sweden has ambiguous exempts in what refers to transit. Dont fall in it, take the test if you fly to Sweden from HEL.

Also, DO NOT TRUST THE TURNAROUND TIMES FOR ANTIGEN promises for these providers, they are not that fast (as neither are PCR , but this is known for all already) as they advertise.

Here is the story.
I was about to gamble to fly hel-arn-tll without any tests, as Estonia requires none and Sweden has a contradictory transit exempt in their official pages. But I prebook that Tammisto A5 place for antigen just in case. Arriving there, I chatted about how the results will be given (bought the 30€ version with email and print), and they said the print email will ve just the same as in omakanta, so I could change it to normal 25€ omakanta result.
I suspected a check will com since OLCI was not possible so I had to go to checkin counter.
At checkin, there was a lady ahead of me in prio line with some trouble and I overheard Iceland and ”transit”. Turns out the lady had no test and another agent came in said ”since last week also transit in sweden requires a test proof”. I jumped in to tell her all the HEL test places nearby and hurry up, and there she left, never saw her again.
I got worried, my antigen result was not yet ready. Finally my omakanta result came. Had I not pushed it at A5testaakorona, what then: they seem to process them in batches, since I pushed them at testing site with ”missing my flight” and the nurse said ”okay lets send this right away” to the other guy…before that we had chitchatted about my flight and upon saying it is in 2 hours the nurse said ”its not gonna make it”…
Then, checkin asked also my pax locator form for Estonia. I urged it is not needed I read yesterday I am exempt and asked her to show me why. Timatic says so, she didnt budge, so I had to start filling in online.
Finally, landing at arn gate 19 behind the passport booths, there was nobody, just walk in.

Things chabge so quickly these days, In the summer I flew every 2-3 weeks to Krakow one day they asked for xx then they did not and then again asked it was almost funny, no one knew...

Traveling is not the game for nerveous nellies these days, glad I chose not to book any ex arn trips
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by kauppias
glad I chose not to book any ex arn trips
Deep down, do you really mean that?
cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jorma
Deep down, do you really mean that?

Yes actually I do 😄😄

Deep down I am not a fan of ARN and even more so with the testing requirments....

I may have bought other departures but even that is now a big if as I weigh the benefits of LUMO, since I allready have Flying blue Ultimate 🤣 but in a week I will know what made most sense 😄
cistavoda and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:37 am

Just a data point, they did not scan QR code at checkin so equally a test paper without might do…just wanted to see the time of test…
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive

Here is the story.
You are a gambler to take the test 2 hours before a flight after I told you it's within 2 hours to get the result to Kanta. We might need a Wiki change as their 15 minutes is not really happening.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by on22cz
You are a gambler to take the test 2 hours before a flight after I told you it's within 2 hours to get the result to Kanta. We might need a Wiki change as their 15 minutes is not really happening.
This game IS gambling 😄
Finally, the result came in about an hour but with pushing as I said…
The reason for leaving it to that late was my original flight scheme to avoid need to take another antigen test during segment running. But even that changed as my flights changed.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
With the stories about tests not being required for ARN but then being required by the airline in any case, I wanted to ask if anyone has recent experiences transiting at CPH without a test? Flying on Saturday to LHR via CPH...
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by GaryK84
With the stories about tests not being required for ARN but then being required by the airline in any case, I wanted to ask if anyone has recent experiences transiting at CPH without a test? Flying on Saturday to LHR via CPH...
I didn’t have any issues transiting through CPH with SK (not ex-HEL) last week.

SK lounge asked for Covid pass - that’s about it.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by remymartin
I didn’t have any issues transiting through CPH with SK (not ex-HEL) last week.

SK lounge asked for Covid pass - that’s about it.
Sounds promising - thank you!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
9lives at HEL yesterday: tested 15:53, result as SMS 16:22 and email with the link to the certificate also 16:22. BUT - the test result was only visible in Kanta some time between 23 and 07 next morning. So if you test 2 hours before the flight with them, better pay for the separate certificate.

On my second segment run HEL-ARN-CPH-HAM-CPH-ARN-HEL now. No OLCI available for SK and strict document checks at check in. From me they wanted to see the antigen test result (for ARN transfer I believe) and the Germany entry form. Several people stopped at the gate for additional document checks.

Edit: Went to Aspire Lounge for breakfast and only now noticed the Raja booths where the health aunties used to be. Last Monday night the raja checks were a bit further near gate 22, no booths. On the way back to gate 11 I showed my boarding pass to the raja guy and he just wished me "törkeen hyvää matkaa"
r2d2, florens, SPBanker and 1 others like this.

Last edited by aapee; Jan 13, 2022 at 3:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.