Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Covid testing options at HEL [was Finnair to offer rapid covid test at HEL for 65€]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
COVID-19 test services at or around HEL airport
  • 9Lives - walk-in: T2 bus platform 37 and drive-in: Lentoasemantie, airport-bound, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (43 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 135 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (35 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/testing-...antaa-airport/, walk-in: 0900-1700 (9 AM-5 PM) and drive-in: 1400-2200 (2 PM-10 PM), optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • Aava - T2 3rd floor, antigen (LFT): 139 € (127 € per person for a group) with 30-45 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 189 € with next day turnaround or 300 € with 2 h turnaround, https://www.aava.fi/en/service/coron...air-passengers, paper certificate extra
  • Finnair - Tietotie 9 (Finnair HQ), antigen (LFT): 65 € for Finnair pax (79 € others) with 2 h turnaround, RT-PCR: 93 € for Finnair pax (120 € others) with 2 h turnaround, https://www.finnair.com/en/safe-trav...avirus-testing, Mon-Fri 0800-1600 (8 AM-4 PM), needs to prebooked
COVID-19 test services in Helsinki
  • 9Lives - Vuosaari, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 100 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • 9Lives - Kamppi and Pasila, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 135 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (35 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • A5 Laboratoriot (Testaakorona.fi) - Kamppi shopping centre (next to the Narinkkatori entrance), antigen (LFT): 39€ (69 € with English e-mailed certificate) with 15 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 100 € (inc. certificate) with a same day turnaround by 2000 (8 PM), https://www.testaakorona.fi/, Mon-Fri 0800-1600 (8 AM-4 PM)
  • Medipulssi - Pikkalankatu 3 (Malmi), antigen (LFT): 50 € with 30-45 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 100 € with approx. 24 h turnaround or express service with a 40 € surcharge (140 € in total) and a same day turnaround by 2100 (9 PM), if the sample is taken by 1300 (1 PM) - otherwise by next day 0900 (9 AM) on weekdays and noon (1200/12 PM) on weekends (Sat-Sun), https://medipulssi.fi/palvelut/koronatesti-ja-todistus/, Mon-Fri 0800-2000 (8 AM-8 PM), Sat 1000-1600 (10 AM-4 PM), Sun 1200-1600 (12 PM-4 PM), needs to be prebooked
  • Medipulssi - Itäkeskus (Tallinnanaukio) and Kamppi shopping centre (Narinkkatori entrance), RT-PCR: 100€, express service +40€ (test done by 13:00, result same day before 00:00. antigen (LFT) 50€
  • Pihlajalinna - Munkkivuori, antigen (LFT): 80 € (with Finnair discount), RT-PCR: 93 € (with Finnair discount), https://www.pihlajalinna.fi/finnair, needs to be prebooked
  • PR2You - Länsisatamankatu 23 (Jätkäsaari), RT-PCR: 99 € with SMAL discount code (others: 120 €) and currently a 12-30 h turnaround, https://www.pr2y.fi/, the certificate is in English and German
COVID-19 test services in Espoo
  • 9Lives - Espoonlahti and Tapiola, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 100 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • Pihlajalinna - Matinkylä, antigen (LFT): 80 € (with Finnair discount), RT-PCR: 93 € (with Finnair discount), https://www.pihlajalinna.fi/finnair, needs to be prebooked
COVID-19 test services in Vantaa
  • 9Lives - Ala-Tikkurila, Koivukylä and Martinlaakso, antigen (LFT): 79 € with 30 min turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), RT-PCR: 100 € with 12-24 hr turnaround (0 € copay, if eligible for KELA national health insurance deduction), https://korona.9lives.fi/en/coronavirus-testing/, see website for opening hours, optional certificate by MD 20 €
  • A5 Laboratoriot (Testaakorona.fi) - Tammiston kauppatie 13, antigen (LFT): 39 € (49 € with printed certificate) with 15 min turnaround, RT-PCR: 100 € (inc. certificate) with a turnaround by 2000 (8 PM), https://www.testaakorona.fi/, Mon-Fri 0700-1500 (7 AM-3 PM)
The current wiki entry format in a nutshell: Service provider - location, antigen (LFT) or RT-PCR, price and turnaround, website, opening hours, anything else relevant (e.g. prebooking).

Print Wikipost

Covid testing options at HEL [was Finnair to offer rapid covid test at HEL for 65€]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Don't know if this is best option, but reasonably close to the airport:
A5 Laboratoriot Oy: www.testaakorona.fi, test site at Tammisto, antigen test 25€, PCR test 100€, with EU digital covid certificate (antigen with printed certificate 30€)

Finnair has changed their pricing policy, now: antigen test for their own passengers 65€, for others 79€, PCR test 93€ vs 120€
thanks, 25€ sounds good, I am in need of antigen test just to be sure (will try sneak without just for seeing enforcement). Any idea how fast they give results? And to get from Tammisto to airport, by public transport there was a bus I recall?(Lumo BMW should be included)
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by FFlash
And to get from Tammisto to airport, by public transport there was a bus I recall?
561 and 616
SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
thanks, 25€ sounds good, I am in need of antigen test just to be sure (will try sneak without just for seeing enforcement). Any idea how fast they give results? And to get from Tammisto to airport, by public transport there was a bus I recall?(Lumo BMW should be included)
IIRC, you can download your certificate within 2 hours.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
thanks, 25€ sounds good, I am in need of antigen test just to be sure (will try sneak without just for seeing enforcement). Any idea how fast they give results?
The cheaper price (25€) is for result to be submitted to Kanta, if you want a separate certificate, then it's 30€. Please let us know how it works!
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I tried to summarise all the actors discussed herein. Not all are there, of course - so please edit as needed.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
The cheaper price (25€) is for result to be submitted to Kanta, if you want a separate certificate, then it's 30€. Please let us know how it works!
I did it and it works smoothly with the Kanta certificate for 25. Just be prepared for some freezing queues as it doesn't work exactly by time appointment. The appointment queue moves quite fast, though.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by remymartin
I tried to summarise all the actors discussed herein. Not all are there, of course - so please edit as needed.
I did some polishing of the format so that it's more concise and precise. Also added two, since A5 Laboratoriot has also a site in Kamppi and Medipulssi was missing.
remymartin likes this.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Jan 7, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
I have used Medipulssi 2 times for antigen test. 15mins both times for results and ontime (with reservation) sample collection.
Also close to Malmi train station (200-300m) to get to HEL.
FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:42 am

Did some further amendments, since 9Lives seems to have different pricing for several Helsinki region testing sites and adding Espoo was probably plausible. I haven't added Terveystalo (they still have that Finnair pricing available) and Mehiläinen, since they're more expensive than the competition. Aava is really only helpful for those on a super tight schedule at HEL T2. I assume the wiki is pretty comprehensive now. All seven weekdays and the cheapest pricepoints should be covered now.
remymartin, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Great Wiki!
thx

Stupid question: ”turnaround” time means that you can test and leave, or is there any operator that requires you to stay and wait for getting the result?
Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:01 am

Stupid question: ”turnaround” time means that you can test and leave, or is there any operator that requires you to stay and wait for getting the result?
Turnaround time means the time for the process to be completed, i.e. how long it takes for the test to be processed and the result is returned to you. So it doesn't suggest one would have to wait on-site. AFAIK none of the lateral flow based antigen testing services require waiting, since the results are anyway posted digitally in some form, unless you want right away a printed certificate.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:55 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
A5 Laboratoriot (Testaakorona.fi) - Tammiston kauppatie 13, antigen (LFT): 25 € (30 € with printed certificate)
Stupid question: I bought a car from Sweden and need to pick it up from Gävle. When flying to ARN within next 2 weeks, is this test enough and do I need the printed certificate or is electric enough? Same also getting back to Finland (my covid certificate is valid).
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by HJP
Stupid question: I bought a car from Sweden and need to pick it up from Gävle. When flying to ARN within next 2 weeks, is this test enough and do I need the printed certificate or is electric enough? Same also getting back to Finland (my covid certificate is valid).
Yes it is enough, unless rules change. This test will come to Omakanta and you can have the pdf from there, either print or just on phone. When i have been asked test result at ARN, showing from phone has been enough. But easier if you have it printed imo (i dont like miscellaneous people handling my phone).
Assuming you are Finnish citizen or permanent resident since you are buying a car TO Finland, you just need to show vaccination proof and id at harbor.
HJP likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What is the certificate like that you get from an antigen test at Medipulssi and A5 Lab / Testaakorona? If it's only the EU covidpass, I'm not sure it qualifies for all travel as eg passport info is missing. Can you also get their own certificate, which includes these details, as a pdf per email?
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
What is the certificate like that you get from an antigen test at Medipulssi and A5 Lab / Testaakorona? If it's only the EU covidpass, I'm not sure it qualifies for all travel as eg passport info is missing. Can you also get their own certificate, which includes these details, as a pdf per email?
Here is my old one i printed now from the link provided. Looks like the system dates it when printed, as this is from December but dated today.
This paper is available also from the reception after the results are in, i waited 15mins in car and picked it up. No extra cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.