Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair nonstop longhaul flights from ARN

Finnair nonstop longhaul flights from ARN

Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
AKT started their rant about outsourced cabin crew and threatens labor action. In Finnish: https://www.akt.fi/uutiset/ammattili...nairin-kanssa/
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
In Thailand today +13000 new cases, domestic transportation stopped and almost everything shut down.

It's a miracle if AY find customers W21/22 going to Thailand.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Recruitment opened today:

https://duunitori.fi/tyopaikat/tyo/a...sdsuu-13526348

Would you like to spend a winter up in the sky? Join our Cabin Crew!
We are looking for 160 customer service professionals for our customer airline Finnair for long-haul flights from Stockholm for the winter season 2021-2022. In this job you will work full-time for six months.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
In Thailand today +13000 new cases, domestic transportation stopped and almost everything shut down.

It's a miracle if AY find customers W21/22 going to Thailand.
As long as Thailand will let anyone in I think they will find customers. Swedes loves Thailand, and I don't think they are afraid of the 'rona anymore. 🤔
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
As long as Thailand will let anyone in I think they will find customers. Swedes loves Thailand, and I don't think they are afraid of the 'rona anymore. 🤔

Well the two week quarantine hotel at their expense might deter them 😂😂

Tbh that's the only reason I am not going yet, it seems they have sent to ASQ hotels some who were near those who were infected on flight, so a easy way to ruin a vacation ☺️🤦
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeah, I've been reading a lot about the HKT sandbox. Complete failure if you ask me. Tracing app, name calls at the hotel, repeated tests during the trip and the risk of getting a positive in the PCR lottery or just being close to someone who gets a positive. Nope, as long as it's like that, there will definitely not be full planeloads of Swedes or any others to Thailand.

Loads on existing flights are meager, as well. Like when they first say they have six planes coming in, and then reveal they have 300 pax altogether.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
Yeah, I've been reading a lot about the HKT sandbox.
True. My guess is the sandbox is scratched in time for the winter season. They are having an outbreak atm, it will eventually go down at some point. Then I think they will realize the tourism income is needed. Given the daily deaths in Thai traffic is considered perfectly OK, I assume it soon also will be OK with some corona deaths.
Then it is also a complete mystery why they are having an outbreak now, when there wasn't any problems having loads of direct flights from Wuhan when this all started 🙂.
​​​​​
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 6:13 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I am not sure if respective bilateral agreements would allow for it, but I think they should start looking for replacing BKK/HKT with CUN/POP/PUJ (at least as an option B). Mexico and Dominican Republic were almost constantly open (without any tests) during the COVID period.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
It would require a major rewiring of Kerttu Turisti's mindset, but if TH remains closed and there are daily flight to MX or DM she'll take them.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I don't know... MX does not have a very safe reputation in Europe in general.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
It would require a major rewiring of Kerttu Turisti's mindset, but if TH remains closed and there are daily flight to MX or DM she'll take them.
Since when has Kerttu Turisti been travelling ex-ARN? That would be a seriously major overhaul of her mindset.
WilcoRoger likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I don't know... MX does not have a very safe reputation in Europe in general.
Yeah, lotsa Yanks down there
TPJ and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Originally Posted by ffay005
Yeah, I've been reading a lot about the HKT sandbox. Complete failure if you ask me. Tracing app, name calls at the hotel, repeated tests during the trip and the risk of getting a positive in the PCR lottery or just being close to someone who gets a positive. Nope, as long as it's like that, there will definitely not be full planeloads of Swedes or any others to Thailand.
If you want to attract those who aren't afraid of the virus, then you need to abolish quarantine, require no tests or tracing and if someone nevertheless chooses to take a test, the person shouldn't be subject to any restrictions like preventing the person from partying or returning home even if testing positive.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Im a new user
If you want to attract those who aren't afraid of the virus, then you need to abolish quarantine, require no tests or tracing and if someone nevertheless chooses to take a test, the person shouldn't be subject to any restrictions like preventing the person from partying or returning home even if testing positive.
I don't think that's whom they want to attract though? It seems that they rather want to attract vaccinated visitors, but just can't bare to let them move freely.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I think this AY ARN Base is very good opportunity for AY. I hope they success and will win market shares in Nordic countries. Should AY provide connections like exCPH and exOSL, like CPH/OSL-ARN-BKK?
ffay005 and intuition like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.