Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair nonstop longhaul flights from ARN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair nonstop longhaul flights from ARN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:40 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Very few will miss the AY ARN operations for sure…but overall it’s very sad how lost AY is now…they cancel routes left and right and launch new ones which never even take it to the air…just horrible.

Tends to happen to companies whos strategic edge lies with a one single advantage..when that is suddenly gone all that’s left is total panic. That’s the AY we see today..
r2d2, DALtoAAL and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AY started ARN in the pandemic when they were looking for new markets to use their fleet with. With the added stress of the Ukraine conflict blocking their airspace and demand crumbling further they are looking for new business to stay afloat. TBH I like the pragmatic approach they are taking. What would you suggest they do? Stick to their E.Asia network and park the aircraft?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by r2d2
I hope AY will move back to T2 (and the Aurora lounge) in ARN after the longhauls from ARN are gone.
But they aren't gone. They'll have a daily widebody to DOH. So I guess they'll stay at T5.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
According to this post, Finnair is suspending their ARN long haul ops this winter.

https://twitter.com/LondonAirTravel/...UwWUtx6bFuyqbw
They're discontinuing the existing ARN longhaul flights, not suspending them with the intention of restarting them some time in the future.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by oliver2002
AY started ARN in the pandemic when they were looking for new markets to use their fleet with. With the added stress of the Ukraine conflict blocking their airspace and demand crumbling further they are looking for new business to stay afloat.
How Ukraine airspace affects on AY's MIA, LAX and JFK from ARN and ORD from HEL which now will be axed ?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Received a new itinerary, HEL-BKK-HEL direct on same dates. Of course the seats went to middle again as there are two persons in the booking.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:05 am

Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Received a new itinerary, HEL-BKK-HEL direct on same dates. Of course the seats went to middle again as there are two persons in the booking.
For me it's been rebooked to HEL-ARN; HEL-BKK, meaning there's now two flights on the booking from HEL, one to ARN and one to BKK. Wonder if I'd contact them or give some time to sort it out. I do see an option to accept new itinerary on the website though.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: BA
My LHR - ARN - BKK is now LHR - ARN own transfer HEL - BKK.

I think they need to join the dots and switch my London flight to HEL.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by heronb

Same, I have asked CS to fix it for me but looks like I created even more of a big mess with that
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by heronb

I just had to do exactly this too. I used the web chat on the Finnair website which I recommend - waited in a queue for about half an hour and the agent fixed the booking in a few minutes and confirmation emails have been received. Now travelling BKK - HEL - LHR (Originally BKK - ARN - LHR which was automatically rebooked to BKK - HEL then ARN - LHR).
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Clarity_
For me it's been rebooked to HEL-ARN; HEL-BKK, meaning there's now two flights on the booking from HEL, one to ARN and one to BKK. Wonder if I'd contact them or give some time to sort it out. I do see an option to accept new itinerary on the website though.
Finnair was very efficient today. I asked through Platinum/Lumo WhatsApp about starting from other city than Stockholm and got replied that they currently offer only direct option from HEL. If I want add some other segments to HEL, they must re-calculate the price and add that. I accepted after that my new flights on website. Check the availability of the seats first, if it is good, you can wait, if not contact them.
Clarity_ likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
I was told via web chat that they weren’t equipped to be able to make changes at the moment.

Flights aren’t until March so I’m not too concerned and expect something will happen in the next day or so, if not I’ll try again.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:01 am

So these ARN long hauls to US ended today as last AY 30 JFK-ARN landed around 5AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.