Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair nonstop longhaul flights from ARN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair nonstop longhaul flights from ARN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
Could you move to a nonstop HEL-LAX on a day close to your original day?
I'll ask if they agree to open up immediate J space. Got myself and Ms Yrittaja upgraded with vouchers that would expire soon so wouldn't want to waste them.
ffay005, esledo and Peter Snijder like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
According to this post, Finnair is suspending their ARN long haul ops this winter.

Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What are they going to do with all the widebodies? Lease them out to Eurowings and others?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
What are they going to do with all the widebodies? Lease them out to Eurowings and others?
Filling in Qatar's network.
https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=4339820
Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by avermat
Yeah. I just read about it in another thread. And created a new one for us to discuss this. Mixed feelings right now. I guess it makes sense for AY, for the time being.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Yeah. I just read about it in another thread. And created a new one for us to discuss this. Mixed feelings right now. I guess it makes sense for AY, for the time being.
No mixed feelings at all, I would be more than unhappy if my QR operated flights from Doha to Copenhagen becomes AY operated flights. That would be a terrible down grade....
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:00 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
According to this post, Finnair is suspending their ARN long haul ops this winter.

https://twitter.com/LondonAirTravel/...UwWUtx6bFuyqbw
And still nothing from AY, not possible to rebook/reroute/refund..🤬🤬
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
It will be interesting to see how AY has factored in this extra cost in their calculations. EC261 will allow pax to choose new dates in the distant future, but we have recent reports here about AY being reluctant to honor that.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No mixed feelings at all, I would be more than unhappy if my QR operated flights from Doha to Copenhagen becomes AY operated flights. That would be a terrible down grade....
If I were CPH-based, I would surely feel the same way. For HEL-based pax using AY+ as their main programme (of course this would apply to ARN/CPH based AY+ members, too), there is the interesting precedent of DXB (in the same region) being treated as Europe for AY+ purposes. That's 50k points roundtrip in J, which is a bargain. As is 30k in Y.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Availability on my late November LAX-ARN flights has been zeroed out, so I am expecting notice of cancellation over the next several days. My flights are still unchanged in the AY app.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: AY Plat
Was supposed to fly via ARN to BKK with my girlfriend on Dec 1 and just got an email that the flights are cancelled. Contacted CS and they said the same, "be patient, our team is working on substitute flight". The thing is, I don't really trust their team Additionally we're travelling on different bookings. At least the CS agent said he'll put a note on my gf's booking that she's travelling with me, but let's see how much good that'll do.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Clarity_
Was supposed to fly via ARN to BKK with my girlfriend on Dec 1 and just got email that the flights are cancelled. Contacted CS and they said the same, "be patient, our team is working on substitute flight". The thing is, I don't really trust their team Additionally we're travelling on different bookings. At least the CS agent said he'll put a note on my gf's booking that she's travelling with me, but let's see how much good that'll do.
If you call them and have a reasonable suggestion at hand, ie which AY flights you want to take (ARN-HEL-BKK), I am pretty sure they will rebook you now if you insist. Try HUACA.

Of course there is the option that they plan to reroute pax via DOH, and they need a published schedule before they do that. I don't know how airlines negotiate, but wouldn't it be possible that they've agreed on some favourable (for AY) rerouting terms on QR metal if the AY/QR deal forces AY to cancel some flights. Like, "Okay, let's make this deal, but you do realise we have a bunch of pax booked from ARN to BKK and we need to reroute them all, you'll have to give us a good price on DOH-BKK for that..."
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: AY Plat
If you call them and have a reasonable suggestion at hand, ie which AY flights you want to take (ARN-HEL-BKK), I am pretty sure they will rebook you now if you insist. Try HUACA.
Tried that and there are two scheduled direct flights on the same day, but the agent said that a different team is handling those changes and there's noting he can do atm. Those flights were also booked during 3x promo, so I hope they don't mess those up.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL

Of course there is the option that they plan to reroute pax via DOH, and they need a published schedule before they do that. I don't know how airlines negotiate, but wouldn't it be possible that they've agreed on some favourable (for AY) rerouting terms on QR metal if the AY/QR deal forces AY to cancel some flights. Like, "Okay, let's make this deal, but you do realise we have a bunch of pax booked from ARN to BKK and we need to reroute them all, you'll have to give us a good price on DOH-BKK for that..."
Well, I'd be absolutely ecstatic if I could reschedule our LAX - ARN flights to LAX-DOH-ARN and keep our confirmed upgrades.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Nice potential opportunity for extra BA Tier Points? Flights are all over the 2k miles mark:

HELDOH140°(SE)130°(SE)2,732 mi
DOHCPH327°(NW)325°(NW)2,866 mi
ARNDOH131°(SE)124°(SE)2,870 mi
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I hope AY will move back to T2 (and the Aurora lounge) in ARN after the longhauls from ARN are gone.
NoWindowSeat and Purjelentaja like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.