Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair nonstop longhaul flights from ARN

Finnair nonstop longhaul flights from ARN

Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by BCC
I'm booked SK958 MIA-ARN on November 9. My flight MIA-CPH-ARN on November 8 was cancelled. I do not know where the air craft is coming from since there are no flights booked between Scandinavia and Miami on November 9. Maybe a cargo flight coming in??
Unless it has changed recently, Americans can't enter Sweden from the United States unless they live in Europe. It is necessary to transit through a different Schengen member state. While MIA-CPH-ARN (entry from Denmark) is permitted, MIA-ARN (entry from the United States) is not. Are you able to enter under one of the very few exemptions, or are you a European citizen?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 6:16 am
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
I have a US and Swedish passport. We live in Sweden .
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by florens
I suspect cargo as well. Or, presumably, loads eastbound may be better as well with Americans generally allowed to travel to Europe. Although it's not exactly high season either for travel to Europe, especially from Florida.
That may work for Americans travelling back to the US. But they can't travel to Europe via Sweden (not even if it's just a transit country) until 5 NOV.
florens likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Im a new user
Unless it has changed recently, Americans can't enter Sweden from the United States unless they live in Europe. It is necessary to transit through a different Schengen member state. While MIA-CPH-ARN (entry from Denmark) is permitted, MIA-ARN (entry from the United States) is not. Are you able to enter under one of the very few exemptions, or are you a European citizen?
OK… I need some clarity on this. I am planning to fly to Sweden on October 31 from Los Angeles via Zürich on swiss airlines. Will this be possible?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by zrs70
OK… I need some clarity on this. I am planning to fly to Sweden on October 31 from Los Angeles via Zürich on swiss airlines. Will this be possible?
Entering via Zürich should be fine.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
My experience from HEL - ARN wide body service.

Post-Pandemic Travel Diaries
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
So today AY told that ARN US longhauls operate S22 season too.

Finnair also continues to expand its presence in the US by continuing direct flights to New York John F. Kennedy Airport and Los Angeles International Airport from Stockholm, Sweden, through the summer season. From 1 May 2022, Finnair will increase frequencies for these connections. Finnair will fly from Stockholm to New York daily, and to Los Angeles four times a week.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Im a new user
Unless it has changed recently, Americans can't enter Sweden from the United States unless they live in Europe.
Coming back to this, it looks like it's also allowed if they live in an "exempted country" and get a negative test 72 hours before departure. That being said, as the departure date for my JFK-ARN gets closer, I'm starting to worry that just having a Canadian ID with my address on it (Canada is on the "exempted" list) won't be enough. I'm thinking of changing to JFK-HEL-ARN, but what people are saying about ATRs worries me also.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:43 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by jamar
.... but what people are saying about ATRs worries me also.
Not all HEL-ARN flights are operated with ATRs, plus it is a one-hour flight, so not too difficult to survive it
Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Delta will start flying daily JFK-ARN on 01JUN.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
Delta will start flying daily JFK-ARN on 01JUN.
Didn't expect this one to return, especially with a B767. It was last operated until 2017 with a B752 which UA also does from May 2022. So now we have SK, AY, UA (seasonal) and DL on ARN-NYC.
remymartin likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:23 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Atrocious on-time performance on the ARN-MIA route.
Looking at the aircraft utilization on flightradar24, it seems like this route is severely delayed because of delays on previous flights to/from various U.S. or Asian airports, and no time to catch up because of the scheduling.
It certainly doesn’t help when the outstation service is slow as well…
For example, I flew MIA-ARN last week. The incoming aircraft was delayed by two hours (landed at 21:00), and the new estimated departure time was 22:40 (two hours late) with boarding starting at 22:00.
The crew wasn’t able to board until 22:15 because of cabin servicing. The boarding didn’t start until 22:40, and after a while the captain told us we were still waiting for bags to be loaded. That didn’t complete until 23:10 and we pushed back more than 2.5 hours late.
When Finnair started this route to replace Norwegian that used to operate it, I didn't expect them to inherit Norwegian’s “on-time” performance…

Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: AY LUMO
AY has now stalled on many things and punctuality is one of them.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Delays in the longhaul fleet at the end of the day is nothing new. Optimistic fleet utilisation used to delay AY69 once a week, for several years. And that delay was normally 2-8 hours...
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:05 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
And be happy that there is a low cost alternative such as AY with their least business margins. Instead of the plentiful SAS North-American network of SAS from Uppsala
Paying and getting used to be in line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.