Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment change

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2021, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
For those with strong urges to fly widebody to LHR, do note that SK has upgraded the route to A330 due to strong demand. This is LHR-CPH SK501/501 on tuesday mornings only. Be prepared to pay through the nose for the LHR-CPH leg though, as you will battle for availability with those connecting to PVG.

The CPH-LHR leg is cheap, though.
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by intuition
For those with strong urges to fly widebody to LHR, do note that SK has upgraded the route to A330 due to strong demand. This is LHR-CPH SK501/501 on tuesday mornings only. Be prepared to pay through the nose for the LHR-CPH leg though, as you will battle for availability with those connecting to PVG.

The CPH-LHR leg is cheap, though.
Looks like J and Plus seats are sold as the same cabin. Would make more sense to sell Plus as coach and have elites assign those seats free.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
This is LHR-CPH SK501/501 on tuesday mornings only. Be prepared to pay through the nose for the LHR-CPH leg though, as you will battle for availability with those connecting to PVG.
How same day transfer to China is possible at CPH with current China entry rules? Do they make fast covid tests at CPH?

Minimum connecting time at HEL is 16hrs when flying AY87 to PVG.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Looks like J and Plus seats are sold as the same cabin. Would make more sense to sell Plus as coach and have elites assign those seats free.
Not from an airline point of view. They need cash - sell as many seats as possible as expensive as possible, give as little as possible away to elites.
And most of these seats are not sold as "plus" but as full fare business as LHR-PVG. Mind you, SAS does not sell business class on shorthaul and so there is no infrastructure for them to suddenly sell business class on this "equipment change".

Also, I doubt there are many elites onboard. These are expats needing to get back home. A lot flying one way or with an open return.

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
How same day transfer to China is possible at CPH with current China entry rules? Do they make fast covid tests at CPH?

Minimum connecting time at HEL is 16hrs when flying AY87 to PVG.
No idea! But this route has a 8+h layover in CPH, so maybe they do test there.

All I know is that SK is quoting major demand from LHR to PVG and thus they need to increase the feeder capacity. Looking at prices and seatmaps A330 looks decently packed.

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
But what is the problem?
Timatic says you need a PCR 48h before departure - so this should be possible to do in LHR without the need of re-testing in CPH.

-- Added
Ah now I see the issue
Passengers travelling to China via connecting flights must take the two tests in the country of departure within 48 hours before boarding, and take both tests again in the country of transit within 48 hours before boarding. Passengers must also obtain a green health code from both their country of departure and country of transit.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 22, 2021 at 3:07 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
The flight cancellation finally came through on the 26th, and I did the refund request the same day; the money appeared back on the Amex the following day! What a result!

Sincere thanks to everyone for all your help!
esledo likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus
Originally Posted by ffay005
Yeah, there's not much you can do. Had this been an upgrade, you could have asked ask to be downgraded and receive your vouchers/points back under certain conditions.

One option would be to postpone this ticket far into the future, hoping for widebodies, if you have a need to fly this route later, and then book a ticket in Y for your dates in May. You would have to pay any applicable fare difference for the date change, though.
What are these certain conditions to get points back? Flying to Amsterdam on august and plenty of upgrade availability on A350 flight. There is bigger group of us going and dont want to waste points to get us all on A320 "business" class, so if the equipment changes I would like to downgrade us. Anyone has recent experience how this works nowdays?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Obviously, there needs to be a seat free in Y if you want to downgrade yourself. Some reports here also state that original inventory needs to be available to process the de-upgrade.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus
Obviously, there needs to be a seat free in Y if you want to downgrade yourself. Some reports here also state that original inventory needs to be available to process the de-upgrade.
I guess that sounds reasonable. Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Confirmed, all this has happened to me and I was denied downgrade. Few years ago, so this may not count as reference, if thing have changed.
ffay005 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.