2021 promotions

Old Apr 7, 2021, 3:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
They just announced new partner ePassi, allowing Finns to spend AY points with 15 000 merchants.
(apparently some 8500 merchants in sweden too - though I've never heard of them before. Plus estonia. However, the press release only mentions usage in Finland)
So it is not completely dead in AY+
kauppias likes this.

Last edited by intuition; Apr 7, 2021 at 3:10 am Reason: Added coverage numbers
Old Apr 7, 2021, 3:47 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Now we got those offers.

Fresh email from AYPlus had that e-passi, Economy Comfort and Alicante oneway fare.

What else do we need?
seldomrfly and kauppias like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
ePassi: Great. Though, I'd like to see even a single product or service for which the AY+ points exchange ratio is not an outright joke (value > 0.5 euro cents per point).

Regrettably, I am foreseeing point inflation. People's points purses are getting heavier, at least not any lighter, and with all these frequent point sales the point value must be going down eventually. Buy high sell low, this is the way, or sell high buy low for AY+ team. Better use the points sooner than later when opportunities come. Personally, I'm planning to convert into TP towards re-qualification.

If the lounges were open, including the Platinum Wing+sauna, with suitable promos I wouldn't mind flying to LHR and back every second home-office vacation day. Assuming LHR would be open as well. Wouldn't bother for the Schengen lounge, though. I was there in the first days after they re-opened in summer 2020, and the staff were so stressed, everywhere smelled of pungent detergent, and it wasn't very enjoyable for anyone, guests or staff alike.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by zxcv1
Wouldn't bother for the Schengen lounge, though. I was there in the first days after they re-opened in summer 2020, and the staff were so stressed, everywhere smelled of pungent detergent, and it wasn't very enjoyable for anyone, guests or staff alike.
When lounge re-opened in 2020, world was opening according to AY.

On 14JUL20 I got an e-mail from AY and the title was "World is opening and we are ready". Same e-mail had an offer to Schengen lounge.

Still waiting that world opening....
Old Apr 7, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Careful in askin for offers....now that ePassi is a Big Joke
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Careful in askin for offers....now that ePassi is a Big Joke

It's amazing how some average pSpenders see value in many things, I am amazed by some people who tell me about the great deals they have found 😂😂

Value is perceived differently by many
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Liquidity is a value. All points are worthless if you cant exchange them for something you like. I bet a lot of people are sitting with points they see no use for. In that light I guess entry to a gym is attractive.

​​​​​​
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Finnair flight offers from London: Bangkok 389 economy/1691 business, Singapore 407/1798, Seoul 460/1691
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Not bad prices, but to get into those places as a tourist is quite a hurdle, to say the least.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: AY platinum, Sixt diamond, IHG diamond, ALL diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
Liquidity is a value. All points are worthless if you cant exchange them for something you like. I bet a lot of people are sitting with points they see no use for. In that light I guess entry to a gym is attractive.

​​​​​​
Very attractive. I for one have very little use for AY reward points. Gym membership or pool ticket paid for with something that is essentially worthless to me? Sign me up! (Already did, actually.)
Old Apr 12, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by parrukeisari
Very attractive. I for one have very little use for AY reward points. Gym membership or pool ticket paid for with something that is essentially worthless to me? Sign me up! (Already did, actually.)
Not much of a perk if it's useful only in the most desperate of nothing-to-lose circumstances.

The pool entry with 2000-4000 AY+ points, valuing the entry at the usual eur 7.50, amounts to 0.1875 - 0.375 euro cents per point.

Terrible.

However, when rephrased as "Fly to Europe with us and we'll get you swimming for free", it doesn't sound too bad necessarily. No bought points should ever be used, though.
esledo likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: AY platinum, Sixt diamond, IHG diamond, ALL diamond
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Not much of a perk if it's useful only in the most desperate of nothing-to-lose circumstances.

The pool entry with 2000-4000 AY+ points, valuing the entry at the usual eur 7.50, amounts to 0.1875 - 0.375 euro cents per point.

Terrible.

However, when rephrased as "Fly to Europe with us and we'll get you swimming for free", it doesn't sound too bad necessarily. No bought points should ever be used, though.
I agree 100%. I wouldn't lose sleep over points. The thought of buying points with money has never occurred to me, it just doesn't make fiscal sense. I'm on the fence whether I would even accept the transaction fee for transferring reward points for tier points. I guess if that's your last straw for reneving AY gold I could see a case for it.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition

​​​​​​
Liquidity is exactly the reason I had to start moving back AY points to Kplussa even though it is not good value but better than any ePassi etc, cash in hand anyway
Old May 18, 2021, 5:49 am

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/finnair-plus/points
Old May 18, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

Sale promos, but where are the travel promos 😁😁

How about a domestic " J"sale with 400% tierpoints 😁😁

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.