2021 promotions

Old Dec 30, 21, 3:36 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by jessejarvi View Post
Speaking from a personal perspective here.

Ps, goddamn this forum is addictive. Been a longtime casual lurker, but for the past few days, I've spent hours here.

Hahaha, and you have a nice handle! (Cannot avoid thinking where is pulju)😉
Welcome, we are mostly nice bisons here🤓
Old Dec 30, 21, 6:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
Hahaha, and you have a nice handle! (Cannot avoid thinking where is pulju)😉
Welcome, we are mostly nice bisons here🤓
Grazing on salad?
Old Dec 30, 21, 7:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
If pax buy AA domestic ticket and uses AAdmirals club in the US based on AY OWE status, who pays for access to the lounge, AY or AA? Because I suspect a large number of those 400.000 points buyers intend to do just that, plus burn their 250.000 leftover points on US-Europe longhaul.
intuition and FFlash like this.
Old Dec 30, 21, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005 View Post
If pax buy AA domestic ticket and uses AAdmirals club in the US based on AY OWE status, who pays for access to the lounge, AY or AA? Because I suspect a large number of those 400.000 points buyers intend to do just that, plus burn their 250.000 leftover points on US-Europe longhaul.
It is hard to believe AA would pick up that tab.
Old Dec 30, 21, 7:19 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (OWE), Accor Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
It is hard to believe AA would pick up that tab.
Can’t remember again how it was with OW, but IIRC in OW it was the operating airline that pays for lounge entries?
Old Dec 30, 21, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, could be, the inner workings of alliance reconciliation can have their own logic. Such principle would make stuff very simple (but not very fair)
I've seen many threads on these subjects but one can never really know if people are speculating of if they actually have knowledge.
Old Dec 30, 21, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by lkrt View Post
Can’t remember again how it was with OW, but IIRC in OW it was the operating airline that pays for lounge entries?
This would seem logical from AY's perspective – AY makes the money, other airlines pay the bill. But surely the big players won't be too happy with this. I wonder how this will affect AA/BA/AY relations. Interesting.
Old Dec 30, 21, 10:28 am

This would seem logical from AY's perspective – AY makes the money, other airlines pay the bill. But surely the big players won't be too happy with this. I wonder how this will affect AA/BA/AY relations. Interesting.
But the typical finnish answer would be, when big dogs started barking towards the small dog AY, that AY guys would just nod and take the bill (”becaude otherwise big boys might not play with us”) as usual in any other affairs…this ”suomi mainittu” mentality is the best and most that our folks conform with🤓🤓
Old Dec 30, 21, 11:07 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Yeah, could be, the inner workings of alliance reconciliation can have their own logic. Such principle would make stuff very simple (but not very fair)
I have the feeling that we stew in FT AY‘s own juice.
Originally Posted by intuition
5 years of lounge x 50 weeks x 2 visits a week x 10€ saved per visit = 5 000€ right there on saved lounge access. With just 1 visit a week and only 10€ saved per visit, you break even right there on the 2500€ spent. All the other OWE perks and the points are then for free
These kind of people are AY OWE simply by flying with 100 OW flights per year.

So the frequent flyers could have had it anyway before while I doubt that the occasional flyers will be noticed.

Other OW airlines also make money. If you went before by best price you are now stuck with AA and AS on domestic routes.

In general, yes lounges cost the airlines money, and we know that some light/unbundled fares remove access. I imagine that some airlines would like to treat it the same way as the „luggage benefit“. But I am convinced that this is unrelated to this promotion.
Old Dec 30, 21, 3:06 pm

Programs: AY
Ps, goddamn this forum is addictive. Been a longtime casual lurker, but for the past few days, I've spent hours here.
Originally Posted by cistavoda View Post
Welcome! Soon you'll find there's no way back out and Delhi Deli is calling for you!
Yes jessejarvi, that's pretty much the case for me too. Years lurking every now and then, but somehow intrigued to check in daily for months now. Don't have Imodium and courage enough to try Delhi Deli yet, though. But that, and intuition 's "to China via Canada or whatever the title was" are by far the best trip reports ever! My hat is off for both his writing style and sense of humor
ffay005, intuition, FFlash and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 21, 4:24 pm

I did the promo last weekend. My status in Finnair posted immediately. When will the OW database (or AA database) update? I made a reservation tonight on AA and it is not recognizing the OWE status.
Old Dec 30, 21, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by aah_ View Post
Yes jessejarvi, that's pretty much the case for me too. Years lurking every now and then, but somehow intrigued to check in daily for months now. Don't have Imodium and courage enough to try Delhi Deli yet, though. But that, and intuition 's "to China via Canada or whatever the title was" are by far the best trip reports ever! My hat is off for both his writing style and sense of humor
I agree completely. Once DEL opens up for travel (properly), I am sure you're tempted enough to go on a Delhi Deli, imodium or no imodium

In the meanwhile, I hope you've also seen this 15-page long thread that started off as my DD experience and delved into so many other things. It's an enjoyable read (and I don't mean because of my own post, but because of all the discussion!) In the footsteps of the Delhi Deli: same-plane return to DEL & 20k points
aah_ likes this.
Old Jan 1, 22, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY
Thanks! I had missed this thread entirely. Now I have read it, and have to admit I am VERY intrigued (and also scared) to try the Delhi run if and when the Covid-Scheiße and its effects to traveling eventually goes away!

Sorry for the off-topic, and a very merry new year to all!

Edit: love your underscore definition of AY J at the moment!
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 22, 1:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat / LH Sen / AA CK
Originally Posted by cistavoda View Post
Welcome! Soon you'll find there's no way back out and Delhi Deli is calling for you!
I've been a registered user here for about five days now, and we just had the first discussion about a potential future Delhi Deli trip with my girlfriend.

I'm starting to question my sanity.
ffay005, cistavoda, FFlash and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 2, 22, 2:31 pm

I've been a registered user here for about five days now, and we just had the first discussion about a potential future Delhi Deli trip with my girlfriend.

I'm starting to question my sanity.
Oh your better half is in, you must be born under idiot stars.

Search this Thread