Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by kauppias
with no travel in sight for many months I just called tonsee if AX would be offering a solution vs monthly fee, no such luck so I cancelled My AX Plat. no sense in oaying 60€a month for 4-6months with no benefits offered at the moment in my opinion... they did it efficiently. no questions asked... well other then security Qs

I was suprised that they did not offer to give callers say 2-3 months reduced membership fees considering the benefits at the moment are not really usable... they would rather just let people cancel the card... but life life goes on.
Thanks for this post. I was just thinking about a similar question to AX. The whole point of the annual fee imho are the perks for travel. During the corona lockdown those are hardly on any use.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:11 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Trav1970
Thanks for this post. I was just thinking about a similar question to AX. The whole point of the annual fee imho are the perks for travel. During the corona lockdown those are hardly on any use.

indeed, especially as cheaper options are around. perhaps if enough people cancel they will offer some temporary solution...
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I cancel as well. Just for the zealousity what other countries have as bennies.

Ax to HH ratio 1:1, what? In US I am reading it is 1:2 and now they have campaign 50% more so you get 3 Honors point for one amex point which a decent ratio. What do we have in Finland? Nothing useful, the best I can get is 5:4 ratio to SK.

This card was okayish until corona, but now I contemplate it waste of 60€ month.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:37 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
I cancel as well. Just for the zealousity what other countries have as bennies.

Ax to HH ratio 1:1, what? In US I am reading it is 1:2 and now they have campaign 50% more so you get 3 Honors point for one amex point which a decent ratio. What do we have in Finland? Nothing useful, the best I can get is 5:4 ratio to SK.

This card was okayish until corona, but now I contemplate it waste of 60€ month.

the amount of promos AX has in Finland is pathetic! they just dont have any competition here so no need to run promos...

we need a big bank to start a premium mastercard here in Finland to give AX the fear of 😂

Chase offers great premium cards in the states with premium yearly fees too...
Old Mar 27, 2020, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
With travel bans all over, AX Plat is a waste of money.

AX Gold has always been a wste of money compared to AX Green.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
I was having some extra time and was cleaning up. I came across Platinum News 1/2018 which lists the value of the platinum benefits. The list includes the following:
  • Fast track: 70 €
  • Ticket sales to cardholders: 150 €
  • Platinum-events: 180 €
  • Membership Rewards: 285 €
  • Connoisseur Club (nightclubs): 350 €
  • Hotel and car rental benefits: 500 €
  • Travel insurance: 450 €
  • Airport lounges: 715 €
Interesting list. Out of the above, everything except Membership Rewards points are impacted. I think AX should seriously consider refunding card fees temporarily simply based on the analysis of the benefits they themselves completed and advertised.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:23 am

I was having some extra time and was cleaning up. I came across Platinum News 1/2018 which lists the value of the platinum benefits. The list includes the following:
  • Fast track: 70 €
  • Ticket sales to cardholders: 150 €
  • Platinum-events: 180 €
  • Membership Rewards: 285 €
  • Connoisseur Club (nightclubs): 350 €
  • Hotel and car rental benefits: 500 €
  • Travel insurance: 450 €
Interesting list. Out of the above, everything except Membership Rewards points are impacted. I think AX should seriously consider refunding card fees temporarily simply based on the analysis of the benefits they themselves completed and advertised.
What imaginary numbers???? Dont know if per day or per year, but in my books those values are far from real or logical.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:24 am

What imaginary numbers???? Dont know if per day or per year, but in my books those values are far from real or logical.
Does not matter. These are values that AX put in their advertising material in writing. As travelling is not possible, I am not having the opportunity to receive almost any of these benefits except for MR points.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:40 am

Does not matter. These are values that AX put in their advertising material in writing. As travelling is not possible, I am not having the opportunity to receive almost any of these benefits except for MR points.

until people cancel their cards in mass AX wont care their attitude has been pisspoor for ages even when there are issues they just dont seem to care IMO

Last edited by kauppias; Mar 31, 2020 at 3:15 pm
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:09 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
What imaginary numbers???? Dont know if per day or per year, ....
Only a true FT'er knows how to extract 715€ lounge benefits a day.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
They have probably taken the list price of two unlimited visit Priority Passes for that one.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Thats the starting point.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:14 am

AX seems to have a campaign in the mobile app for payments with MR points. 1000 MR pts are now worth 10 €. Trying to figure out if this is good value.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
Corona benefits

Hey,
yesterday got an announcement that they offer 35€ credits for Wolt. Unfortunately only limited amount of credits, and I was not able to claim one.
Also: Double MR points until July 20th and Double value if using MR points to pay the bill.

Edit: wolt credit was for Platinum members
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:13 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Double MR points until July 20th and Double value if using MR points to pay the bill
This equals 3% cash back on Platinum, which I think is unprecedented in Finland. I already canceled my card in March, but would have kept it had they made this offer then.

Now I'm off to cry about the 700,000 MR I burned just before the offer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.