Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Tell us so we can start calling the relevant parties involved
all I could find was a max 18% discount flr diamond members and 15% for plat 10% for gold etc
Old Mar 31, 2024, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
not Accor (it’s not as good as I remembered) but

https://prioritypass.com/campaigns/d...5&currency=EUR

standard membership (10 visits) €187

But I prefer the free Dragonpass via Dufry with $28 per visit for when I’m not on OW/*A/ST or BT ie hardly ever
joorinainen and kauppias like this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Does the Finnish Amex have a limit on how many MR points can be converted to Finnair adios?

The swedish Amex now has a limit of 990 000 MR per year corresponding to 49 500 adios /year
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Pontus ARN reopened.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by florens
Pontus ARN reopened.
indeed it has, tested it yesterday

Food was tasty and the beer cold
vulle and intuition like this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Does the Finnish Amex have a limit on how many MR points can be converted to Finnair adios?

The swedish Amex now has a limit of 990 000 MR per year corresponding to 49 500 adios /year
Not yet, but even if it happened you could convert some points to BAEC and Iberia and then use the Avios transfer through BAEC to Finnair plus. Of course only once that feature is there.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, once transfers inside the adios walled garden it would not matter that much.

But why would they even add such a limit? 49,5k is not even enough to redeem a longhaul oneway in business.

And the exchange rate is not that good. 990k swedish MR is over 85kEUR in spend. Compared to what they pay for spend with Aktia card it seems strange to limit the exchange of swedish MR if there are people willing to do this.
nordic likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 2:18 am

Anyone faced problems with AMEX Dinner for Two benefit in Wellamo. I was charged 3 cource menu fully for two and they tooked 5 weeks to investigate it. Now they are saying that menu was not covered. But that time it was mentioned on app that it covers 3 cource menu. Anyone experiance about this?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, EBG, FB Blue, Asante Platinum, AB Exec
Originally Posted by konsulentti
Anyone faced problems with AMEX Dinner for Two benefit in Wellamo. I was charged 3 cource menu fully for two and they tooked 5 weeks to investigate it. Now they are saying that menu was not covered. But that time it was mentioned on app that it covers 3 cource menu. Anyone experiance about this?
PM
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Finaviator
PM
Also sent PM
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:17 am

Renovated Amex Lounge in ARN (Stockholm Arlanda)

Very spacious, shiny, calm, and tasty Amex lounge in Arlanda
Lets say Pier0 has a sister in Stockholm 😂

Entrance

Platinum sitting area

Platinum menu front

Platinum menu back

Complimentary beer

Soup of the day/mushroom

Wallenbergare/veal burger
ConTraFly, AY005 and yoghurt like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold

I dont know but both my UK and NL issued AMEX can no longer transfer to Finnair. Not a single announcement or message on the transfers page either, Finnair simply disappeared from the page
intuition likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 10:40 am
Moderator, Finnair

Aha, then this sounds more and more like there is something cooking in this adios-cooperation. Aktia K-plussa awaits "approval from UK", Amex SE has limit transfers and other markets have entirely closed points transfers...

Last edited by intuition; Apr 18, 2024 at 11:11 pm Reason: Confused the points options
Old Apr 18, 2024, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Aha, then this sounds more and more like there is something cooking in this adios-cooperation. Aktia awaits "approval from UK", Amex SE has limit transfers and other markets have entirely closed points transfers...
I really hope that you confuse Aktia with K-plussa!!
TapioR and intuition like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 11:09 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Oh Yes, my mistake! K-plussa indeed!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.