Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Old Aug 23, 2023, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Sad that Schengen side will be a no comp champagne area now 😞😃
The Pier zero lists Champagne under sparkling wine so it is included 👍🏼 though only a small glass but still.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by nordic
The Pier zero lists Champagne under sparkling wine so it is included 👍🏼 though only a small glass but still.
Yes, and you get a bottle of Pellegrino sparkling wine as well. The champagne is not very special tho (WV Lanson was way better) so I find the Nederburg red a better value. The meatballs were micro heat up and the salmon salad is not that special either but all in all this is an ok perk.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 2:04 am

Programs: AY
Traveling through Arlanda Stockholm next week and was hoping to checkout the Amex pop up lounge, but my flight is departing from T2. Anybody know if I can go trough security in T5 even though my flight is from another terminal? Or could I possibly use the transfer bus airside to change terminal once I've gone through security in T2 or do they check BP?
Old Aug 24, 2023, 2:37 am

At least earlier it was possible to use the air side transfer bus
Old Aug 24, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by tajp
Traveling through Arlanda Stockholm next week and was hoping to checkout the Amex pop up lounge, but my flight is departing from T2. Anybody know if I can go trough security in T5 even though my flight is from another terminal? Or could I possibly use the transfer bus airside to change terminal once I've gone through security in T2 or do they check BP?
last time I did it they did not check BP but in my humble opinion the ax pop up in ARN is NOT worth the trip, atleast not the plat version
vulle likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:59 am

Are there any good referral offers at the moment?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Tunari
Are there any good referral offers at the moment?
20k offer at the moment so 20k for ypu and your referree, I am happy to send a referral link if you want.

They had a 50k offer before but havent seen it this month perhaps next month or maybe not ? One never knows
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:12 am

20k offer at the moment so 20k for ypu and your referree, I am happy to send a referral link if you want.

They had a 50k offer before but havent seen it this month perhaps next month or maybe not ? One never knows
Any requirements for that 20k? Probably a good idea to wait and see for September anyways as we are at the end of the month.
kauppias likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:31 am

Any requirements for that 20k? Probably a good idea to wait and see for September anyways as we are at the end of the month.
looks like the same 4500 charges in the first 3 months, easy enough to do with one full flex J ticket 🤔😀
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:34 am

Its a good idea to wait atleast till the beginning of Sept for a new promo, I would assume one will come before end of year for sure...
Old Sep 5, 2023, 11:13 pm

Its a good idea to wait atleast till the beginning of Sept for a new promo, I would assume one will come before end of year for sure...
So far no change in the offer it seems as its still at 20k today
Old Sep 14, 2023, 10:01 am

First time I tried to use the AX insurance in years, and wow what S@@t 🤣

Single item limit max 750 if your item is 2 years old its worth 50% of the original cost etc 🤔🤣

For q premium card the limits are not very premium. I told them to stuff thwir insurance and will use another one, most likely will consider taking a rest from amex for 6months in protest 🤔🤣
Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:18 pm

First time I tried to use the AX insurance in years, and wow what S@@t 🤣

Single item limit max 750 if your item is 2 years old its worth 50% of the original cost etc 🤔🤣

For q premium card the limits are not very premium. I told them to stuff thwir insurance and will use another one, most likely will consider taking a rest from amex for 6months in protest 🤔🤣
Is 50% deduction to the 750 settlement amount a new addition to Ts&Cs?

In 2022 my iPhone was stolen and although I claimed the whole value of the phone which I was still in debt to the phone operator, but AXA reimbursed the full 750 which is the maximum amount in the Platinum policy for a single personal item lost/stolen. No mention of age of the item not in the written policy nor by AXA in communications.

Have to say that at the time comparing to what kotivakuutus would have offered, Amex/AXA was more because of not bringing age of the device into consideration for reimbursement.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Matin
Is 50% deduction to the 750 settlement amount a new addition to Ts&Cs?

In 2022 my iPhone was stolen and although I claimed the whole value of the phone which I was still in debt to the phone operator, but AXA reimbursed the full 750 which is the maximum amount in the Platinum policy for a single personal item lost/stolen. No mention of age of the item not in the written policy nor by AXA in communications.

Have to say that at the time comparing to what kotivakuutus would have offered, Amex/AXA was more because of not bringing age of the device into consideration for reimbursement.

Not sure what the T&cs say I was too lazy to read on, I just sent the claim to another insurance and told AX team to forget it. I DONT FEEL LIKE Fighting and paying for a service that does not deliver much npw I am doing the math do I need/want Priority pass that much since I do have a Lounge key without a guest 🤔🤣
Matin likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:40 pm

Not sure what the T&cs say I was too lazy to read on, I just sent the claim to another insurance and told AX team to forget it. I DONT FEEL LIKE Fighting and paying for a service that does not deliver much npw I am doing the math do I need/want Priority pass that much since I do have a Lounge key without a guest 🤔🤣
Makes sense
The only selling point of Amex in Finland is the insurance part atm after massive devaluations in the MR points.
If one gets a better insurance elsewhere then no point in Amex since PriorityPass/LoungeKey is virtually offered by every financial institution even Revolut!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.