Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Originally Posted by _fly_

3k + 3k.
Would be nice to hear the benefits! Either here or via DM if you don’t mind. 💪
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Akkku
Would be nice to hear the benefits! Either here or via DM if you don’t mind. 💪
https://www.americanexpress.com/fi/e...nturion-suomi/

It's a full site site behind login or a personalised link that I don't feel comfortable sharing.

I haven't had time to look at the benefits in detail but judging by the headlines it's not for me: the basics are not that much different from Plat unless you want "VIP treatment" for different occasions such as travel or events.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:50 am

It's a full site site behind login or a personalised link that I don't feel comfortable sharing.

I haven't had time to look at the benefits in detail but judging by the headlines it's not for me: the basics are not that much different from Plat unless you want "VIP treatment" for different occasions such as travel or events.
I agree, focus seems to be on lifestyle, experiences, tickets etc… i.e. just the "benefits" I don't even currently (Amex plat) utilize that much. Improvement for me would be some of the better membership levels on hotel programs (e.g. HH Diamond), but overall I think platinum is the most appropriate card for me.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
I was recently shown this screenshot of Finnish Centurion vs. Platinum comparison. Doesn't sound that amazing to me although the higher loyalty program tiers could be a valuable improvement over Platinum.

Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by haapalainen
I was recently shown this screenshot of Finnish Centurion vs. Platinum comparison. Doesn't sound that amazing to me although the higher loyalty program tiers could be a valuable improvement over Platinum.

Agreed. Seems though, that on Marriot Bonvoy and Radisson Rewards there is no additional benefit Platinum --> Centurion, so one has to weigh the benefits based on favourite hotel chain.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond

Any Amex account works with this login, though, right? Looks like the hard benefits mirror those of the ICC Centurion. Hilton Diamond is nice. Travel insurance requires payment with the Centurion card or MR points, which is a worse deal than with the ICC. The site has no word on the number of supplemental cards included. (the ICC Centurion comes with up to 19 Platinums, each with Priority Pass, if you can utilise this with an extended family or employees it can go a long way towards justifying the fee)

Overall the difference to Platinum seems thin on the hard benefits front. We'll see how well "wallet candy" sells in Finland… with contactless everywhere I don't remember the last time anyone saw my card
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
https://onemileatatime.com/centurion...opening-dates/

Centurion Lounge coming to LHR T3.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
with no travel in sight for many months I just called tonsee if AX would be offering a solution vs monthly fee, no such luck so I cancelled My AX Plat. no sense in oaying 60€a month for 4-6months with no benefits offered at the moment in my opinion... they did it efficiently. no questions asked... well other then security Qs

I was suprised that they did not offer to give callers say 2-3 months reduced membership fees considering the benefits at the moment are not really usable... they would rather just let people cancel the card... but life life goes on.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Well, good for you - next time you can sign up as new card holder, with free 3-6 months...
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Well, good for you - next time you can sign up as new card holder, with free 3-6 months...

that is allways a possibility but more so I dont like to pay for nothing
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Here is just one wonder where to transfer amex points these days you dont know which partner is bankcrupt soon
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd just sit on the MR points - they don't expiry, so no rush to transfer
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
But they may well be devalued
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remymartin
But they may well be devalued
I haven't heard of the MR points' exchange ever been devalued - the countercurrencies yearly, that's for sure.

Easy for me to speak - earlier this year I zeroed out my MR account to get the missing Marriott points for our stay at Al Maha. Luckily the trip was in February, so all systems were go.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I haven't heard of the MR points' exchange ever been devalued - the countercurrencies yearly, that's for sure.
All the more reason it’s imminent in that case

Here’s an old example of US MR
https://onemileatatime.com/ouch-memb...itish-airways/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.