Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:28 am
  #391  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HEL
Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Posts: 14,127
AFAIK yes. Just for Bonvoy Gold it’s too expensive considering the minimal perks it brings. If there is an AX version that confers Marriott Plat, it should be looked into seriously.
Clarity_ likes this.
WilcoRoger is offline  
Old Dec 7, 2022, 4:14 am
  #392  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1L these days :)
Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Posts: 8,062
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
AFAIK yes. Just for Bonvoy Gold its too expensive considering the minimal perks it brings. If there is an AX version that confers Marriott Plat, it should be looked into seriously.
there is but of course only in the US market 😀🤦‍♂️
kauppias is offline  
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:24 pm
  #393  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Helsinki
Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Posts: 430
Nowadays Jack Daniels and Finlandia vodka are included in the amex price in Plaza Premium landside. Tia a wonderful lady) served me even a proper drink made out of vodka. Available also a proper bottle of champagne (Laurent Perrier 45) for cistavoda and remymartin. At the same time some better gins are taken away since they didn't sell that much (fait enuf). Talisker 18yo 9,50 still a very good price and Helsinki whisky #22 worth a try, although expensive (11,50).

Free vodka based drink
kanamurva is offline  
Old Jan 22, 2023, 7:09 am
  #394  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: WC1
Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 660
I tried finding more information about Amex Plat and Wine and View at HEL but couldn't come across anything. I decided to try it out today. With an Amex Plat you can choose from a salmon or a shrimp sandwich, and you get a glass of Lanson as well as a bottle of water to take away. One guest included. I have to admit I was very positively surprised!

GaryK84 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:42 pm
  #395  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: ATL/MCO
Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Posts: 5,686
Originally Posted by GaryK84
I tried finding more information about Amex Plat and Wine and View at HEL but couldn't come across anything. I decided to try it out today. With an Amex Plat you can choose from a salmon or a shrimp sandwich, and you get a glass of Lanson as well as a bottle of water to take away. One guest included. I have to admit I was very positively surprised!
I'll take that any day over AY's current Schengen offering!
miamiflyer8 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:37 am
  #396  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by intuition
Good luck with that.
After QR went with avios and allowed for 1:1 transfers with BAEC availability has been vaccumed. On top of that, there's the 40% bonus for AX to QR transfers at the same time as the announced AX devaluation so everyone who is leaving amex is doing so to QR.

Availability never was abundant on QR and now it is a desert. I'm not saying it's impossible but it is really important to research your planned usage of QR avios before committing!
Returning to this subject:

I managed to find return Q suite redemption Doha - Auckland on December for 2 pax with 280k Avios, so that was great value for MR points☺️

My previous experience with QR is that they quite often make schedule and other changes to their flights.
As I have no experience with QR award flights Im just bit worried how they treat award reservations in a situation of flight changes made by them.

Any experience here?
intuition likes this.
Andy70 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:49 am
  #397  
Moderator, Finnair
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Posts: 14,240
Nice!

For a schedule change I wouldn't expect any issues. In a cancellation situation I would be more worried
Andy70 likes this.
intuition is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:07 am
  #398  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Helsinki
Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Posts: 430
I booked Sue Ellen for the amex experiences 2 course meal and I would recommend this place (haven't been there before): fresh, cozy restaurant with good mostly sea food. Good wines also, since it's the same owner as Muru and they have their own wine import. You could choose from the normal menu so no "special" amex menu. Also upgrading to 4 course menu would have been possible.
joorinainen, FFlash and Andy70 like this.
kanamurva is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:25 am
  #399  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: AY, SK, TK
Posts: 7,628
What are the current amex offerings in terms of signup bonus and amex experiences, both regulars and campaigns?
thinking of signup again after a long pause but I would like to know the right timing too to maximize benefits (such as restaurant campaigns etc) vs the hefty monthly fee
EDIT: lets be frank - I would highly likely just take the signup points, transfer them, use the bennies to max and dump the card asap
FFlash is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:18 am
  #400  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Helsinki
Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Posts: 430
Originally Posted by FFlash
What are the current amex offerings in terms of signup bonus and amex experiences, both regulars and campaigns?
thinking of signup again after a long pause but I would like to know the right timing too to maximize benefits (such as restaurant campaigns etc) vs the hefty monthly fee
EDIT: lets be frank - I would highly likely just take the signup points, transfer them, use the bennies to max and dump the card asap
I guess it's just the usual 20k points. There was a campaing of 50k at some point so you might wanna wait for something like that. Otherwise I don't think it makes a difference when you get onboard: the 2course meal for 2 happens 3 times a year and 200+200 dinner credit is on the whole year. Other happenings come unpredictably.
kanamurva is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:01 am
  #401  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,538
Originally Posted by kanamurva
I booked Sue Ellen for the amex experiences 2 course meal and I would recommend this place (haven't been there before): fresh, cozy restaurant with good mostly sea food. Good wines also, since it's the same owner as Muru and they have their own wine import. You could choose from the normal menu so no "special" amex menu. Also upgrading to 4 course menu would have been possible.
Lovely service as well when i was there last time. Lot's of Amex diners also maybe 60%
kanamurva likes this.
joorinainen is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:33 am
  #402  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: AY, SK, TK
Posts: 7,628
TBH honest those dining offers pissed me off a lot. Disability to avail them. First, the offers were only for Helsinki area restaurants and the tables went fast to my liking. I am not wanting to book my evening for certain day 1-2 months out. I make my schedulings on a 24hrs basis, roughly, and then no Amex tables available but just normal pleb cash tables🤷‍♂️ Well well it is what it is. Not a biggie in itself but a biggie in the whole picture of mathing the benefits and value of the card vs annual fee
Ukki likes this.
FFlash is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:43 am
  #403  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Posts: 1,520
Originally Posted by FFlash
TBH honest those dining offers pissed me off a lot. Disability to avail them. First, the offers were only for Helsinki area restaurants and the tables went fast to my liking. I am not wanting to book my evening for certain day 1-2 months out. I make my schedulings on a 24hrs basis, roughly, and then no Amex tables available but just normal pleb cash tables🤷‍♂️ Well well it is what it is. Not a biggie in itself but a biggie in the whole picture of mathing the benefits and value of the card vs annual fee
The 200 dining credit has some quality places from Turku as well.
FFlash likes this.
cistavoda is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:03 am
  #404  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: AY, SK, TK
Posts: 7,628
Originally Posted by cistavoda
The 200 dining credit has some quality places from Turku as well.
Yes but I meant those dining campaigns whatever they were calledI dont have the card since couple of years or so
cistavoda likes this.
FFlash is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:53 am
  #405  
TTL
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/FB/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Posts: 2,270
Monthly fee raised from 60 to 65 eur...
TTL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.