Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
AFAIK yes. Just for Bonvoy Gold it’s too expensive considering the minimal perks it brings. If there is an AX version that confers Marriott Plat, it should be looked into seriously.
Clarity_ likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
AFAIK yes. Just for Bonvoy Gold its too expensive considering the minimal perks it brings. If there is an AX version that confers Marriott Plat, it should be looked into seriously.
there is but of course only in the US market 😀🤦‍♂️
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Nowadays Jack Daniels and Finlandia vodka are included in the amex price in Plaza Premium landside. Tia a wonderful lady) served me even a proper drink made out of vodka. Available also a proper bottle of champagne (Laurent Perrier 45) for cistavoda and remymartin. At the same time some better gins are taken away since they didn't sell that much (fait enuf). Talisker 18yo 9,50 still a very good price and Helsinki whisky #22 worth a try, although expensive (11,50).

Free vodka based drink
Old Jan 22, 2023, 7:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I tried finding more information about Amex Plat and Wine and View at HEL but couldn't come across anything. I decided to try it out today. With an Amex Plat you can choose from a salmon or a shrimp sandwich, and you get a glass of Lanson as well as a bottle of water to take away. One guest included. I have to admit I was very positively surprised!

Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by GaryK84
I tried finding more information about Amex Plat and Wine and View at HEL but couldn't come across anything. I decided to try it out today. With an Amex Plat you can choose from a salmon or a shrimp sandwich, and you get a glass of Lanson as well as a bottle of water to take away. One guest included. I have to admit I was very positively surprised!
I'll take that any day over AY's current Schengen offering!
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Good luck with that.
After QR went with avios and allowed for 1:1 transfers with BAEC availability has been vaccumed. On top of that, there's the 40% bonus for AX to QR transfers at the same time as the announced AX devaluation so everyone who is leaving amex is doing so to QR.

Availability never was abundant on QR and now it is a desert. I'm not saying it's impossible but it is really important to research your planned usage of QR avios before committing!
Returning to this subject:

I managed to find return Q suite redemption Doha - Auckland on December for 2 pax with 280k Avios, so that was great value for MR points☺️

My previous experience with QR is that they quite often make schedule and other changes to their flights.
As I have no experience with QR award flights Im just bit worried how they treat award reservations in a situation of flight changes made by them.

Any experience here?
intuition likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Nice!

For a schedule change I wouldn't expect any issues. In a cancellation situation I would be more worried
Andy70 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:07 am

I booked Sue Ellen for the amex experiences 2 course meal and I would recommend this place (haven't been there before): fresh, cozy restaurant with good mostly sea food. Good wines also, since it's the same owner as Muru and they have their own wine import. You could choose from the normal menu so no "special" amex menu. Also upgrading to 4 course menu would have been possible.
joorinainen, FFlash and Andy70 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:25 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
What are the current amex offerings in terms of signup bonus and amex experiences, both regulars and campaigns?
thinking of signup again after a long pause but I would like to know the right timing too to maximize benefits (such as restaurant campaigns etc) vs the hefty monthly fee
EDIT: lets be frank - I would highly likely just take the signup points, transfer them, use the bennies to max and dump the card asap
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
What are the current amex offerings in terms of signup bonus and amex experiences, both regulars and campaigns?
thinking of signup again after a long pause but I would like to know the right timing too to maximize benefits (such as restaurant campaigns etc) vs the hefty monthly fee
EDIT: lets be frank - I would highly likely just take the signup points, transfer them, use the bennies to max and dump the card asap
I guess it's just the usual 20k points. There was a campaing of 50k at some point so you might wanna wait for something like that. Otherwise I don't think it makes a difference when you get onboard: the 2course meal for 2 happens 3 times a year and 200+200 dinner credit is on the whole year. Other happenings come unpredictably.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by kanamurva
I booked Sue Ellen for the amex experiences 2 course meal and I would recommend this place (haven't been there before): fresh, cozy restaurant with good mostly sea food. Good wines also, since it's the same owner as Muru and they have their own wine import. You could choose from the normal menu so no "special" amex menu. Also upgrading to 4 course menu would have been possible.
Lovely service as well when i was there last time. Lot's of Amex diners also maybe 60%
kanamurva likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:33 am

TBH honest those dining offers pissed me off a lot. Disability to avail them. First, the offers were only for Helsinki area restaurants and the tables went fast to my liking. I am not wanting to book my evening for certain day 1-2 months out. I make my schedulings on a 24hrs basis, roughly, and then no Amex tables available but just normal pleb cash tables🤷‍♂️ Well well it is what it is. Not a biggie in itself but a biggie in the whole picture of mathing the benefits and value of the card vs annual fee
Ukki likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash
TBH honest those dining offers pissed me off a lot. Disability to avail them. First, the offers were only for Helsinki area restaurants and the tables went fast to my liking. I am not wanting to book my evening for certain day 1-2 months out. I make my schedulings on a 24hrs basis, roughly, and then no Amex tables available but just normal pleb cash tables🤷‍♂️ Well well it is what it is. Not a biggie in itself but a biggie in the whole picture of mathing the benefits and value of the card vs annual fee
The 200 dining credit has some quality places from Turku as well.
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda
The 200 dining credit has some quality places from Turku as well.
Yes but I meant those dining campaigns whatever they were calledI dont have the card since couple of years or so
cistavoda likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:53 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/FB/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Monthly fee raised from 60 to 65 eur...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.