Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Yes sir, god dag kirvesvartta.
me says cancel too

I just did a benefits check and for me its a tight squueze to get my moneys worth, I will check a few months and if needed up my lounge visits to make sure I win 😁😁😁

But I wont charge anything other then trips on amex and I will check to see if the ay MC insurance is worth anything that may end the ax saga for me 😁🤷‍♂️

Called to transfer my points out into Flying Blue but for some reasons there is a huge wait time for calls I wonder why 😁😁😁🤷‍♂️

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jun 22, 2022 at 8:24 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:36 am

I'm interested in seeing what kinds of benefits they offer in September. They must be really really good so that I keep my Amex. If they offer more restaurant benefits for example free desserts, I'm going to quit it. I don't like the fact that it's more like a lifestyle card rather than a travel card.

I would pay for the increased price if they added more hotel status cards. Then it's worth the price and the increase is acceptable.
vulle and esledo like this.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jun 22, 2022 at 8:23 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator, SPG Gold
The upcoming changes are, well, interesting.. I've had my MR points for years now in hope of some kind of special offer to arrive, nada.

Has anyone calculated which airline or hotel program makes the most sense right now? Availability for award flights from the airlines is pretty slim right now and plenty of miles there, perhaps the consolidation in the hotel programs would offer some new interesting opportunities?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:21 am

I've found that Marriott is great. They have really reasonable prices if you pay with points.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Mouke
I'm interested in seeing what kinds of benefits they offer in September. They must be really really good so that I keep my Amex. If they offer more restaurant benefits for example free desserts, I'm going to quit it. I don't like the fact that it's more like a lifestyle card rather than a travel card.

I would pay for the increased price if they added more hotel status cards. Then it's worth the price and the increase is acceptable.
the restaurant offers MIGHT offer value to those who live near them, but for country folks like ME its useless.... I have yet to manage one time to use it as they dont have tables when I could use it...

Very poor form that they offer so limited choices IMO... airport benefits are the only use, if they cut ANY of those its a easy decision to leave...
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by ojala
The upcoming changes are, well, interesting.. I've had my MR points for years now in hope of some kind of special offer to arrive, nada.

Has anyone calculated which airline or hotel program makes the most sense right now? Availability for award flights from the airlines is pretty slim right now and plenty of miles there, perhaps the consolidation in the hotel programs would offer some new interesting opportunities?
I am transferring mine to Flying blue as they are harder to earn with and they often offer promo fares with miles. Value is of course in the eye of the beholder so YMMV
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:25 am

With the current QR 40% extra point promotion from MR points, that would be very tempting BUT ofcourse exchange to QR is not allowed for Finnish AX users😒
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Andy70
With the current QR 40% extra point promotion from MR points, that would be very tempting BUT ofcourse exchange to QR is not allowed for Finnish AX users😒
I dont recall any MR promos in the last many years... over all very poor promos for Finns
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:43 am

So true, even the previous BA promo..FIN excluded😠
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Originally Posted by Mouke
I've found that Marriott is great. They have really reasonable prices if you pay with points.
Would you have any real life example on this?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by kanamurva
with 5th night free at Cat 1 & 2 there can be decent value, same with hilton...
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Andy70
I just earned my "extra" 40k Amex points by reaching the 40k spend limit and was thrilled when i saw QR Avios promo.but like you said: not available for Finnish customers. Like many other features and extra points etc etc. In the light of the recent devaluation i will surely contact customer service and let them know my frustration about raising the monthly fee and same time reducing benefits and cutting points when exchanging to other programs.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
Devaluation percentages:
BA Executive Club: -26,47 %
Delta SkyMiles: -50,00 %
Finnair Plus: -26,47 %
Flying Blue: -34,78 %
Iberia Plus: -26,47 %
SAS Eurobonus: -43,18 %
Hilton Honors: -16,67 %
MaRiot: -100,00 % (gone from 1st Sep)
Radisson Rewards: -28,57 %

Horrible. Thank your taking the time to calculate these.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Hilton Diamond
Pretty much all has been said what there is to say about this. It’s horrible.

I will certainly give AX feedback on this, and I recommend everyone to do that. Not that I believe they would care, but still.

When the 40k pts bonus gets done, canceling is a viable option for me. I feel like the current ”get a free dessert” perks are more like a nuisance than a real perk.
vulle likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by kanamurva

Sure Marriott has been running really good promotions recently and I just exchanged my points to really expensive hotel nights in Los Angeles and New York. In NYC I got a hotel night worth of 460$ for 40 000 points.
kanamurva likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.