Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Yrittaja
First, as a centurion member, I also received the free coffee perk from EH. Now, a few days later, I'm getting a chance to go pick up 2 Runeberg tortes from selected bakeries during one specific friday. I'm sure it is worth my while to drive there
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
So I cancel my Amex plat now. Didnt receive the promised 50.000pts and sooooo pissed off for them now. They took an excuse that my required 4500€ spend that was achieved but not fulfilled due to those campaigns where amex deducted some 100€ so I am under cut. Thanks, they seem to have same customer-intimacy-consultants as here.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Wine and dine still closed, no signs of life, then again most places were the same.... very dead at the moment in HEL...

FFlash and Yrittaja like this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
So I cancel my Amex plat now. Didnt receive the promised 50.000pts and sooooo pissed off for them now. They took an excuse that my required 4500€ spend that was achieved but not fulfilled due to those campaigns where amex deducted some 100€ so I am under cut. Thanks, they seem to have same customer-intimacy-consultants as here.
This is just plain idiotic from them. Yes, you are technically below the threshold, but it seems and is an honest mistake, and why would you risk 50k points on purpose anyway. In this kind of businesses with high-tier clients (which I think plat holders should be for them?), you just have to sometimes let the customer have their way whether they are wrong or right.

Seems like the number of new card holders during period x-y is all they care about, and nobody cares about attrition. I wonder what their marketing spend is versus how much would it cost to keep card holders from canceling. But in a corporation, those two budgets are of course different money.

Last edited by McCarran; Feb 8, 2022 at 3:44 pm
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:14 pm

I am gonna fight this and go for kuluttajansuoja. Anyone happens to have that promotion text from about August or so? Stupid me I had not taken screenshots what wording they exactly used, as a proof to kuluttajansuoja and I find no email left either it seems or was it so that they never even sent an email about the application.

thanks!

Edit: I found only a screenshot in this thread about refereals but I didnt take that but instead the newcomer bonus end of august 50.000p for 4500€ spend. Anyone who has saved that one, plz☺️

Last edited by FFlash; Feb 7, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Old Feb 8, 2022, 12:27 pm

I am gonna fight this and go for kuluttajansuoja. Anyone happens to have that promotion text from about August or so? Stupid me I had not taken screenshots what wording they exactly used, as a proof to kuluttajansuoja and I find no email left either it seems or was it so that they never even sent an email about the application.

thanks!

Edit: I found only a screenshot in this thread about refereals but I didnt take that but instead the newcomer bonus end of august 50.000p for 4500€ spend. Anyone who has saved that one, plz☺️
Case over. I sent a saunahot letter to them on this and today I received points and apology. They claimed for hickups whereby manual intervention had been needed for some accounts. An excuse or truth, what is wrong today in all programs, it is all about manual processing, while it is 2022 and IT-robotics, cyberhyperduper moon-to-mars we are living in??????
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by kauppias
Wine and dine still closed, no signs of life, then again most places were the same.... very dead at the moment in HEL...
Good to see it open again: now daily 1400-1800.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by strx
Good to see it open again: now daily 1400-1800.
the email I received was its open Daily from Thursday to Sunday 14-18 😁🤣
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:38 pm

They put it up on the App again (as they dont have anything else to offer for long time), and it says thurs-sun there yes😁lol idk why those days only
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:57 pm

They put it up on the App again (as they dont have anything else to offer for long time), and it says thurs-sun there yes😁lol idk why those days only

Indeed. After my LUMO run I will cancel ax since it offers zero advantage for me now with subpar earnings and mainly Helsinki area benefits I get my lounges from another card so only benefit is fast track when flying non Alliance (cant remember when) and Plaza Premium. Lounge to go has proved useless to me now with their very limited offerings and I dont want to go 100km to eat a "free " meal if they have space 😁🤣🤣🤣
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I still keep the AX Green card - the MR is a good program for Finland and the no-fixed-spending-limit comes handy from time to time. Ah, and AX doesn't participate in the worldwide scam called DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion)
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I still keep the AX Green card - the MR is a good program for Finland and the no-fixed-spending-limit comes handy from time to time. Ah, and AX doesn't participate in the worldwide scam called DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion)
On the DCC, admitting I dont know how it really works, I note that I got more money back for a sterlingbased ticket purchase that I cancelled.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I dont really find the MR program to offer much value at 1€ to1 pt but obviously in points issues these are hugely YMMV.

If for say I can get 10000 ay points for 5k € spend on MC vs 5k MR pts I will easily choose the 10k even if it is funny points of AY, especially since the MC is easy to use vs ax which for most of my spending is not

I valued ax service and benefits for the most part, but currently those are very limited.

The green card offers no benefits thus is for me useless.

Most of my cards offer a high enough limit to not leave me dry abroad, infact I have only once needed a higher limit and that was easily raised by prepayment to 20k so no issues there.

I really wish AX would be creative again like they were in the summer but it seems they are now only large city centric so who ever is in charge there must not realize not all members live inside the Ring roads 😁😁

I do hope we will see a AF/KLM card here soon now that they offer so many flight to HEL or perhaps a LH group card too... wishful hoping I know

Perhaps ay could get creative and offer a ay cobranded PREMIUM card (read hefty fee ay &#128521 with real ay related benefits to boost loyalty in their home market, but again wishful thinking
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Looks like we should trust SSP Finland more than Finavia... Great 😅
intuition and kauppias like this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The example 5k spend translates into 10k AY (MC) or e.g 4k Avios (AX), which is clearly a better value proposition. MR also offers some other transfers - one can use only so much AY points, but might need some Marriott points...

I keep the Green, because the other colors just don't provide anything of value to me for the extra yearly fees.
kauppias likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.