Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:55 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
BDSM isn't always the most reliable source on the internetz
Steve_Hun and kauppias like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by Mouke
I also got the same email. How long did it take for AMEX to contact you after you filled the form in the internet?
Filled the form last weekend but still waiting to hear back from AMEX. I guess they sent out the initial email invites to quite a large group so they have a lot of people to contact now.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:35 am

Probably yes. I called to Amex and the lady said that they haven't sent that email to many people. My two friends who have Amex Platinum, haven't got the email. But who knows how many people have got that email and how many have replied.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:52 am

And I don't think they are going to give Centurion to everyone who wants to have it. I guess they are asking people if they are interested in it and then they choose the ones among them.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:07 am

And I don't think they are going to give Centurion to everyone who wants to have it. I guess they are asking people if they are interested in it and then they choose the ones among them.
I agree that are likely targeting the highest Plat/Gold spenders. While I was a little surprised when receiving the initial email at the same time I also thought why would they send the email asking if you are interested only to then later say you didn't fulfill the criteria?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:18 am

Haha true And I think some people are going to refuse this invitation when they see that annual fee + invitation fee. The lady in the phone said that this is the first time when they are sending those kinds of emails to people but unfortunately she doesn't know anything else about it because many Amex employees know nothing about centurion. It's kept as a secret even from them. Only employees who work with centurion customers know everything about it.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:17 am

My three friends who don't spend much on platinum all received the mail. The link is exactly the same as there has always been to let them know that you are interested. I filled in the form 1 and a half years before I got invited.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Haha true And I think some people are going to refuse this invitation when they see that annual fee + invitation fee. The lady in the phone said that this is the first time when they are sending those kinds of emails to people but unfortunately she doesn't know anything else about it because many Amex employees know nothing about centurion. It's kept as a secret even from them. Only employees who work with centurion customers know everything about it.
Actually, the first batch of invitations was sent out in February 2020 (not the best timing!). That is how this thread (2020 onward) started: American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward
Old Sep 15, 2021, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by remymartin
Actually, the first batch of invitations was sent out in February 2020 (not the best timing!). That is how this thread (2020 onward) started: American Express in Finland - 2020 and onward
Unless I'm mistaken, it started from the administrative review I requested for. As per how FT is categorised and sorted, the thread is still in the wrong place in relevance to other similar threads (e.g. Germany), since this is not AY or AY+ specific as a subject, but for some reason a thread was kept here. As for AMEX Centurion invites, there's an actual specific thread for the subject.

Currently the AMEX subforum doesn't have an active market specific thread.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Unless I'm mistaken, it started from the administrative review I requested for. As per how FT is categorised and sorted, the thread is still in the wrong place in relevance to other similar threads (e.g. Germany), since this is not AY or AY+ specific as a subject, but for some reason a thread was kept here. As for AMEX Centurion invites, there's an actual specific thread for the subject.

Currently the AMEX subforum doesn't have an active market specific thread.
The reason this thread was originally set up was to discuss, amongst other things, points transfers from AX to AY during bonus campaigns (anyone still remember those??). I'm not sure moving a thread like this to a subforum nobody's ever heard of would increase traction.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by remymartin
The reason this thread was originally set up was to discuss, amongst other things, points transfers from AX to AY during bonus campaigns (anyone still remember those??). I'm not sure moving a thread like this to a subforum nobody's ever heard of would increase traction.
Infact I dare say it would KILL THIS thread 😁
finlandbased likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:24 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Is it really so, that this goclomerate can not be approached by customer service email?

My interest is about centurion and since I retired my platinum two years ago, the only chance to ask would be emailing them to Tukholma-address?

I almost regret my intent. As soon to be retired and still a big spender...
kauppias likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:32 am

Has anyone who expressed an interest for centurion, after getting the email in the beginning of september received actual invitation so far?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Andy70
Has anyone who expressed an interest for centurion, after getting the email in the beginning of september received actual invitation so far?
Yes, I received the official invitation too. It took about a week to arrive after filling up the form of interest.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by haapalainen
Yes, I received the official invitation too. It took about a week to arrive after filling up the form of interest.
Great…same here!
Did u accept? Received the Card allready? Do you have any idea, weather it is possible to change additional cardholder name later if U Wish or not?

I was also wondering why Finnish C doesn’t seem to include SAS gold as in other Nordic countries.. Any other flight bennies included?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.